logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gkbroadcast  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2017 10:26:36 AM(UTC)
gkbroadcast

Groups: Registered

Hi Community, hi vMix Team,

we have a setup with a single PTZ Camera from PTZOptics. We are currently using vMix 18.

We have saved 3 presets with our PTZ camera.
1. Wide Angle showing both speakers
2. closeup on the left speaker
3. closeup on the right speaker

If we have the preset 1 in the live output window and selecting the preset 2 in the preview, the camera starts moving toward this position.

Is there a chance that the camera is not moving to the new position until we select the specific preset as live output?

In the lower section in vmix showing all our presets there are dummy pictures for all positions until they are selected and live.
It would be nice to show this dummy picture also in the preview window until switching it to the live output.

With this minimalistic setup it would be very easy for one person to mix the show and keep the equipment footprint small.

Any answer would be very helpful.

Thanks.
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2017 11:33:10 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ gkbroadcast

Welcome to the forum!
I'm not sure I fully understand your setup but I think in your situation, you are best to just "switch" the camera angle straight to Program Output as opposed to setting it up in Preview first. Unless you have another camera to switch to, I see no validity in sending the preset to Preview (which by proper protocol will move the camera angle to that preset).
I agree having "dummy" images on the Input screen would be beneficial but I am not sure how possible it is for that although there have been similar "Feature Requests" made in the past.

Ice
gkbroadcast  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 8:59:08 AM(UTC)
gkbroadcast

You are right.
We can do this by just switching to the live output by using the "cut" button.

But we would like to prevent the case that the operator assigns one of the new positions/views to the preview by accident. And then the camera starts moving in the live output.

SpelingMistakes  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 5:07:25 AM(UTC)
SpelingMistakes

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Maybe this is not on topic but i will try to explain

Isn’t adding another one source with whatever you want picture answer for you in case up to beginning of “work”? Regarding moving camera that is totally another question

Is that camera have ability to do dual stream – If that is possible, than you can use first stream in best quality and second stream for only part of it which will allow you to move that part of screen from one to another one object of interest don’t touching camera at all
IceStream  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 10:43:56 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ gkbroadcast

Perhaps the issue is more about how to avoid that "accident" from happening...
The default "left click" action is to send the Input to Preview, but you can change that in the settings for each Input (cog wheel -> General -> upper right: Mouse Click Action).
Otherwise, how is your operator "accidentally assigning" an Input to Preview?

Ice
thanks 1 user thanked IceStream for this useful post.
stigaard on 2/24/2017(UTC)
sinc747  
#6 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 12:05:27 PM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 160 post(s)
I have a PTZ Optics camera that I use at my church. In fact, it is the only camera in use. I have made about 10 preset camera shots, each as its own Input. Any action in vMix, such as sending an Input to Preview or sending an Input to Output, causes the camera to move to that preset location.

It can be a little confusing as well because the specific Input that is displayed in the Output window may not actually show the camera video for that input. Causing an Input to be sent to Preview also causes the camera to move to that Input's preset location.

In short, in a one-camera production (PTZ Optics camera), the Preview and Output windows don't really mean anything. The video from each camera's preset will show in Output when that camera's preset is sent to Preview.

@SpelingMistakes - In this case, the camera actually physically moves and the zoom & focus adjust accordingly, so the camera shot from Stream1 would show the same images as the camera shot from Stream2. The act of sending a particular vMix Input (of a preset camera shot) to Preview invokes the camera movement.

Hope this is helpful.

- Tom
SpelingMistakes  
#7 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 5:18:12 PM(UTC)
SpelingMistakes

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
My suggestion can be used if camera doesn’t move too much – If you use it moving around across all church (i mean rotating it) than this is not suitable!

Sorry
Bandit62  
#8 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 8:14:31 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

like sinc747 said, I would make presets for each camera position, but I would use the keyboard short cut keys to switch directly to that input, rather than going to preview, as preview would cause the camera to move...."A-L" is a straight cut to output, "Z-M" is fade to output...with the letters corresponding to the inputs, from left to right...
peterpan  
#9 Posted : Friday, March 3, 2017 3:58:51 AM(UTC)
peterpan

I also would like the dummy-picture to show up, so if Vmix just could take a small snapshot of the input and place it in the dummy picture
it would help a lot.

gkbroadcast wrote:
Hi Community, hi vMix Team,

we have a setup with a single PTZ Camera from PTZOptics. We are currently using vMix 18.

We have saved 3 presets with our PTZ camera.
1. Wide Angle showing both speakers
2. closeup on the left speaker
3. closeup on the right speaker

If we have the preset 1 in the live output window and selecting the preset 2 in the preview, the camera starts moving toward this position.

Is there a chance that the camera is not moving to the new position until we select the specific preset as live output?

In the lower section in vmix showing all our presets there are dummy pictures for all positions until they are selected and live.
It would be nice to show this dummy picture also in the preview window until switching it to the live output.

With this minimalistic setup it would be very easy for one person to mix the show and keep the equipment footprint small.

Any answer would be very helpful.

Thanks.