logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
guztavo  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 9, 2017 8:39:53 AM(UTC)
guztavo

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Hi!
From some time to now i'm looking for a solution to get a zero delay solution for make my vMix system a TV mobile broadcast solution.
I read something about NDI CLOUD by SIENNA, but here is my point:
To get in to a TV station i cannot force them to make configuration changes in their network or installing software (or installing a new computer with vMix Call wich it's the logic solution).
So my question, one more time, is: there is a solution that allows to send vMix stream to a TV station with the less delay possible over a web site? (like "LiveU Central" i.e.).
Interaction between studio and mobile journalist is needeed, thats the reason about no delay. No matter if i have to pay, if the solution fix my needs.
I'm sorry if this question was answered in the past.
Thanks.
DWAM  
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 10, 2017 7:39:56 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Hi

zero latency transmission is not really possible.

I can see 3 solutions:

1. NDI Cloud as you mentionned is certainly the one with the least latency

2. Encoders like Aviwest, LiveU, etc... which are usually already used by TV channels. With Aviwest, you can get 3 seconds delay with bi-directional communication

3. Contribution encoders/decoders like ATEME Kyrion for example which may have 2 seconds latency

Guillaume
thanks 1 user thanked DWAM for this useful post.
guztavo on 6/15/2017(UTC)
livepad  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 12, 2017 4:42:32 AM(UTC)
livepad

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Hi Gustavo

If you are serious about your application and you have the appropriate computer hardware and fast internet connectivity in place at both your locations, you can apply to join the NDI.Cloud closed beta program in order to provide feedback on the service.

Take a look at the white paper and if you are serious, please email the NDI.Cloud contact address at the end of the white paper:
NDI.Cloud Global Wide Area Network - White Paper
JonnyNoblett  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 14, 2017 5:19:51 PM(UTC)
JonnyNoblett

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I have achieved a broadcast using super low latency with vMix using Mixer/Beam s FTL

Had to be in a combination of vMix with XSplit/OBS (to encode to FTL) but worked well using NDI external/virtual camera output.

The delay on mixer.com is really amazing. The sort of swipe your hand infront of the camera and see it instantly kind of amazing

thanks 1 user thanked JonnyNoblett for this useful post.
guztavo on 6/15/2017(UTC)
guztavo  
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 15, 2017 9:44:01 AM(UTC)
guztavo

Man

First of all, thanks for answering!

DWAM wrote:
Hi

zero latency transmission is not really possible.

I can see 3 solutions:

1. NDI Cloud as you mentionned is certainly the one with the least latency

2. Encoders like Aviwest, LiveU, etc... which are usually already used by TV channels. With Aviwest, you can get 3 seconds delay with bi-directional communication

3. Contribution encoders/decoders like ATEME Kyrion for example which may have 2 seconds latency

Guillaume

I saw in a local channel that as spectator i dont see delay between studios and mobile broadcast (they uses LiveU). I really dont know how they do, but if there is a delay, it is less than a second.
I was looking for solutions as LiveU, but by software, because LiveU or Teradek by now are out of bugdet. May be Aviwest could be a software solution, but i have to move to Mac. do you know about Aviwest pricing?
Thanks!

livepad wrote:
Hi Gustavo

If you are serious about your application and you have the appropriate computer hardware and fast internet connectivity in place at both your locations, you can apply to join the NDI.Cloud closed beta program in order to provide feedback on the service.

Take a look at the white paper and if you are serious, please email the NDI.Cloud contact address at the end of the white paper:
NDI.Cloud Global Wide Area Network - White Paper

Actually i'm testing options to offer my service to a remote TV sports station, but i want to offer a solution already tested. By now i dont have the remote location avaiable for test. And i use a 4G LTE connection, limited to 10GB so i dont have the option to use my system to do full test, but i'm moving to a Cable connection in the next month so i will send you an email soon!
Thanks!

JonnyNoblett wrote:
I have achieved a broadcast using super low latency with vMix using Mixer/Beam s FTL

Had to be in a combination of vMix with XSplit/OBS (to encode to FTL) but worked well using NDI external/virtual camera output.

The delay on mixer.com is really amazing. The sort of swipe your hand infront of the camera and see it instantly kind of amazing

This is probably what i was looking for! Do you know how pricing works? To make a stream without ads or interruptions?
This night i will try this option!

Once again, thanks!
guztavo  
#6 Posted : Monday, June 19, 2017 11:32:00 AM(UTC)
guztavo

Man

JonnyNoblett wrote:

Hi!
I was making some tests, and i found mixer.com the solution i was looking for.
I found less than a second without lag or quality issues.
Thanks to all for answering!!