logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
stschaudt  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2012 4:23:13 PM(UTC)
stschaudt

Groups: Registered

Hi,
thank you for your fast help! I've another question:
In the shipped XAML-Files you can store serveral names, headlines, etc., ....
But they are stored in the general settings. I need a way to add name and other data in a seperate file (e.g. csv, excel) to interchange them dynamically. It's intented to use to display competitors names and results at a sportive event. It is not possible to type that stuff by hand, I get the results by an excel-file from the judges....

Any ideas? I appreciate any kind of help. :-)

Thank you and have a nice weekend all out there!

Stefan
g-mo  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2014 6:01:05 PM(UTC)
g-mo

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Bumping this up to see if anyone has a csv solution.
tdurhamjr  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2014 8:37:52 PM(UTC)
tdurhamjr

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 21 post(s)
I am wanting to do basically the same thing. I want to create "Player Stat" overlays where I can populate the stat boxes from a CSV or DBF file. I was really wanting to assign shortcuts for each player so that if I need to popup a particular player's stats, (ie Bob Smith), I could have a shortcut for each player. Bob Smith may be CTL-17. When I press CTL-17 it would pop up the "Stat Overlay" populated with the data for Bob Smith, including the picture of Bob Smith. Then I would want to be able to press ALT-17 to turn the overlay off.

I would hopefully be able to press ALT-17 to turn the overlay off.. If I have 64 players, the last player would be CTL=64 to turn it on and ALT-64 to turn it off.

If anyone can shed some light on this and tell me how to accomplish this I would be so greatfull!!

I have looked all over for a third party solution and just can't find anything that is cost effective that will do what I want. I think vMmix will do it if I just learn how.

I am confident that we can display player stats like a college game does using vMix.

Thanks,
Tim
Kelvin  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2014 9:47:36 PM(UTC)
Kelvin

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 37 post(s)
It won't be the most extravagant graphics, but I've used an excel file and desktop capture to make chroma keyed graphics that were more detailed than I could handle quickly with the vmix titles. These graphics can be run directly on the vmix machine or on a separate computer.

In excel, create your database of stats in one tab. In another tab, format the spreadsheet as chroma green and add vlookup formulas to pull your stats onto the green screen. The stats can be formatted in a variety of text colors and the background colors of the cells can also be changed.

Good luck.

Kelvin
thanks 1 user thanked Kelvin for this useful post.
tdurhamjr on 10/16/2014(UTC)
doggy  
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2014 3:45:32 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Quote:
I need a way to add name and other data in a seperate file (e.g. csv, excel) to interchange them dynamically. It's intented to use to display competitors names and results at a sportive event.

Quite a few options possible.
Directly from excel one can send (using a macro) data to vMix titles

The way I have done is creating a vb.net gui where I import a csv list into a table. I can still make adjustments in that list if needed. Then I simple click a button to send the appropriate line of data to the vMix title, another button does the same (sending the data) but also jumps to the next line automatically making that data ready. That way I can go through a list of hundreds of names and other details to display.

for results/ scores depending on what is needed one can in the same gui that count up or down , calculate, clear etc and send it to your title.

it becomes just clicking onscreen buttons, heck those can even be triggered from external sources ( scanners, timing gates etc ) ;-)

API : in the help files
thanks 2 users thanked doggy for this useful post.
tdurhamjr on 10/16/2014(UTC), OpenROADer on 10/17/2014(UTC)
tdurhamjr  
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2014 10:59:17 AM(UTC)
tdurhamjr

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Thanks kelvin and Doggy! I am not a programmer (not even close!) and really trying to learn all this stuff on the fly. Do either of you have any templates or files that I could save into vMix to make it easier for me to implement this?
OpenROADer  
#7 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2014 10:39:45 AM(UTC)
OpenROADer

doggy wrote:
Quote:
I need a way to add name and other data in a seperate file (e.g. csv, excel) to interchange them dynamically. It's intented to use to display competitors names and results at a sportive event.

Quite a few options possible.
Directly from excel one can send (using a macro) data to vMix titles

The way I have done is creating a vb.net gui where I import a csv list into a table. I can still make adjustments in that list if needed. Then I simple click a button to send the appropriate line of data to the vMix title, another button does the same (sending the data) but also jumps to the next line automatically making that data ready. That way I can go through a list of hundreds of names and other details to display.

for results/ scores depending on what is needed one can in the same gui that count up or down , calculate, clear etc and send it to your title.

it becomes just clicking onscreen buttons, heck those can even be triggered from external sources ( scanners, timing gates etc ) ;-)

API : in the help files

Doggy, would you be able to share some code of the macro code / api code as an example?
doggy  
#8 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2014 12:52:12 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Far from a good programmer but this is how I started /tested.(excel function in visual basic)
Updating title nr , line nr or text reflects in the according vMix title

doggy attached the following image(s):
httprequest.jpg (108kb) downloaded 93 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
thanks 1 user thanked doggy for this useful post.
OpenROADer on 10/19/2014(UTC)
jonatan  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2015 8:35:59 PM(UTC)
jonatan

doggy wrote:
Far from a good programmer but this is how I started /tested.(excel function in visual basic)
Updating title nr , line nr or text reflects in the according vMix title

What format should the script be saved in? .VB?