logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
admin  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2015 12:55:11 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
vMix 15 and higher is supported by Windows 10!

If you are upgrading from Windows 7, or Windows 8 with Media Center, MPEG-2 recording is no longer available
however new MPEG-2 recording options will be included in vMix 16 via FFMPEG.

The performance of MP4 recording on Windows 8 and higher is vastly improved, so if you are upgrading from Windows 7,
that may be a good alternative to MPEG-2.

Any further questions regarding Windows 10 support can be posted here.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
thanks 4 users thanked admin for this useful post.
sontoloyo on 7/31/2015(UTC), madness on 7/31/2015(UTC), PFBM on 7/31/2015(UTC), Adriankey4 on 8/29/2015(UTC)
richardgatarski  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2015 5:23:51 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
It will probably take quite some time before we switch from Win 8.1 to 10. I see no immediate advantages. Even so, I have installed it on a lab PC and tested a little bit. If nothing else, since we do a lot of conference productions, we must be able to help our customers when they can't get their laptops connected to the projector, change display settings, connect to internet, etc.

So far vMix 15.0.0.88 for sure works on W10, but I also found some issues.

It seems that Quicktime is not available for W10, Apple says "QuickTime 7.7.7 for Windows Vista or Windows 7".
Not sure what that means for vMix and the use of Quicktime dependent videos.

There is no smooth way to turn off automatic updates in W10. We do this in W8.1 to make sure nothing is downloaded while we need the available bandwidth for streaming. Even more important, not have a sudden reboot during production. Although there are some workaround (eg see Wired's and Gizmodo's solutions, it's kind of messy. My guess Microsoft will change it's policy and enable disabling - so to speak ;)

Multiple desktops and desktop capture, it works - but I have only tested it on the local PC. One must select "Capture hidden window" if the thing you want to capture is running on another desktop than the one vMix is running on.

On a side note, we have the W10 "feature" Wi-Fi Sense, that shares the SSID and passwords you have with your "social friends". Something you might not want to do, and seems to be enabled by default if you install W10 with "Express settings". Google it, or see for example ExtremeTech, for more info.
thanks 1 user thanked richardgatarski for this useful post.
GeorgeR on 8/1/2015(UTC)
admin  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2015 6:44:34 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

With regards to QuickTime, it is no longer needed for vMix 64bit since version 12.
vMix now uses FFMPEG for MOV playback, which covers the vast majority of codecs use by Quicktime.

thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
madness on 7/31/2015(UTC)
GeorgeR  
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2015 1:23:59 AM(UTC)
GeorgeR

Man

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 28 post(s)
richardgatarski wrote:
It will probably take quite some time before we switch from Win 8.1 to 10. I see no immediate advantages. Even so, I have installed it on a lab PC and tested a little bit. If nothing else, since we do a lot of conference productions, we must be able to help our customers when they can't get their laptops connected to the projector, change display settings, connect to internet, etc.

So far vMix 15.0.0.88 for sure works on W10, but I also found some issues.

It seems that Quicktime is not available for W10, Apple says "QuickTime 7.7.7 for Windows Vista or Windows 7".
Not sure what that means for vMix and the use of Quicktime dependent videos.

There is no smooth way to turn off automatic updates in W10. We do this in W8.1 to make sure nothing is downloaded while we need the available bandwidth for streaming. Even more important, not have a sudden reboot during production. Although there are some workaround (eg see Wired's and Gizmodo's solutions, it's kind of messy. My guess Microsoft will change it's policy and enable disabling - so to speak ;)

Multiple desktops and desktop capture, it works - but I have only tested it on the local PC. One must select "Capture hidden window" if the thing you want to capture is running on another desktop than the one vMix is running on.

On a side note, we have the W10 "feature" Wi-Fi Sense, that shares the SSID and passwords you have with your "social friends". Something you might not want to do, and seems to be enabled by default if you install W10 with "Express settings". Google it, or see for example ExtremeTech, for more info.

There are also a couple other settings you might want to change in Windows 10. The first one is when your computer restarts after an update. The other is (P2P) updates.

>Go to settings
>Next, Update & security
>Next click advanced options
>Next, at the top of the window use the drop-down to select when your computer restarts; automatically or notify you.

The other setting you may want to change is Optimized (P2P) updates. What that is, when delivery Optimization is turned on, your PC sends parts of apps or updates that you’ve downloaded using Delivery Optimization to other PCs on your local network, or on the Internet, depending on your settings.
> Go to settings
>Next, Update & security
>Click advanced options in the center of the window
>Next, click "Choose how updates are delivered"
>Turn OFF the Optimized (P2P) updates with the slider

~George
PFBM  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2015 7:59:20 AM(UTC)
PFBM

Man

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Hi Martin,

Arduino tally not working with vMix on Windows pro 10 64 bits !
no problems on Windows 7 , 8 and 8.1....
the usb controller installs correctly on Windows 10 .
i install the vmix tally driver.... go to settings to configure tally´s .... and gets connect error...

Best regards,

PFBM
maxvolp  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2015 8:26:03 AM(UTC)
maxvolp

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
HI,

I just updated to Windows 10 my Asus notebook with nvidia geforce 850 and integrated intel video card.
Vmix 15 it works only with the intel card, when I try to assign Vmix to the nvidia card, using the nvidia control panel, I had an error "D3DStartup",protected memory.
I tried to uninstall and install again vmix but it's the same, I tried to find a new driver for the video card with no success.
Any suggestion?

Thanks
Max
ovinas  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2015 8:54:41 AM(UTC)
ovinas

Man

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 49 post(s)
maxvolp  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2015 9:21:36 AM(UTC)
maxvolp

thank you Ovinas, I installed this new driver but the problem is still there
ovinas  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2015 9:41:38 AM(UTC)
ovinas

Man

Do you have a monitor connected to the HDMI or VGA output? Maybe the GPU is only activated when something is connected to this.
maxvolp  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2015 10:41:22 AM(UTC)
maxvolp

now I can't even open vMix, after I added the software to the nvidia panel I have a startup error, probably I have to reinstall the program to use it with the intel graphic card
h2video.nl  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2015 4:56:47 AM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Man

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 39 post(s)
just updated to win 10 and vmix 16beta... that's where production goes...

on my amd A10 machine with extra amd video card this went smooth as silk. will keep on testing all the drivers but win10 starts very quick and recording and streaming is ok.

but on my HP laptops dv7 6b60ed entertainment pc's it's a mess. aparently win10 has a problem handling the dual graphics on this system. switching between intel hd3000 and the build in amd radeon hd6700M does not work.

startup is extremely slow and this issue is known. I am waiting for a fix. my conclusion: be carefull when updating older laptops with dual graphics.

vmix does not see the radeon card only the intel hd3000.

performance is good however and I will keep testing and tweaking and updating win10. Anybody with a similar hp laptop experience?

stefan

ps i did a clean install: made a usb win 10 install disk so I can update my systems based on that. then I ran update win 10 several times. I only use these laptops for simple vmix recordings using black magic design shuttle. one more issue: the wifi is unabled. another reported HP laptop issue while updating...
admin  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2015 5:13:59 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

FYI, I deleted a post which mentioned needing to install QuickTime to use transparent MOVs.
I want to make it clear that this is not true, and as long as you are using 64bit windows and 64bit vMix, QuickTime is not needed
and most MOV files including transparent ones will work in vMix just fine.
Rinsky  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2015 7:32:15 AM(UTC)
Rinsky

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 35 post(s)
How about adding the MPEG i-frame record mode from the replay system to the normal record options (of course without the replay/taggin functions)?
Since Mpeg2 doesn't work on Windows 10 and MP4 files are hard to recover when they're corrupted.
ovinas  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2015 1:01:27 AM(UTC)
ovinas

Man

On Twitter:
Quote:
Blackmagic Design ‏@Blackmagic_News
New Desktop Video 10.4.3 Update! Adds Windows 10 support for DeckLink, UltraStudio and Intensity models. Download today!
thanks 1 user thanked ovinas for this useful post.
Murchik on 12/30/2016(UTC)
jpeg2RAW  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2015 1:43:56 PM(UTC)
jpeg2RAW

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I tried to start another thread about Windows 10 and it got locked, so I guess I need to post it here.

I am done upgrading all the PC's in the house to Windows 10 except the one I use to broadcast the podcast using vMix. But before upgrading, I need to make sure I can still stream and record with this machine. I have tried AVI and the files are HUGE. Tried MP4 and my Core I7 CPU runs at 80-90% while streaming, so that's not an option. Is there anyway to get MPEG-2 back into Windows 10?
ovinas  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2015 2:32:27 PM(UTC)
ovinas

Man

It's already back with vMix 16!
Go to record settings, select FFMPEG, change Codec to MPEG-2.
Be sure to have latest vMix version 16.0.0.50.
thanks 1 user thanked ovinas for this useful post.
Rinsky on 8/13/2015(UTC)
jpeg2RAW  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2015 11:01:11 PM(UTC)
jpeg2RAW

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
AWESOME! Thanks ovinas!
ovinas  
#18 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2015 3:43:55 AM(UTC)
ovinas

Man

thomaskloos  
#19 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2015 7:11:26 PM(UTC)
thomaskloos

Has anyone noticed vmix becoming "sluggish" on windows 10? On Windows 8.1 x64 vMix ran great, and I had no syncing issues with the audio. I have 2 Logitech C920 HD cameras, and a Behringer Mixer. Under Windows 10, with vmix running, not recording, or streaming, just running with the cameras on, my computer is very sluggish. I have a 6 core AMD Black CPU with 8Gb ram and a SSD hard drive. It's very frustrating because I cannot seem to get the audio to sync with my talking. It's like a bad Japanese movie!

Any way I can try the beta 16 and see if it's better?

Thanks,

...Thomas Kloos
ask  
#20 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2015 8:59:02 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
This might be more to do with the webcams rather than vMix. There are some threads about this issue. Try a search. :-)