logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kgoodyer  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 9, 2016 2:06:25 PM(UTC)
kgoodyer

Groups: Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Currently to start a FaceBook live stream you have to go into the stream settings dialogue and set things up, this is not always convenient during a live production, as all of a sudden you cant switch anything on VMIX. Facebook Live is designed for relatively short clips (90 mins max). I need to trigger several FaceBook live streams in each production - our shows are 8 hours long, and I may want to stream live on face book 3 or 4 times during the production. At the moment you have to set everything up each time you want to start a new Facebook Live Stream. This is not convenient when your in the middle of a live TV show. This is not an issue with any other stream provider as the stream key is always constant, and doesn't need to be reset every time you set up a new stream.

It would be nice if..... Facebook Live streaming was more accessible from the API, being able to set....

1. The Title
2. The Description
3. A Streaming Duration (in seconds - Max 5400 for facebook)

...and then do the facebook negotiation / stream key setup once streaming when StartStreaming button is triggerd.

The other parameters can be static, as it is unlikely anybody would want to Change Account, Location, or Privacy once set in the dialog

Here is an example of how I would see it working.

/api/?Function=FacebookTitle&Value=This is a Facebook Live Stream
/api/?Function=FaceBookDescription&Value="This is the long description that will appear in your facebook post
/api/?Function=StartStreaming&Value=5400

All The Best

Keith
thanks 1 user thanked kgoodyer for this useful post.
00vit on 8/25/2016(UTC)
simonwhill  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 11:38:34 AM(UTC)
simonwhill

Groups: Registered

HI,

Can i second this, this is something that i would find very useful, i would love to be able to add the Facebook live info remotely.

I cam across this post as the second hit on google whilst searching for "vmix api facebook" so clearly its been searched many times in the past

Is this likely to be implemented?

Regards

Simon