logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
scottyp  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2017 8:57:47 PM(UTC)
scottyp

Groups: Registered

I have two broadcast Pix systems we use at the college I work at but one is for the studio and the other is our flypack and is to bulky to move around fast, so I rely on vmix to do that. My question is a feature I love on broadcast pix, I can take and set my screens up in any fashion and only see the inputs or outputs I choose. It also allows me to adjust the size of my windows on the screen. So for me personally I dont care about large windows for preview and output but I do like my main cameras, instant replay, NDI inputs larger to see them better and I can arrange them on the screen where I want them to be at.

The way their system works is like each input is a widget, you simply select the widget you want then it is on the screen. You then drag it to the location you want, adjust the size, color associated and name you want it to be called.

This gives me the control I want as a producer and/or director to set up the screens as I see fix, including my second screen or third screen with features that are doubles of another screen but in a different order.

example:

director needs: cameras, replay output, timer, overlays, graphics, preview and output (usually small)

Producer : Preview and output, timer, graphics, audio

Replay : Replay Camera inputs, replay outputs

Graphics person: preview and output, graphics, overlays

now not every event will need this many people but if two or three were to operate they could setup the screens as they see fix for the event at hand.
richardgatarski  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 5:54:40 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
scottyp,

Seems this request, in variations, have become quite popular recently ;)

As a matter of fact, it is a rather old one. Please consider and comment PFMB's relatively recent request vmix 19 new graphical interface full Floating Windows as I believe it encompasses the need behind your request.

On a side note, it is always a good idea to search the Forum for similar request before making one.

Thanks,
/richard
DWAM  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 6:21:12 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Hi Scotty

why don't you use NDI for multi screens monitoring? Or HDMI splitters on your display outputs?
Combining both allows many setups.

NDI Video Monitor is a free tool from Newtek which can run multiple instances on the same PC so you can select which sources you want, arrange your layout in many ways and best of all a double click on a source makes it full screen (ESC comes back to initial layout).

Alternatively, a third party application called vMixUTC allows to monitor multiple NDI sources in a single window and to manage titles and graphics very easily.

http://forums.vmix.com/d....aspx?g=posts&t=6468
http://www.newtek.com/ndi/applications

scottyp  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 8:16:55 AM(UTC)
scottyp

richardgatarski wrote:
scottyp,

Seems this request, in variations, have become quite popular recently ;)

As a matter of fact, it is a rather old one. Please consider and comment PFMB's relatively recent request vmix 19 new graphical interface full Floating Windows as I believe it encompasses the need behind your request.

On a side note, it is always a good idea to search the Forum for similar request before making one.

Thanks,
/richard

well i did look and seen someone wanted multiscreen but it was on the output not the production side, and i didnt see another one. sooo thats why the suggestion. But thanks for letting me know I wasnt the only one looking for it.

Regards,
Scott
scottyp  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 8:17:57 AM(UTC)
scottyp

DWAM wrote:
Hi Scotty

why don't you use NDI for multi screens monitoring? Or HDMI splitters on your display outputs?
Combining both allows many setups.

NDI Video Monitor is a free tool from Newtek which can run multiple instances on the same PC so you can select which sources you want, arrange your layout in many ways and best of all a double click on a source makes it full screen (ESC comes back to initial layout).

Alternatively, a third party application called vMixUTC allows to monitor multiple NDI sources in a single window and to manage titles and graphics very easily.

http://forums.vmix.com/d....aspx?g=posts&t=6468
http://www.newtek.com/ndi/applications

Thanks I will have to look into this!

Regards,
Scott