logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

64 Pages«<1718192021>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DWAM  
#361 Posted : Thursday, May 11, 2017 11:12:39 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Groups: Registered
Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Quote:
Every penalty in my project is one special input.

Yeah, this is not the best method because we don't have enough overlays to handle this as you stated.

So as IceStream suggested one solution is to use multiviews. Sure!

I prefer to manage it directly in the xaml title. So here's another solution.

The idea is to create a single XAML title with all possible graphics and text areas for the scorebug.
Then using SetText and SetImageNative, it's possible to hide or show each and every part of it.
As an example for this you can watch this demo video: Howto control a dynamic scorebug with vMixUTC

In this demo I use a graphic called "scorebug-xtra.png" associated with a text area that is shown or hidden on demand.
For you it could be the same principle, making 2 or 3 elements for penalties for each team.
Quote:
I setup Start timer, and pause timer, but my Pause timer cannot start timer from paused period. If I pause on 12:40 for example, I cannot start timer with pause shortcut, only with start button

You are definitely doing something wrong here. If you do exactly like me in the video it works perfectly.

I just retried with the latest version, it works perfectly. Here's a method:

- create a timer widget, call it "Period Timer" and set it for 30 minutes reverse
- tick the pause option and write down "Timeout" in the link area (you can also use a (midi) shortcut for this)

- create a 2nd timer widget, call it "Penalty Home 1" and set it for 2 minutes reverse
- tick the pause option and write down "Timeout" in the link area

- start them both

- now create a Button widget, call it "Timeout Toggle"
- add an internal script, select ExecLink and write down "Timeout" without the quotes in the link area

That's it.
Press this button > both timers pause
Press it again > both timers restart
Siroki  
#362 Posted : Friday, May 12, 2017 3:55:00 AM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 24 post(s)
DWAM wrote:
Quote:
Every penalty in my project is one special input.

Yeah, this is not the best method because we don't have enough overlays to handle this as you stated.

So as IceStream suggested one solution is to use multiviews. Sure!

I prefer to manage it directly in the xaml title. So here's another solution.

The idea is to create a single XAML title with all possible graphics and text areas for the scorebug.
Then using SetText and SetImageNative, it's possible to hide or show each and every part of it.
As an example for this you can watch this demo video: Howto control a dynamic scorebug with vMixUTC

In this demo I use a graphic called "scorebug-xtra.png" associated with a text area that is shown or hidden on demand.
For you it could be the same principle, making 2 or 3 elements for penalties for each team.
Quote:
I setup Start timer, and pause timer, but my Pause timer cannot start timer from paused period. If I pause on 12:40 for example, I cannot start timer with pause shortcut, only with start button

You are definitely doing something wrong here. If you do exactly like me in the video it works perfectly.

I just retried with the latest version, it works perfectly. Here's a method:

- create a timer widget, call it "Period Timer" and set it for 30 minutes reverse
- tick the pause option and write down "Timeout" in the link area (you can also use a (midi) shortcut for this)

- create a 2nd timer widget, call it "Penalty Home 1" and set it for 2 minutes reverse
- tick the pause option and write down "Timeout" in the link area

- start them both

- now create a Button widget, call it "Timeout Toggle"
- add an internal script, select ExecLink and write down "Timeout" without the quotes in the link area

That's it.
Press this button > both timers pause
Press it again > both timers restart

Thank you guys
Now you see what was my problem with 2min suspension. I will maybe try that some other time. I made handball game yesterday and everything was great. Just didn't put 2min suspension. Lucky because it was our first time to do handball live so it would be hard to catch eveything because I switch cameras, overlay graphics, control timer :) Other time we will have one special guy/crew member that will do only graphics and timer so he can manage 2min suspension :)

@Ice
multiview could be solution for me because I don't have cameras. I only have one output ->greenscreen because I am using vMix only to output graphics so my 2min suspension on that output would always be visible, no matter what camera is on. I control cameras over ATEM 1/ME

thx
corporatejames  
#363 Posted : Thursday, May 18, 2017 7:16:07 AM(UTC)
corporatejames

Man
Australia

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 62 post(s)
@elgarf just checking if you could add a option to add a bigger timer widget
the time and up / down buttons to edit can be a little small when I have a lot of other controls setup
So if you could make 3 or more sizes of timer widget or able to resize it?
elgarf  
#364 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 3:22:22 AM(UTC)
elgarf

Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 224 time(s) in 129 post(s)
@corporatejames, I think, I can make individual widget scaling. It will take some time.
thanks 1 user thanked elgarf for this useful post.
corporatejames on 5/19/2017(UTC)
elgarf  
#365 Posted : Monday, May 29, 2017 11:37:27 AM(UTC)
elgarf

Man
Russian Federation

New version in the first post.

Meet widget-wide scaling & conditions (which should be described more detail).
corporatejames on 7/21/2017(UTC)
corporatejames  
#366 Posted : Saturday, June 17, 2017 7:21:01 PM(UTC)
corporatejames

Man
Australia

Just checking are the any updates to the ndi monitor dll from original post? Just to see if any improvement eg performance etc. Working fine but would be recommended to keep up to date with latest ndi patches.
RandomStreamer  
#367 Posted : Friday, July 14, 2017 2:13:13 PM(UTC)
RandomStreamer

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hey guys,

firstly, sorry if I ask something obvious, but would UTC do one of the following?

1. Allow me to change / add an input source remotely (eg. switch a video while keeping the same input number / shortcut)

2. Allow me to use my AKAI APC for remote shortcuts including led configuration (I currently use one color for active / preview, another color for live, etc)

thanks,
RS
DWAM  
#368 Posted : Friday, July 14, 2017 2:41:36 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

1. yes
2. UTC supports midi controller but your request is not very logical. Why would you use the AKAI plugged to UTC (which does not support activators btw) instead of vMix directly? UTC is a controller in itself. Switching vMix inputs with midi thru UTC is just more complex but useless.

Check the examples and tutorials I did for UTC, you will find more information about UTC
https://forums.vmix.com/....aspx?g=posts&t=9393
RandomStreamer  
#369 Posted : Friday, July 14, 2017 5:01:31 PM(UTC)
RandomStreamer

DWAM wrote:
1. yes
2. UTC supports midi controller but your request is not very logical. Why would you use the AKAI plugged to UTC (which does not support activators btw) instead of vMix directly? UTC is a controller in itself. Switching vMix inputs with midi thru UTC is just more complex but useless.

Check the examples and tutorials I did for UTC, you will find more information about UTC
https://forums.vmix.com/....aspx?g=posts&t=9393

You're right, it doesnt make sense to have the controller elsewhere if I can swap the inputs remotely.

My real case scenario is: the guy who cuts the scenes doesn't touch vmix, and the technician sometimes has to stop by the vmix machine to change some video paths (assuming only PNG can be updated on the fly).

Being more specific on option 1, lets say I have input 10 the file c:/video.mp4, and I want to change it to c:/video2.mp4.

How can I do that?

Thanks,

RS
DWAM  
#370 Posted : Friday, July 14, 2017 6:44:28 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Quote:
Being more specific on option 1, lets say I have input 10 the file c:/video.mp4, and I want to change it to c:/video2.mp4.

There are many ways to do this depending on how you set vMix initially.
This is not really UTC related.

You could use "list" input (it can be input 10 if you want) and have all your videos in this list. Then just use command NextItem or PreviousItem.
This can be done with Shortcuts in vMix. It can also be done in UTC using Button Widgets.

UTC is an interface for vMix commands.
Check this : http://www.vmix.com/help...utFunctionReference.html

I feel like you're not familar with shortcuts. Maybe you should start learning about it. Then you will understand the power of UTC
RandomStreamer  
#371 Posted : Saturday, July 15, 2017 3:04:07 PM(UTC)
RandomStreamer

DWAM wrote:
Quote:

There are many ways to do this depending on how you set vMix initially.
This is not really UTC related.

You could use "list" input (it can be input 10 if you want) and have all your videos in this list. Then just use command NextItem or PreviousItem.
This can be done with Shortcuts in vMix. It can also be done in UTC using Button Widgets.

UTC is an interface for vMix commands.
Check this : http://www.vmix.com/help...utFunctionReference.html

I feel like you're not familar with shortcuts. Maybe you should start learning about it. Then you will understand the power of UTC

DWAM, thanks for helping me understand.

I do know how to work with shortcuts, I just failed to provide you with an important detail:

These videos I need to change while Live are encoded during the transmission. I'll give you an example: I'm broadcasting a soccer game, and before the game ends, we create an animated video featuring one player's statistics. For this reason I can't plan beforehand with a list like you suggested. Only if it was possible to change videos realtime, like you can with PNG's.

My problem is, I dont want my tech guy going around the scene cut guy while he's doing that, it causes distraction.

Do you have any idea on what can I do about it, and if UTC will help me with that? (The reason I thought about UTC was because I can put my tech guy in a separate PC just changing the assets remotely, as needed)

thanks,
RS
DWAM  
#372 Posted : Saturday, July 15, 2017 3:19:48 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Just check the AddInput command
JAIRODJ  
#373 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 9:23:23 AM(UTC)
JAIRODJ

Man

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello, I want to comment that what has happened with VTC.
I made the following programming
A) Send text to graphic xaml and activation of overlay (Name Exec link - ZJ)
1.- SetTextNative Sending text (ZONA JUVENIL) to Headline
2.- OverlayInputIn to overlay 2

B) Run Exce Link - ZJ
1.- Clock 10:00:00, 11:00:00, etc.

But it does not activate at the time set, or unexpectedly closes VTC.
I do not know if it is something of the programming or is that VTC has the gun type of error.
elgarf  
#374 Posted : Friday, July 28, 2017 7:36:32 AM(UTC)
elgarf

Man
Russian Federation

Pff... There was long break in maintaining this thread.

@corporatejames, I've fixed bug with VLC input and updated NDI libraries.
@JAIRODJ, if UTC crashes, send me log, please.

First post
corporatejames on 7/29/2017(UTC)
corporatejames  
#375 Posted : Saturday, July 29, 2017 7:03:28 AM(UTC)
corporatejames

Man
Australia

elgarf wrote:
Pff... There was long break in maintaining this thread.

@corporatejames, I've fixed bug with VLC input and updated NDI libraries.
@JAIRODJ, if UTC crashes, send me log, please.

First post

Excellent @Elgarf thanks updating the NDI and resolving the bug I will test over the weekend
Cheers
corporatejames  
#376 Posted : Saturday, July 29, 2017 9:02:24 AM(UTC)
corporatejames

Man
Australia

I had a crash with latest update. I will get the log asap.
I have rolled back to previous versions.

The latest version of the NDI monitor dll is not working and how come it shows the ndi monitor dll modified data as 26/06/2016?
I don't think it updated the dll correctly for the NDI, Old version has same modified date and works normally.

Update:
After further testing its looks like the UTC crash was from the new NDI monitor dll (so current update UTC Exe that you fixed the VLC conflict issue seems fine with old ndi.dll)

I have not tested the exe with vlc stream yet, keep you posted. So you just need to check the NDI dll atm.
JAIRODJ  
#377 Posted : Wednesday, August 2, 2017 12:41:10 PM(UTC)
JAIRODJ

Man

Hi,
First clarify that I speak Spanish and the texts I enter in VTC is in Spanish.

Now referring to the error that closed VTC, apparently a word generated the error that closed VTC, (in Spanish is "COMPARTIENDO" = "SHARING"), when setText placed "COMPARTIENDO" to be written in the headline of the chart, this made VTC It will close, since now I have changed it and VTC works well.

Order.
Please, I would like to ask if it is possible to add to the clock the option of the days on which I wish to be activated.
I explain my situation: I am using timed charts with the clock, but only need to be activated from Monday to Friday which is a programming. Saturday and Sunday at other times

Below I leave the template of my VTC project so that they can analyze it
1- Template with error
2- Template ok + request add days

Thank you for your help and other congratulations for this tool that helps me a lot with vMix.

PROYECT
Joeboe  
#378 Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 11:24:04 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
How do I keep UTC on top at all times?.....I want to be able to see it at all times in order to use the controls I set up, but every time I go back to vMix, UTC goes to the back, and I have to click on the task bar to access it again.....This is really slowing me down in live productions, and defeats the true potential of this app.....I can easily adjust the vMix window and set it alongside, but I have some small setups with just about 2 or 3 buttons, and that would be a waste of desktop space....
JAIRODJ  
#379 Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 1:13:34 PM(UTC)
JAIRODJ

Man

Joeboe wrote:
How do I keep UTC on top at all times?.....I want to be able to see it at all times in order to use the controls I set up, but every time I go back to vMix, UTC goes to the back, and I have to click on the task bar to access it again.....This is really slowing me down in live productions, and defeats the true potential of this app.....I can easily adjust the vMix window and set it alongside, but I have some small setups with just about 2 or 3 buttons, and that would be a waste of desktop space....

Friend is simple .. look below the application and you find the "IS TOPMOST" option, activate it and this is the sale always on top of everything.
JAIRODJ  
#380 Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 1:15:14 PM(UTC)
JAIRODJ

Man

Joeboe wrote:

Friend is simple .. look below the application and you find the "IS TOPMOST" option, activate it and this is the sale always on top of everything.