logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mark  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2017 9:28:28 AM(UTC)
mark

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi Guys
Reasonably familiar with title editor etc

But odes anyone have any idea about the best way to go about setting a final match type score board with top 10 athletes in a list
pulled from a excel spread sheet
So that all 10 show on a page with times etc also on the page

Rather than scrolling through the list if that makes sense.

Ideally then you could update the top 10 on the list and put the whole list up at once.

thanks for any feedback
DWAM  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2017 9:59:04 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Hi

I'm not sure this can be done with vMix only. But I would use vMix UTC to design such a layout.

Simply design a xaml title with your table layout for 10 first rows.
You will also need to convert your excel file to XML. Check Export XML data in google to learn how to do it. (at least for vMixUTC, vMix can use excel as a datasource)

Then you can use data source to your XML to fill in the text areas for "page 1".
Then create a function button using the API commands for datasource to learn how to go to "page 2" from your data source (next 10 rows) and so on.

Maybe there is a vMix only method to do it. I will try...
Jimmy-DTG  
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2017 12:29:34 PM(UTC)
Jimmy-DTG

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You can do it with only vMix, but you need to think of each row in the spreadsheet as a "page" as if you were paging 10 at a time through say 50 names. So to do that you would have columns named Athlete1, Athlete2, Athlete3 and so on. So the whole first row will have all 10 athletes as columns. Then if you wanted a top 20 list, you'd have a second row with 10 more athletes, still under the labels Athlete1, Athlete2, etc. If you need other fields you can have Place1, Athlete1, Place2, Athlete2, etc. as your column names.

If you will always display the top 10 and you don't need anything other than a single field, then you could put them in a column and check the "Convert columns to rows" box in the datasource manager and it will do exactly as I've described above.