logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GoGo  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 28, 2017 2:20:21 PM(UTC)
GoGo

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hopefully, someone can help me out. I currently do a podcast via www.spreaker.com and the cool, it has a desktop app that enables folks to broadcast from their laptops.

I have tried connecting it via Desktop/NDI but, it's not receiving the audio from the main pc at all. I was to connect skype properly, but not the spreaker app, maybe I am missing something.

The reason I want to be able to do a podcast and video live streaming at the same time so I can reach all of my audience without having to do my shows twice. (Pre-Recording is not an option)

So hopefully someone can take a look at the spreaker.com app and hopefully can help me connect the Vmix & Spreaker together.

Thank you.

P.S. If you need to download spreaker, there is a free version and here is the direct link for where the download app is: http://www.spreaker.com/broadcast
DWAM  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 28, 2017 2:40:05 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Hi

if you want to podcast from your vMix host, I guess you just need a Virtual Audio Cable "patched" in between vMix Bus A or B and your application.

For example : http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Cable/

if you want to do it on another PC, then you need the equivalent of NDI but for Audio.
Many solutions like
- Dante Via : https://www.audinate.com...ducts/software/dante-via
- VBAN : http://vb-audio.pagesper....fr/Voicemeeter/vban.htm

Hope this helps
Guillaume
thanks 1 user thanked DWAM for this useful post.
GoGo on 5/28/2017(UTC)
GoGo  
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 28, 2017 8:56:43 PM(UTC)
GoGo

DWAM wrote:
Hi

if you want to podcast from your vMix host, I guess you just need a Virtual Audio Cable "patched" in between vMix Bus A or B and your application.

For example : http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Cable/

if you want to do it on another PC, then you need the equivalent of NDI but for Audio.
Many solutions like
- Dante Via : https://www.audinate.com...ducts/software/dante-via
- VBAN : http://vb-audio.pagesper....fr/Voicemeeter/vban.htm

Hope this helps
Guillaume

Thank you for your input, but I am still at a lost even with the above suggestions. Do I connect my Spreaker to the Voicemeeter and then add it as an input to Vmix?
DWAM  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 29, 2017 4:16:23 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Audio Input brings audio IN vMix. AFAIK you want audio OUT of vMix TO your app.

I did not mention VoiceMeeter as a requirement. It is perfectly useless here, unless you're doing it on another PC using VBAN which you did not mention.

Setup for same computer:
Set vMix BUS A to use VB Audio Cable (settings audio outputs)
Make sure all your audio sources in vMix are set to use both M(aster) and BUS A
Set your app to use VB AUdio Cable as audio INPUT

Generally speaking, workflows have to be thought and designed using the right direction from source to destination.

GoGo on 5/29/2017(UTC)
GoGo  
#5 Posted : Monday, May 29, 2017 11:13:08 PM(UTC)
GoGo

DWAM wrote:
Audio Input brings audio IN vMix. AFAIK you want audio OUT of vMix TO your app.

I did not mention VoiceMeeter as a requirement. It is perfectly useless here, unless you're doing it on another PC using VBAN which you did not mention.

Setup for same computer:
Set vMix BUS A to use VB Audio Cable (settings audio outputs)
Make sure all your audio sources in vMix are set to use both M(aster) and BUS A
Set your app to use VB AUdio Cable as audio INPUT

Generally speaking, workflows have to be thought and designed using the right direction from source to destination.

Thank you, I got confused when I went to the "Vban" Link and assumed I should download the Voicemeeter Banana with the Vban that is included with it. Just so I am clear. I am to just use the Vban if I am using the same computer as Vmix, or use the combination of Voicemeeter Banana w/VBAN if I am using a separate computer am I correct?

Now, if I choose to use the VBAN only option with the above configuration that you wrote. Then the set up will allow all of the audio to be heard into the spreaker.com app and all the audio from the spreaker.com app to be heard through VMIX?
DWAM  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2017 3:05:49 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Quote:
I am to just use the Vban if I am using the same computer as Vmix, or use the combination of Voicemeeter Banana w/VBAN if I am using a separate computer am I correct?

I know english is not my mother tongue, but I wrote twice you need VB Virtual Audio Cable, NOT VBAN, if you're using a one computer setup.
Here's the link (again)
http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Cable/

Try one computer first. Start simple to understand. When things will be clearer for you, then you can try a more complex workflow.
Quote:
all the audio from the spreaker.com app to be heard through VMIX?

You didn't mention this in the first place... This is a different situation, which can be done using 2 virtual cables.
Just check this post:
https://forums.vmix.com/....aspx?g=posts&t=2518
GoGo  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2017 3:45:45 PM(UTC)
GoGo

DWAM wrote:
Quote:
I am to just use the Vban if I am using the same computer as Vmix, or use the combination of Voicemeeter Banana w/VBAN if I am using a separate computer am I correct?

I know english is not my mother tongue, but I wrote twice you need VB Virtual Audio Cable, NOT VBAN, if you're using a one computer setup.
Here's the link (again)
http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Cable/

Try one computer first. Start simple to understand. When things will be clearer for you, then you can try a more complex workflow.
Quote:
all the audio from the spreaker.com app to be heard through VMIX?

You didn't mention this in the first place... This is a different situation, which can be done using 2 virtual cables.
Just check this post:
https://forums.vmix.com/....aspx?g=posts&t=2518

I just want to say thank you for giving me your suggestions, but I was a bit taken aback, with your last reply and the condescending and sarcastic overtone with it.

I am new to this and I am sure that there was a time when things may have not been completely clear to you and someone may have had to explain things to you more than once.

Now after reading all of the information that you replied with, initially you did write this: (if you want to do it on another PC, then you need the equivalent of NDI but for Audio.
Many solutions like
- Dante Via : https://www.audinate.com...ucts/software/dante-via
- VBAN : http://vb-audio.pagesper...fr/Voicemeeter/vban.htm)

Which made me go to the VBAN/Voicemeeter link, since doing it on another PC sounded like a better option.

Also you wrote: (I did not mention VoiceMeeter as a requirement. It is perfectly useless here, unless you're doing it on another PC using VBAN which you did not mention.)

Which then led me to believe that I should go ahead with the 2nd PC option, but to use VBAN, with the Voicmeeter.

So, I asked you a few more things to be clear, because I am new to this and the only way to learn would be to ask questions.

And then you wrote that I did not mention that I wanted all of the audio from the spreaker.com app to be heard through VMIX. Now although I may not have worded it exactly like that in my initial post. I did write this:

(I have tried connecting it via Desktop/NDI but, it's not receiving the audio from the main pc at all. I was (able) to connect skype properly, but not the spreaker app, maybe I am missing something.

The reason I want to be able to do a podcast and video live streaming at the same time so I can reach all of my audience without having to do my shows twice. (Pre-Recording is not an option)

So hopefully someone can take a look at the spreaker.com app and hopefully can help me connect the Vmix & Spreaker together.)

But I guess, I should not have assumed that anyone reading it would have automatically knew that I wanted to be able to have the Spreaker.com app be heard through Vmix and Vmix be heard through Spreaker. My apologies for that.

But no matter what. I still thank you responding with some form of solution and hopefully I'll be able to get this working correctly soon. :)

DWAM  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2017 5:55:10 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Sorry if I sounded sarcastic.

It's sometimes difficult to try to help when having to guess the missing information and having the feeling that maybe things are somehow made more complex than they could be.
Quote:
I am new to this and the only way to learn would be to ask questions

No, the only way to learn is to study and experiment.
Asking questions is a way to get your problem solved by somebody else for free.
I gave you directions and good information, the rest is up to you.

Frankly I still haven't understood what your workflow is and why you would need bi-directional audio between vMix and Spreaker (this will create audio loops) on 2 separate computers. And I feel like it's not very clear to you either.

vMix is a live production software for video and audio streaming, Spreaker is an audio only streaming application.
My advice is to create your content in vMix and use it to :
- stream your webcast to the platform of your choice
- pass audio only to Spreaker so that it streams it to spreaker platform
I gave you the solution to this, which is imho the most simple and efficient way to do it with a single computer.

So best wishes to you for this project and sorry again.

Guillaume

GoGo on 5/30/2017(UTC)
IceStream  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, May 31, 2017 7:59:15 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ GoGo

I'll be honest and state that I don't really know anything about Speaker.com, but I did download it and took some time to play with it and vMix briefly...
From what I can tell, there is no direct connection option between vMix and the Speaker.com app, but depending on what options you have available to you on your system, you should be able to use a third party app like "VoiceMeeter" to route your audio from Speaker.com (Output Options) and add it as an Input in vMix. (That's what I did)
I was able to simultaneously record in both programs, audio and sound effects from Speaker.com and my web cam and the aux audio Input in vMix, so I'm pretty sure it's possible to do what you request, but it might not be to your liking.
I am no audio aficionado and I am not sure how each program uses the audio resources available to it; each of them themselves appear to be somewhat straight forward and "intuitive", but combining the two means operating 'blind' (or deaf) to some degree, that is, I had to turn down my "headphone" pot in vMix to not hear myself (and hence the sound effects from Speaker.com). My initial concern was if the audio and video would be in sync, but the recording seemed fine or at least very close and passable.
Now, there may be a better way to route the audio and headset if I had more time to play, but my primary purpose was to see if I could get the "SHOW" from Speaker.com into vMix and record simultaneously, which I did, so again, IT IS POSSIBLE, but you may have to adjust how you do things (if only it were more straight forward and simple, unfortunately, not so much!)

Hope that helps some.

Ice
GoGo  
#10 Posted : Thursday, June 1, 2017 12:25:09 PM(UTC)
GoGo

IceStream wrote:
@ GoGo

I'll be honest and state that I don't really know anything about Speaker.com, but I did download it and took some time to play with it and vMix briefly...
From what I can tell, there is no direct connection option between vMix and the Speaker.com app, but depending on what options you have available to you on your system, you should be able to use a third party app like "VoiceMeeter" to route your audio from Speaker.com (Output Options) and add it as an Input in vMix. (That's what I did)
I was able to simultaneously record in both programs, audio and sound effects from Speaker.com and my web cam and the aux audio Input in vMix, so I'm pretty sure it's possible to do what you request, but it might not be to your liking.
I am no audio aficionado and I am not sure how each program uses the audio resources available to it; each of them themselves appear to be somewhat straight forward and "intuitive", but combining the two means operating 'blind' (or deaf) to some degree, that is, I had to turn down my "headphone" pot in vMix to not hear myself (and hence the sound effects from Speaker.com). My initial concern was if the audio and video would be in sync, but the recording seemed fine or at least very close and passable.
Now, there may be a better way to route the audio and headset if I had more time to play, but my primary purpose was to see if I could get the "SHOW" from Speaker.com into vMix and record simultaneously, which I did, so again, IT IS POSSIBLE, but you may have to adjust how you do things (if only it were more straight forward and simple, unfortunately, not so much!)

Hope that helps some.

Ice

Thank you Ice for the info and you trying out the systems. I had just figured it out, a few minutes before I read your suggestions and you are correct the set up is exactly what I needed to do.
IceStream  
#11 Posted : Thursday, June 1, 2017 1:23:05 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ GoGo

With a little more playing around, I was able to keep the audio from Speaker.com in my headset (minus me), and thus not so "blind"...
The trick was to add my mic as an Input in vMix as well (and turning off the headset icon for it in Speaker.com and turning it down on the vMix Input- Audio Mixer cog wheel->headset potentiometer).
Glad you got it figured out, would love to see and hear the results sometime if you get the chance to share in the "Showcase" thread.

Happy Streaming!

Ice
GoGo  
#12 Posted : Thursday, June 1, 2017 1:58:36 PM(UTC)
GoGo

IceStream wrote:
@ GoGo

With a little more playing around, I was able to keep the audio from Speaker.com in my headset (minus me), and thus not so "blind"...
The trick was to add my mic as an Input in vMix as well (and turning off the headset icon for it in Speaker.com and turning it down on the vMix Input- Audio Mixer cog wheel->headset potentiometer).
Glad you got it figured out, would love to see and hear the results sometime if you get the chance to share in the "Showcase" thread.

Happy Streaming!

Ice

Once again, thank you.... And I will be showing my results soon.