logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AlanZ  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2017 12:10:35 PM(UTC)
AlanZ

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 37 post(s)
I have a Logitech Brio 4K webcam on preorder, and am looking forward to receiving it in a few weeks.
So here's a question.

When set to 1080 mode, the camera supports 5x digital zoom... and this should not reduce quality at all because the client is still using a subset of the pixels available on the sensor.

In Vmix, we can assign shortcuts that zoom in or out for any input. When using a typical 1080 webcam, if I am recording at 720p, this generally means I can use shortcuts to zoom in (or perhaps more appropriately call it "magnify") about 20 percent before the image starts to go soft. Can I assume that vmix is simply magnifying/cropping to a subset of the pixels it is receiving from the input (whether it be a camera, image, PowerPoint, etc.)?

So with a 4K camera in 1080 mode, would there be any way of adjusting the camera's zoom feature via a shortcut or scripting, so as to be able to zoom in substantially without losing quality?

I know we can do this manually via the UVC driver's property sheet or (camera settings app), but it would be great to have the camera's zoom feature controllable via the keyboard, midi, or web controller.

Any thoughts about controlling webcam zoom and maintaining optimal quality are appreciated.
Mathijs  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2017 12:25:32 PM(UTC)
Mathijs

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 72 post(s)
I do not think so. My experience is the source gets scaled down when vMix is not running in 4k mode. If you want this to work, you have to run vMix and the camera in 4k mode.
AlanZ  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2017 4:09:44 PM(UTC)
AlanZ

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 37 post(s)
That's what I was thinking, but because we can zoom manually before the image is sent to vmix (via the camera's properties) I was hoping that there was some straightforward way of tweaking the camera via some keyboard or other method of poking the properties.