logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cormac  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 1, 2017 10:42:40 AM(UTC)
Cormac

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I've been building up a livestream vmix system in my recording studio for quite some time now and I'm at the stage where I want to get a bit more advanced in the lighting we use.

the main purpose of the live streams we want to do are performances from musicians,artists to help promote their music and then interviews from guests maybe seated the other end of the room .

These are the rooms .

http://www.redboxrecording.com/facilities/gallery/

The main room we use is the one with the piano.But as I've wired the entire building with 4 cat6 lines to every room I hope to use multiple performance spaces in the building eventually making full use of NDI.

I'd like to be able to have one area of the room brightly lit and another area dark rather than just pouring white light all around as we do presently.A more arty approach with different zones.

I've been using softboxes and dslr Led lights until now but I've just bought some artnet gear and led batons, ribbon rgb strips that I can control remotely for effects, wall washes and background colour.

I'm a professional sound engineer but a relative novice to lighting. I know that getting flicker free led lights to work with video is a concern without spending big bucks.

I'm wondering if anybody has any advice on reasonably priced dmx led par cans with Barn doors etc that I could use to build differing lighting states in various spots, without breaking the bank.
Or if people could relay their experiences using LED lighting with VMIX ( on a budget)that would be really interesting.

Also I'm going to be controlling the artnet equipment through resolume and doing a bit of projection mapping onto a polystyrene set which will sync with the artnet lighting.
Could lighting states in resolume or another software lighting controller be cued from midi messages sent from vmix?

Regards
Cormac
mmmorlandotv  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 11, 2017 4:25:46 PM(UTC)
mmmorlandotv

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Cormac wrote:
I've been building up a livestream vmix system in my recording studio for quite some time now and I'm at the stage where I want to get a bit more advanced in the lighting we use.

the main purpose of the live streams we want to do are performances from musicians,artists to help promote their music and then interviews from guests maybe seated the other end of the room .

These are the rooms .

http://www.redboxrecording.com/facilities/gallery/

The main room we use is the one with the piano.But as I've wired the entire building with 4 cat6 lines to every room I hope to use multiple performance spaces in the building eventually making full use of NDI.

I'd like to be able to have one area of the room brightly lit and another area dark rather than just pouring white light all around as we do presently.A more arty approach with different zones.

I've been using softboxes and dslr Led lights until now but I've just bought some artnet gear and led batons, ribbon rgb strips that I can control remotely for effects, wall washes and background colour.

I'm a professional sound engineer but a relative novice to lighting. I know that getting flicker free led lights to work with video is a concern without spending big bucks.

I'm wondering if anybody has any advice on reasonably priced dmx led par cans with Barn doors etc that I could use to build differing lighting states in various spots, without breaking the bank.
Or if people could relay their experiences using LED lighting with VMIX ( on a budget)that would be really interesting.

Also I'm going to be controlling the artnet equipment through resolume and doing a bit of projection mapping onto a polystyrene set which will sync with the artnet lighting.
Could lighting states in resolume or another software lighting controller be cued from midi messages sent from vmix?

Regards
Cormac

Not sure if I'm helping even the slightest here but at my church we have Phillips Hue flood lights on tracks that light up the altar. I control these lights using the app. I create "rooms" or "scenes" that I can switch back and forth using 1 bulb or multiple bulbs and the entire color spectrum. Theyre not the brightest (600-800 lumens if I remember correctly) but we have 9 of them and they make a huge difference even with all of the other lights turned on.

My Pastor is pretty pale and her hair is white as snow. So we use the lights to give her some color.