logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AndyB  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 26, 2017 5:42:02 PM(UTC)
AndyB

Groups: Registered

Hi
A number of ProPresenter related github projects have sprung up which connect to an API for text streams and create lower third subtitles for worship lyrics.

like this: https://github.com/danie...0/StageDisplayViewer.zip

is would be great to see vMix with a built in input to connect directly.

thanks
thecloudmediagroup  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 27, 2017 12:16:03 AM(UTC)
thecloudmediagroup

Man
United States

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 43 post(s)
AndyB wrote:
Hi
A number of ProPresenter related github projects have sprung up which connect to an API for text streams and create lower third subtitles for worship lyrics.

like this: https://github.com/danie...0/StageDisplayViewer.zip

is would be great to see vMix with a built in input to connect directly.

thanks

That's interesting you mention that. I recently was looking into using that API, which they don't publish to my knowledge and I had to hack a bit to find, to create a custom XAML title that would bring in the text into a lower third for lyrics. We are currently doing this with a DualHead2Go and a separate template that has a lower third with a green background and chromaed out.

I'll take a look at this to see if I can create a title to bring in that text.
cacooley  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 27, 2017 5:50:01 AM(UTC)
cacooley

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I dont know if this is exactly what you are looking to do but I am also looking to extract Pro Presenter lyrics to overlay onto our worship service. I was thinking of bringing it in as a NDI input but it brings in the entire frame not just the lyrics. I called Pro presenter and they said they are working on the ability of just being able to output the lyrics through the NDI output.
thecloudmediagroup  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 27, 2017 12:57:18 PM(UTC)
thecloudmediagroup

Man
United States

cacooley wrote:
I dont know if this is exactly what you are looking to do but I am also looking to extract Pro Presenter lyrics to overlay onto our worship service. I was thinking of bringing it in as a NDI input but it brings in the entire frame not just the lyrics. I called Pro presenter and they said they are working on the ability of just being able to output the lyrics through the NDI output.

If you use the DualHead2Go you can create another feed of your lyrics that gets sent to vMix with a Chroma background. This is what it looks like.

thecloudmediagroup attached the following image(s):
IMG_6936.JPG (27kb) downloaded 4 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
AndyB  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 27, 2017 5:24:37 PM(UTC)
AndyB

cacooley wrote:

I don't know if NDI can handle text as a string of characters, not just a pattern of pixels. NDI can pass 'metadata' but is that support multiple lines of text and support international character sets?

And while were at it, it would be nice to format the text however you likes, left align, right align, centred. Top align, bottom align etc.

PP's network settings page does have a tick box for text stream which is to integrate their video server.

All I can say is that I look forward to it.

Andy
doggy  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 27, 2017 6:06:45 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Quote:
I don't know if NDI can handle text as a string of characters

Not sure if I will have the naming right but it is possible to have some sort of NDI feed with text or even graphics for that matter .
The NDI SDK has a few examples of it , one is even specifically sending text strings (c# example)

Personally i have used it to translate some wpf graphics and text into a NDI source for overlay

thecloudmediagroup  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2017 9:15:59 PM(UTC)
thecloudmediagroup

Man
United States

I finished an alpha version of an app that captures the ProPresenter text from the slide and dumping it in an XML document. That XML document can then be dropped into Data Sources and imported into a Title. More info to come soon!

-Seth
boris9831  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 4, 2017 2:57:02 PM(UTC)
boris9831

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
thecloudmediagroup wrote:
I finished an alpha version of an app that captures the ProPresenter text from the slide and dumping it in an XML document. That XML document can then be dropped into Data Sources and imported into a Title. More info to come soon!

-Seth

I would be very interested in seeing your ProP XML Data solution. However, I am a little confused. The title of this thread is "Stage Display" which is a separate video out that can include messages, timers, current lyrics, next screen lyrics, etc that is sent to a 3rd "confidence" monitor. This is typically used to provide feedback to the band and presenters on stage. BTW - I was able to use the ProPresenter SDI/NDI add on (free with water mark) to set up an input that captures the lyrics in lower thirds, and Desktop capture "Display 3" to capture the "Stage Display". I guess you could use XML feed to do a similar thing and use External or Fullscreen to send it to the monitor.
thecloudmediagroup  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, July 5, 2017 1:08:43 AM(UTC)
thecloudmediagroup

Man
United States

boris9831 wrote:
thecloudmediagroup wrote:

-Seth

I would be very interested in seeing your ProP XML Data solution. However, I am a little confused. The title of this thread is "Stage Display" which is a separate video out that can include messages, timers, current lyrics, next screen lyrics, etc that is sent to a 3rd "confidence" monitor. This is typically used to provide feedback to the band and presenters on stage. BTW - I was able to use the ProPresenter SDI/NDI add on (free with water mark) to set up an input that captures the lyrics in lower thirds, and Desktop capture "Display 3" to capture the "Stage Display". I guess you could use XML feed to do a similar thing and use External or Fullscreen to send it to the monitor.

Correct. All the data on that StageDisplay is stored as xml that can be retrieved and then placed into a spreadsheet like this program is doing. We normally did the desktop capture with the stage display in the beginning. The problem is that the results with the chroma key or luma key are not always the best. We then moved to the dual head2go like the picture ahead. That solution works great! But the nice thing about the XML is that you get the text
that can be formatted however you want in full quality. You could even have a title that had a semi transparent background or shadow with no issue.

You can also take data from the stage display like "countdown" clocks. We have a church that has some countdown data that they send to a green room video feed and is overlaid on the video so the people in the back can see how much time is left in a video or what not.

Gives you lots of options!
cgarwood  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, August 16, 2017 2:41:50 PM(UTC)
cgarwood

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I created a project a few months ago that takes the current ProPresenter slide from the stage display and uses the vMix web API to update a text input for lower thirds:
https://github.com/cgarwood/propresenter-vmix

Simply runs in a browser, and can technically run on a separate device from vMix or ProPresenter, assuming all the devices are on the same network.
jamesgid  
#11 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2018 1:33:27 AM(UTC)
jamesgid

cgarwood wrote:
I created a project a few months ago that takes the current ProPresenter slide from the stage display and uses the vMix web API to update a text input for lower thirds:
https://github.com/cgarwood/propresenter-vmix

Simply runs in a browser, and can technically run on a separate device from vMix or ProPresenter, assuming all the devices are on the same network.

Hi cgarwood,

Love the project. I have been using Seth Habermans batch file but it keeps crashing ProPresenter randomly. So I am keen to implement your solution. However, I cannot get it to work.

I have renamed the config.js file, input my ip address, port and password. When I launch the html all the Config data is correct, but there is nothing under Current Slide.

Any troubleshooting steps you can give me?

Cheers.
cgarwood  
#12 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2018 1:37:09 PM(UTC)
cgarwood

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Check the browser console (F12) to see if there are any errors that show up. The browser script will need to be started (or refreshed-F5) after ProPresenter is started, and you'll have to change slides after loading it to get it going.