logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mark Staib  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2017 8:55:43 AM(UTC)
Mark Staib

Groups: Registered

Does Vmix Replay Allow Control From A Contour ShuttleXpress?
lynnroth  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 26, 2017 10:39:18 PM(UTC)
lynnroth

Yes. I just plugged in my Contour Shuttle Express, configured settings in the Shuttle Configuration and was able to assign shortcuts in vMix (v19).

yo1984  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 5:58:09 AM(UTC)
yo1984

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
How , i couldnt get it to work.
Argo82  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2018 8:36:12 AM(UTC)
Argo82

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
In case this has not been resolved, here is what I did to get the ShuttleExpress working for me.

To get the buttons to work, I mapped shortcuts to regular keyboard buttons, then mapped the keyboard shortcuts in the Contour settings program that came with the driver (https://www.contourdesign.com/)

For the jog and shuttle, vMix uses the mouse scroll wheel and key combinations. In the Contour software, I mapped a "Mouse Wheel" event with the appropriate jog and shuttle actions. The following is taken from the vMix User Guide (Instant Replay/Controller Options Section).

"The mouse scroll wheel can be used at any time in the following ways:

With Shift key pressed: Slow down or speed up playback (SHIFT + SCROLL UP / DOWN)

With Ctrl key pressed: Move backwards or forwards one frame at a time. (CTRL + SCROLL UP / DOWN)

With Alt key pressed: Move backwards or forwards one second at a time." (ALT + SCROLL UP / DOWN)

The one issue I had however, which was probably linked to the mouse action, was that I had to have the main vMix window in focus, and not the Instant Replay page, which we have on another monitor. I notice I have to do this with the mouse as well. The shuttle that I had on loan from a friend was faulty so I never used it on an actual production. Because of this, some shortcut mappings may have to be tweaked to a bit.

K16pro  
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 8, 2018 9:22:45 AM(UTC)
K16pro

Originally Posted by: Argo82 Go to Quoted Post
In case this has not been resolved, here is what I did to get the ShuttleExpress working for me.

To get the buttons to work, I mapped shortcuts to regular keyboard buttons, then mapped the keyboard shortcuts in the Contour settings program that came with the driver (https://www.contourdesign.com/)

For the jog and shuttle, vMix uses the mouse scroll wheel and key combinations. In the Contour software, I mapped a "Mouse Wheel" event with the appropriate jog and shuttle actions. The following is taken from the vMix User Guide (Instant Replay/Controller Options Section).

"The mouse scroll wheel can be used at any time in the following ways:

With Shift key pressed: Slow down or speed up playback (SHIFT + SCROLL UP / DOWN)

With Ctrl key pressed: Move backwards or forwards one frame at a time. (CTRL + SCROLL UP / DOWN)

With Alt key pressed: Move backwards or forwards one second at a time." (ALT + SCROLL UP / DOWN)

The one issue I had however, which was probably linked to the mouse action, was that I had to have the main vMix window in focus, and not the Instant Replay page, which we have on another monitor. I notice I have to do this with the mouse as well. The shuttle that I had on loan from a friend was faulty so I never used it on an actual production. Because of this, some shortcut mappings may have to be tweaked to a bit.

Hi there! ShuttleExpress user here and I've been still hitting the issue of mapping this on countour's side. Would it be possible to share the config file that you have on the Shuttle software? I would seriously appreciate it as I was unsuccessful with mapping each interval on the ShuttleExpress.