logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cacooley  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2017 6:57:30 PM(UTC)
cacooley

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
It would be nice to have a "confirm button" that you want to stream. I have accidentally hit the stream button a few times when I was going into the setting icon to check to make sure FB was set properly. It starts to stream and then you have to quit and reset the parameters for FB.
DWAM  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2017 3:22:10 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Come on! Are you kidding?

With those wanting a prompt on exit to remind them to save preset, what's the next step? A prompt when you hit an input "Are you sure you want to preview this input?" then "are you really sure?"

Live switching requires attention, focus and self-control from the operator. I did mistakes too and certainly it will happen again. But I did not say to myself "oh the software should do that for me". I said to myself I should get better! And that's the only way to get better!

No offense, just my point of view...
Guillaume

thanks 4 users thanked DWAM for this useful post.
stigaard on 2/14/2017(UTC), doggy on 2/14/2017(UTC), corporatejames on 2/14/2017(UTC), al4video on 2/15/2017(UTC)
cacooley  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2017 11:06:07 AM(UTC)
cacooley

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
DWAM wrote:
Come on! Are you kidding?

With those wanting a prompt on exit to remind them to save preset, what's the next step? A prompt when you hit an input "Are you sure you want to preview this input?" then "are you really sure?"

Live switching requires attention, focus and self-control from the operator. I did mistakes too and certainly it will happen again. But I did not say to myself "oh the software should do that for me". I said to myself I should get better! And that's the only way to get better!

No offense, just my point of view...
Guillaume

It was just a suggestion. I am sure they could make it a selectable option in setup for those that do or dont want it confirm buttons. Remember this software is for the beginner to the professional. That is why they have a free version up to the $1200 professional. The idea of this area of the forum is to make suggestions of what some people may want. Like it or not!
wwdv  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2017 2:15:42 PM(UTC)
wwdv

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 15 post(s)
I would rather go for a message box: "Streaming is starting in 10 seconds" with a cancel button.

I can imagine that a accidentally started live stream has some more impact than a recording.
Especially when during testing things are said that are not intended for the whole world :)
thanks 2 users thanked wwdv for this useful post.
cacooley on 2/15/2017(UTC), stigaard on 2/23/2017(UTC)
Maximus  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2017 5:30:26 PM(UTC)
Maximus

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I am with you Guillaume. I think this is a most unnecessary request. When live streaming, attention to detail is required. Every additional request consumes development time, resources and additional overhead to vMix. Keep the request for things that will improve features, functionality and workflow.

No offense meant, just my additional 2 cents.

Maxi
Ittaidv  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2017 10:02:08 PM(UTC)
Ittaidv

Man
Belgium

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 75 post(s)
I think the same. More prompts will make it harder to work. When connection is wonky for example, and we need to connect fast, an additional window would actually drive me crazy. Just make sure you don't press buttons by accident and problem is solved :)
richardgatarski  
#7 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 5:16:42 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
I think cacooley's request is valid and well motivated by his experiences. Hence I suggest two additions to the Settings Option's tab (not hard to implement is my guess):
- Confirm before Streaming (default No)
- Confirm before Recording (default No)

Even though I personally would most likely never enable them, nor instruct my crew to do that.