logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ovinas  
#21 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2015 2:35:49 PM(UTC)
ovinas

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 49 post(s)
My download works fine in vMix. As IceStream mentioned it coulb be a problem of the download service or software.
Please open the file with VLC, go to Tools --> Codec information and post a screenshot.
navee  
#22 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2015 5:15:17 PM(UTC)
navee

i used the internet downloader "filsh" but i tried also another video file which was on my desktop, but its also not working.

What could be the problem cause images and sound works, hope to get a solution.

thank you for your help.
IceStream  
#23 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2015 8:03:47 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ navee

Do you have any videos (any format) that play correctly in vMix?
Have you tried making your own .mp4 recording with vMix (camera or slide show with audio) and does it play back correctly?

Sounds to me like you are missing or have a bad a decoder file of some sort on your system if all your mp4's are not able to play on vMix.

Ice
navee  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2015 12:44:49 PM(UTC)
navee

here is the mp4 codec information : codecs

i also tried other videos, but they are also not working.

Is there any solution, please?
vijay6672  
#25 Posted : Saturday, October 17, 2015 12:18:37 PM(UTC)
vijay6672

Man
India

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Install/Update Visual C++ Redistributable Packages solves the issue.
Matu  
#26 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2017 3:13:49 PM(UTC)
Matu

Was a solution found to this problem?
I have just installed vmix18. Audio and still photos are playing fine, the videos just display a black screen. I have tried the sugestions provided here but no chages yet. Kindly assist.
rene  
#27 Posted : Sunday, May 19, 2019 9:35:19 PM(UTC)
rene

Philippines

Hi Guys.. I also experienced the same situation here..The video that I'm playing wasnt working. The video just went blank but the sound plays.
Only the sound plays but no video. Is there any solution to this. pls reply
hami  
#28 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 4:19:28 AM(UTC)
hami

Australia

Originally Posted by: rene Go to Quoted Post
Hi Guys.. I also experienced the same situation here..The video that I'm playing wasnt working. The video just went blank but the sound plays.

Hi, I have this problem too, did you find a solution؟
hami  
#29 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 4:21:00 AM(UTC)
hami

Australia

Hi, I have this problem too, did you find a solution
doggy  
#30 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 4:29:24 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Originally Posted by: hami Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: rene Go to Quoted Post

Hi, I have this problem too, did you find a solution؟

Turn on the light and go Here , maybe one of the results might give you the answer ?

as you didn't give much information to go on

RobSealey  
#31 Posted : Thursday, March 18, 2021 7:54:03 AM(UTC)
RobSealey

United Kingdom

I know this thread is quite old, but I recently came across this problem and I think I have an idea why it happens, but I can't check until tomorrow when I get back to the machine (I only thought what the problem might be whilst sat at home tonight) - I created inputs for 18 short (20 second) video files and only the first 5 play correctly - the others all show as black screen although the audio seems to work fine. If I create a single video list input with all 15 videos, they all play correctly in sequence as you would expect with both video and audio.

I also have a large video file running on the machine at the same time (approximately 2.7Gb) and I have a feeling that the problem might be memory related, but I won't know until I go in tomorrow and close the LARGE video input to see if that cures the problem - I'll post an update as soon as I find out.

The machine is running a 10th gen I7 processor with 32Gb RAM, SSD with over 60GB free space and an Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 with 6GB GDDR6.
RobSealey  
#32 Posted : Thursday, March 18, 2021 6:37:58 PM(UTC)
RobSealey

United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: RobSealey Go to Quoted Post
I know this thread is quite old, but I recently came across this problem and I think I have an idea why it happens, but I can't check until tomorrow when I get back to the machine (I only thought what the problem might be whilst sat at home tonight) - I created inputs for 18 short (20 second) video files and only the first 5 play correctly - the others all show as black screen although the audio seems to work fine. If I create a single video list input with all 15 videos, they all play correctly in sequence as you would expect with both video and audio.

I also have a large video file running on the machine at the same time (approximately 2.7Gb) and I have a feeling that the problem might be memory related, but I won't know until I go in tomorrow and close the LARGE video input to see if that cures the problem - I'll post an update as soon as I find out.

The machine is running a 10th gen I7 processor with 32Gb RAM, SSD with over 60GB free space and an Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 with 6GB GDDR6.

So I tried replacing that "LARGE" VT with a really small one, and it made no difference, so I now DON'T believe it's a memory thing.
BUT
I tried REMOVING that video, and one of the one's that previously didn't work now does. I've tried this on a few other videos and it almost seems there is a hard limit somewhere on the number of videos that can be loaded - in my case it seems to be 18 videos - has anyone else had this problem?

I'm going to raise it as a potential issue, but I'm assuming others would have seen this problem before now if it were a thing?