logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cormac  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 28, 2017 4:52:26 PM(UTC)
Cormac

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi I saw that people had been discussing it ages ago but I don't know if anybody ever found a solution?

Regards cormac
Cormac  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 31, 2017 9:03:52 PM(UTC)
Cormac

Hi
I thought I'd report back .
I've got it to work so far by using justmacros to change the input of the atem and map this to 12 different keys (for preview and cut) using justmacros.

I've then mapped the same 12 keys in vmix to always cut to the atem camera ingest into vmix ( coming in on a decklink sdi in )
So far it seems to work .
I have justmacros open in the background
plus the atem switching software and macroworks 3.1

It works even when they are not the focused window.

I don't know how stable this is , but I'll test it to check for conflicts
and hope someone tells me if I'm making an obvious mistake.

What I am getting at the moment is exactly what I had hoped for .

The atem 6 camera inputs come up with individual button button presses on 123456 on the xkeys( vmix also switches automatically to the atem ) and then all my vmix vids , cams stingers etc come after.

I
Cormac  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 1, 2017 6:25:01 AM(UTC)
Cormac

Obviously there is a kind if a limitation .The way I currently have it set up I can only preview an atem source in vmix if a non atem source is live.
There is a work around though .
You can bring the multiview in to vmix also on a separate SDI, hdmi or ndi input (connecting it to a separate computer. If needs be )
Then zoom in on each camera and make virtual inputs for each one .
Next Create separate shortcuts for preview buttons on the xkeys which will cut the proper output (If you want a preview to output function ) rather than the zoomed in versions .

I really like this as it will hopefully make the Atem and vmix switching all pretty seamless . It would be even better on a 1me as I think you can put the preview pane out of an aux .

DWAM  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 1, 2017 6:58:03 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Hi Cormac

I have worked a lot with ATEM and vMix. I had on laptop for vMix with 2 or 3 monitors + 1 laptop for the ATEM with 1 monitor for Multiview.
My solution to control everything from a single computer was to use Synergy (a virtual KVM)
Then from the vMix laptop I used both the mouse and the keyboard to control vMix and when my mouse was moved to the ATEM laptop screen, then I could use the keyboard numpad keys on vMix host to switch the ATEM.
The thing with Synergy is to control 2 computers from a single keyboard and mouse.

It worked very well, just a habit to take. Btw I finally decided to move everything to vMix with multi input capture cards in order to be able to use multiple cam inputs at the same time, just just can't be done when using the ATEM.

My 2 cts
Guillaume
Cormac  
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 1, 2017 7:40:22 AM(UTC)
Cormac

I know it is more to get used to Guillaume but I also have not decided to go for a pcie multi input capture card or a more portable solution.
This allows me to integrate the atem much more into my current setup . It would also be useful for less powerful laptops and I still love that the atem takes a mixture of SDI and hdmi .
Thanks
Cormac