logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
richardgatarski  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 5, 2017 6:44:15 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
A couple of days ago Windows 10 Pro refused to install a driver from Yuan, because it was "unsigned". Seems Microsoft have tightened the security, maybe in a recent update. In this case it may also have been the Pro edition, because earlier I have not had this problem on our Windows 10 Home systems.

I contacted Yuan who sent me a new driver (v 160.0), which appearantly was signed and worked just fine. When I asked they told me they would upload it to their Web page for vMix drivers (current version there is 160.5).

I guess there are other manufacturer who has unsigned drivers. I got a similar driver disabled by Windows on the same PC when I inserted a Black Magic Intensity Pro, after installing their most recent driver package. Not sure it was BM, Windows just said "an unsigned driver"

I have quickly looked into the possibility to remove/bypass Window's security regarding signed drivers. But at least in my case that was not an option (extremely cumbersome, unclear, and of course unsecure).

May the sign be with us :)
Thremir  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 5, 2017 8:30:04 PM(UTC)
Thremir

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Had the same issue with first a Blackmagic driver (all from 6.2 and up I think) on a fresh install of windows 7. Windows update fixed that one.

After that I had the same issue as you with an Oupree OPR-200 on a Windows 10 PC, had to run Windows in test mode to install it, I haven't tried turning off test mode afterwards though.

Here are the (surprisingly easy) instructions I found online:

To enable Test Mode on Windows, open an elevated command prompt (Press Start->Search->cmd then right-click on it and click Run as administrator) and enter the following command:

bcdedit /set testsigning on

and reboot after running the command above

To disable Test mode, open an elevated command prompt as above and enter the following command:

bcdedit /set testsigning off

Cheers,