logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Steadirob  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2016 3:27:17 PM(UTC)
Steadirob

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I have been trying to get this web browser input working with audio but until now no luck.
I'm using the basic trial v-mix 18 at this moment and following the tutorial as on the website
does load the video but no sound comes through. The same video plays with sound in a normal browser.
Also other (pre recorded) files with audio are ok in Vmix.
Is this a limitation in the basic / trial version?
sinc747  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2016 6:52:11 PM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 160 post(s)
The Trial Edition of vMix is the Pro Edition ($1,200 US), so you have every feature there is.

Let's check a few things.

1. Is the Audio button in the Web Browser Input green?
2. Is the volume of the video on the website set for maximum?
3. Is the Web Browser Input selected for Output?
4. Is the volume meter in the Web Browser Input green or blue? If blue, you won't hear it.

Good luck!

- Tom
Steadirob  
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2016 12:37:01 AM(UTC)
Steadirob

Hi Tom, thanks for helping, all your points are as they should be, except no.4. audio button green, audio on website on-maximum, selected for output but no indication of any audio input on the volume meter.

At this moment I have 3 sources; 1 Youtube page, 1 tutorial from Vmix and 1 colorbar with 1000Hz tone in a loop (pre-recorded file).
When I select the color bar in preview and then wipe to output, the tone fades in, but when I do the same with the Youtube or Vmix input, no sound.
Those pages have sound in my normal (Chrome) browser.

I have tried the Windows Default Playback Device, the Speakers (Soundblaster ) and the HDMI sound output to my Toshiba TV.
This all works for that colorbar/tone but not for the web browser inputs.
Steadirob  
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2016 8:53:22 AM(UTC)
Steadirob

Additionally, I attached a Sony camcorder via the SDI input ( Decklink quad) and that also gives me normal stereo on the input and the Master, no issues there.
Only the Web Browser input is mute...
admin  
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2016 2:20:05 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Hi,

Because the Web Browser input is using Google Chrome behind the scenes, it is important to make sure
sound in Windows is all working correctly and a valid device is the default sound device before starting windows.

This means on some older sound cards having headphones or speakers plugged in at all times otherwise the soundcard becomes "disabled" and sound no longer works.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
Steadirob  
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2016 8:55:26 PM(UTC)
Steadirob

Hi Martin, I did check that. The same websites are having sound when opened in Chrome, I can do that just next to Vmix. And all the time other sources produce sound as well.
For some reason the sound stream is not available in the Vmix-Web browser only.

If I open a YouTube video with Chrome, I can also play it on my output (hdmi) screen by dragging the frame there and making it full screen. Then I have also sound available and depending on the audio playback setting on my computer screen or via the hdmi output on the big screen.

I can than capture this with a NDI /screen capture but it had again no sound in the recording. And I can not use the Fullscreen output because of instant feedback.
What to do next...?
Steadirob  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 20, 2016 7:57:50 AM(UTC)
Steadirob

Hi Martin, today I installed vMix on a laptop just to see if it works and if I have sound with this web browser input and yes, that works on the laptop! So then I checked all the settings, on every page. They are identical on both computers, but the main computer,, specifically made for video capture has this problem. When I open Volume Mixer-Sound Blaster recon3Di, and click the slider I get a confirmation sound on Speakers and System Sounds, but not on vMix and CefBrowserInstan...

Also sound in the web browser frame is on maximum.
I wonder what I can do next...
File Attachment(s):
IMG_5452.JPG (2,743kb) downloaded 13 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Steadirob  
#8 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2016 11:26:39 PM(UTC)
Steadirob

OK, I decided to give my computer a good update, de-installing old versions of vMix (2012) and other software, increase C:drive in size, delete old 32bit partition and just clean up everything I don't need or have not used in 3 years....
Great for getting a good and clean working computer again!

I also de-installed the latest vMix18 software because I wanted to make sure that nothing is in the way for a new setup.

After that I downloaded vMix18 again and installed it. It came up right away, so the trial key (and perhaps some critical settings?) must have been in a directory somewhere that was not de-installed.

Again I tried to get sound with the web browser input but nope. The sound is OK when using a normal Chrome browser, but while the web-browser input opens 2 mixer inputs in the mixer frame, the sliders are on 100%, but no sound is coming through. When clicking on the sliders there is NO confirmation sound (+ VU reading visible) on the vMix slider and the CefBrowserInstanc.. slider, but the others are OK.

I really need this to work or vMix will not be useful for some future jobs for me....
RichShumaker  
#9 Posted : Friday, March 3, 2017 7:48:42 PM(UTC)
RichShumaker

United States

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Steadirob wrote:

Again I tried to get sound with the web browser input but nope. The sound is OK when using a normal Chrome browser, but while the web-browser input opens 2 mixer inputs in the mixer frame, the sliders are on 100%, but no sound is coming through. When clicking on the sliders there is NO confirmation sound (+ VU reading visible) on the vMix slider and the CefBrowserInstanc.. slider, but the others are OK.

I really need this to work or vMix will not be useful for some future jobs for me....

Did you have any luck?
I use Virtual Cables to get over this issue.
I send my audio on my PC to Virtual Cables instead of any other input like the built in Realtek Speakers.

Then in vMix I use audio input for Virtual Cables.
I use Desktop Capture and grab my browser window.
The video and audio are separate but they work and you can re-sync if you need too inside vMix.
Yes Virtual Cables costs money and No I don't get paid by them to say anything about them.

NOW I did this before NDI existed. So when NDI came around I found out that I could NDI my desktop and the audio came through.
I don't use this method as much and I am sure that paying money made me want that way to be better even if it might not.

Would love to hear how you made out and if you have any questions on my set up let me know I could make a video using some software I have laying around, heheh.

Rich Shumaker
Steadirob  
#10 Posted : Saturday, March 4, 2017 3:38:51 AM(UTC)
Steadirob

Update on this issue: I don't really know what happened but suddenly it worked.... I un-installed a lot of useless and obsolete software from this computer, which required several reboots and suddenly, the sound functionality was restored.
That was good of course, unfortunately I have not made any good use of the program after that, unfortunately....

regards,
Rob
Aahz  
#11 Posted : Monday, May 29, 2017 5:54:33 PM(UTC)
Aahz

All i did to solve this issue, simply plugged in a jack, for example headphones, browser input sound appeared instantly. No idea why is that so.

Note: I'm on bootcamp win 8, macbook pro (2015)