logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
loftoncreations  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 5, 2016 5:45:50 PM(UTC)
loftoncreations

Groups: Registered

If I have extra time to setup the replay clip I'd love to be able to set the slow mo in and out points on the replay early so when I cut to the replay it does the slo mo automatically right where I want it instead of having to do it live.
stigaard  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2016 8:14:44 PM(UTC)
stigaard

Man
Denmark

Was thanked: 100 time(s) in 79 post(s)
(+1)

This could be awesome to have changing speeds throughout a replay clip, however I think it's a very challenging feature to include in vMix, and also a very heavy task for the PC to execute, due to the fact that the replay files are large, and it must be played back real time, but yeah, I would really like this too.
loftoncreations  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2016 9:57:43 PM(UTC)
loftoncreations

stigaard wrote:
(+1)

This could be awesome to have changing speeds throughout a replay clip, however I think it's a very challenging feature to include in vMix, and also a very heavy task for the PC to execute, due to the fact that the replay files are large, and it must be played back real time, but yeah, I would really like this too.

It should still be played back live, we would just get triggers to set an slow mo in and out point so the computer basically clicks the button for us. Shouldn't add any extra processing power
Cpilcher  
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2016 8:35:39 PM(UTC)
Cpilcher

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 47 post(s)
+1

My last replay solution allowed a user to select the clip and define the playback speed of an individual clip. I found this very helpful.
Stavlin  
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 20, 2016 9:51:14 AM(UTC)
Stavlin

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I wonder if it could be made a property of the clip in replay data file. Without knowing exactly how vMix deals with reading the replay XML file I'm not entirely sure if it would be possible, but adding a new XML property to each clip that might be a compact way of doing it. It all depends on how often/when vMix reads from that file I guess.

The other thing to consider would be how you would represent that on the UI without making it overly clunky. Obviously as a property you could have it set the speed slider as the replay is selected if it's set to a different speed but you need to make it intuative enough that someone newer/unaccostomed can set a slow-mo without necessarily locking a clip/the replay system in to that speed. Maybe a button of some sort next to the speed slider that allows you to 'Store Speed'.

In my mind, the beauty of it being a property of the clip is that you utilise the existing 'Copy to' function and extend it. You to have 'Copy to at 50%' or the like as part of the context menu. Give the API something like 'ReplayCopySelectedEventAtSpeed' with a value for event list and a value for speed. You could then add something like 'RepalySetSelectedEventSpeed' to store a value for the speed in the replay xml file.

All of the this is obviously a nice hypothisis from someone who doesn't know the inner workings of vMix, but I genuinely feel that having the speed of a replay being able to be set clip based would add nice functionality to vMix. Selfishly, I'd be using it all the time in my sports broadcasts. It'd also simplfy my replay API interface and workflow massively.

Joe