logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RoboST  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2017 12:11:37 AM(UTC)
RoboST

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I would to roll back / install 18.0.0.58..

.59 with my Virtual Inputs and Multiview, audio doesn't seem to come in consistently from the NDI source.

I didn't have this issue with .58

Also, can I just run the .58 installer while .59 is the current version installed?
DWAM  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2017 5:03:59 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
vMix auto update stores the installers in your documents folder
RoboST  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2017 6:41:07 PM(UTC)
RoboST

Is there any issue running the .58 Installer with .59 installed?

Or, should I uninstall .59 and then run the .58 Installer?
richardgatarski  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2017 7:07:38 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
no issue, just run the .58
admin  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2017 10:04:55 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Hi,

Can you describe the problem in a bit more detail?
Obviously it is not recommended to roll back to a previous version, as without reporting the problem
there is no guarantee it will be fixed in a future release.

(There are no known issues with NDI in .59)

Regards,

Martin
vMix
RoboST  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2017 10:31:42 PM(UTC)
RoboST

I'm working on it now, going through this step by step. It does still work with the basics (no PIP, no Virtual Inputs): Input1 local CAM/mic, Input 2 logo, Input 3 NDI CAM/mic

rolling back didn't change anything so now I am going through to see what has changed..

this was working before with .58.

I started using Virtual Inputs/Multiview per this thread: http://forums.vmix.com/d....aspx?g=posts&t=8598

See Post #10 for how I got it to work with .58

This is for two rooms/sets, two separate computers/cams/mics. Room1 running vMix (Inputs: Cam1*, image/logo, NDI from Room2*) and desktop capture - Room2 running NDI Connect (Cam2 on Computer 2) and NDI Monitor (Room1/Application Host for a Room1 Browser Window**).

*added Virtual Inputs with Multiview

** this is a Live stream from vMix with live interaction from fans, Performer when in Room2 can monitor/see status/live chat browser window (with audio) from Room1. Performer can walk between Room1 / Room2 seamlessly and the feed sees/hears both rooms, can change main view and PIP with Merge.

I'm using Virtual Inputs to get PIP window of the other Room (Room1 has Room2 in PIP | Room2 has Room1 in PIP) and use Merge to switch between those two. So: Room1 running vMix Inputs: Cam1, image/logo, NDI from Room2, Virtual Input from Input1 (Multiview Input3 resized for PIP), Virtual Input from Input 3 (Multiview Input1 resized for PIP).

My Preset for this was working in .58 but I noticed issues right off the bat in .59. Now that Preset doesn't even work in .58. I can't get the Mic via NDI from Room2 in this vMix setup. NDI Monitor gets the cam feed and mic from Room2.

It has worked everyday from Post #10 in the thread above until I did the in-app upgrade to .59

RoboST  
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2017 4:13:07 PM(UTC)
RoboST

I got it, went through everything and of course I went from vmix (Input by Input) first.. it was the external encoder didn't have vMix Audio selected (it got changed 2-3 days ago it seems), it had the microphone (from Room1) directly selected. I should have started troubleshooting at the other end working backwards.

My vMix preset for this (created/saved in .58) still has an issue in .59 so for now I will keep using .58 on that computer and .59+ on the others.

I also see how this happened, I reproduced it. When I did the Auto update to .59 and in the middle of the process, I closed and restarted the encoder which reset the Audio source in the encoder on that computer since vMix's was unavailable at that moment. We normally don't load the settings the the encoder, the last used is loaded on startup. Have to keep an eye on that going forward.