logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
h2video.nl  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2012 10:42:01 AM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 39 post(s)
Hi Martin,

I am very happy with the VMIX desktop capture server, because it will allow me to capture powerpoint slides and other remote desktop activity and mix this in with the video. Especially good for lecture capturing and knowledge capturing of presentations... my field of work.

I tried to put the capture server exe on a USB stick and use it on a different computer, but it does not work. Help indicates that i have to completely install vmix on the remote desktop... (the free version...) This is no problem for my own laptops but when using somebody elses computer (which is playing the powerpoint) it would be difficult (impossible and unwanted) to completely having to install VMIX.

Question; is there a possibility to only install the remote desktop server without having to install vmix completely on the other computer. It would be great to be able to just run it temporarily of a USB stick without having to install anything (I use a different programme for my beamer that works like that...).

extra: could you indicate with an update when you need to also upgrade the remote desktop server when upgrading the VMIX programme. version V3 needed an update of the remote capture server but V4 and V4 64bit didn't (I can capture the desktop using V4 and v4 64bit and using v3 on the remote, but I am not shure if it works correctly and stable when really working with it...).

Also: is there any difference between 64bit or 32 bit and the capture server (doesn't seem so but just want to be shure)?

greetings from Holland
Stefan Flos
admin  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2012 10:24:41 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Hi,

The following info may change in future versions but essentially you need three files for the desktop capture to run on another machine:

vMixCaptureServer.exe
vMixCaptureLibrary.dll
turbojpeg.dll

.NET Framework 3.5 needs to be installed if using XP.

The desktop capture format tends to change between releases so it's always best to make sure the capture pc is running the latest version of these three files.
These files are of course free to copy to any machine as required.

There is no difference with the desktop capture feature in the 32bit or 64bit versions.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
h2video.nl on 8/11/2012(UTC)
h2video.nl  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2012 10:43:35 AM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Man

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 39 post(s)
Hi Martin,

Thanks: tried it and it works, simply running from my USB stick. Amazing!!

I will keep the updates in mind and always use the latest versions.

The test version is running on a wired network connection ans this also works (and is more stable since wireless networks are getting more and more in the way.

Thanks again & greetings,
Stefan

PS also discovered the wireless / remote touchscreen shortcut-fuction. I can run it from my iPad. Very nice option!
doggy  
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 26, 2013 3:17:37 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Hi,

Quote:
The following info may change in future versions but essentially you need three files for the desktop capture to run on another machine:

vMixCaptureServer.exe
vMixCaptureLibrary.dll
turbojpeg.dll

in how far does this still appply in recent version (10 - 11)or what are the changes as I only seem to find turbojpeg.dll ?

Thank you
Guy