logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dionv  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 6, 2017 1:26:08 PM(UTC)
dionv

Groups: Registered

I am exploring vMix for a house of worship installation that already has a decent audio system setup using BSS Audio's London Architect system. Currently we have two sets of 14-channel audio controls on two separate PC's: One to control sound in the sanctuary, the other controls the sound recorded to DVD/HDD.

The audio system is software-based and controlled across a network, so I am wondering if anyone has tried to use vMix to directly control the output from this type of setup using vMix's built-in audio board (mapping the channels as audio inputs in vMix)? If possible I would like to avoid having separate audio and video controls for the DVD/HDD recording.

We're currently recording services with 3 HD cameras feeding HDMI into a Roland 4-channel video mixer, with the mixed-down audio going into the mixer as well. Output from the mixer goes to two devices: a DVD recorder via composite, and a BlackMagic Design HyperDeck Studio via HDMI.

I want to replace the HD cameras with 4K PTZ cameras controlled by vMix, sending downsampled output for DVD burning, and still recording the "master" to the HyperDeck.

(Bonus points if we can bring the audio controls out to a physical board, instead of software controls.)

Thanks in advance for any input.

Dion