logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
madness  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2017 10:47:48 AM(UTC)
madness

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 29 post(s)
I have a Novation Launchpad MK2, and would like to configure it for scenes with vMix. As it has 8 rows by 8 columns in the main surface, this would give me 64 scenes to use, and the other 16 buttons around the top and right side, I can use normally for activation recording and overlays.

I see that vmix has the ability to activate an led by the ButtonPress event, of which I assume would be the MIDI devices button press. This is great! I haven't tried it yet, but my concern is deactivating the other buttons in the main pad range, returning them to the default color set.

When pressing button one, I have no doubt I can get it to light button one as desired, but I'm not certain that pressing button 2 will reset the color state of color one if you get what I want.

The shortcuts will be easy enough to configure i suspect. Being as inputs will be shared with many of the scenes, I don't want confusion of lighting many buttons on the controller as I proceed through the scenes. i'm looking to have just one button of the 64 a different color to show what scene I'm at, for an easy reference to select the next scene.

Has anyone tried this?

Anyone have suggestions to make this work?

Tonight, I will be attempting to make this work, and anything to make it happen efficiently will be appreciated!
madness  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2017 10:56:51 AM(UTC)
madness

Man

Will the Activators Refresh function in shortcuts reset leds activated by a buttonpress function to default? If so, that may be my solution!
madness  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2017 9:21:26 PM(UTC)
madness

Man

Ok, Managed to find some more time to play with this with my actual Launchpad.

Answered my question about Button press. It shows a momentary button press. On release, the LED returns to it's default state.

What I would actually need, is a Button Toggle!