logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
apell  
#41 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2017 2:58:06 AM(UTC)
apell

Groups: Registered

admin wrote:
vMix 18 has been released!

Visit the download page below to download and view all the changes:

http://www.vmix.com/software/download.aspx

Feedback

Please report any bugs or questions in this thread.

Thanks,

Martin
vMix

Hello Martin
The new update it have much problems.
How can i return in preview edition.
Thank you.
Apostolos
admin  
#42 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2017 4:46:41 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4146 time(s) in 1491 post(s)
Apostolos,

Can you please describe the problems here so we can get them fixed?
There have only been bug fixes since the preview, so going back to preview is not likely to solve the problem...

Regards,

Martin
vMix
apell  
#43 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2017 5:53:16 AM(UTC)
apell

HI Martin
A big –for me- problem is the auto play the sound from any video when it insert for viewing on air! This however the sounds from video and together and the sound from the line in....
Before the latest update, there was no such problem!
apell attached the following image(s):
test.jpg (119kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
ovinas  
#44 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2017 5:58:09 AM(UTC)
ovinas

Man

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Settings --> Audio --> "Automatically Mix Audio"
admin  
#45 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2017 9:33:42 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Ok, it looks like you might be upgrading from vMix 16 to 18.
If so, then by default the "Automatically mix audio" setting for Audio Inputs is disabled from 17 onwards.
This is because in most cases this is what users wanted, but you can just as easily go into the Audio Mixer and turn it back on again.

This will turn it on or off automatically when switching between video and mic (or any input that has the mic associated with it using MultiView).
motest  
#46 Posted : Saturday, January 21, 2017 7:52:01 AM(UTC)
motest

Hi,

i've to report a couple of small bugs in the last version:

setup: FMLE streaming with multiple bitrate

- in the streaming "view status" panel is impossible to scroll down to get the FMLE Publishing status (buffer, frame drop)

- in the streaming setup panel the audio goes automatically on 96kbps, even if i change it to a lower or higher bitrate; the problem is solved only when i input the text manually and hit return.

Is there a way to fix this or is only my problem? Thanks :)
jladnil  
#47 Posted : Sunday, January 22, 2017 3:17:21 AM(UTC)
jladnil

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Can anyone confirm if VMix 18 demo versions External output to decklink is functional?(Mine is greyed out) Need to check with my hardware if its compatible before purchasing
martin909  
#48 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 11:25:35 AM(UTC)
martin909

Hi,

Yesterday I had a bit of a panic moment with vMix 18.0.0.61 and a Decklink Studio 4k v10.8.4 on Windows 10Pro.
In my setup I use vMix for overlays. SDI video runs through SDI in/out and audio runs through analog connections of the BlackMagic. When External was not active, analog sound when through just fine. But as soon as I actived External, the BlackMagic analog outputs muted.
vMix Master Output was configured to use BlackMagic Audio 1 + 2.
Windows was configured to use the audio card of the motherboard.
The BlackMagic card was configured to use analog audio.

I've used this configuration many times with earlier versions of vMix (and Decklink drivers) and worked.

I was able to run the show by using the 'Default Windows Playback Device' to the audiocard of the motherboard. And yes, I'm still a happy vMix user.

But, before I start testing with earlier version of vMix and DeckLink drivers... could this be a bug in 18.0.0.61?

Cheers,
Martin

martin909  
#49 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2017 2:36:25 PM(UTC)
martin909

martin909 wrote:
Hi,

Yesterday I had a bit of a panic moment with vMix 18.0.0.61 and a Decklink Studio 4k v10.8.4 on Windows 10Pro.
In my setup I use vMix for overlays. SDI video runs through SDI in/out and audio runs through analog connections of the BlackMagic. When External was not active, analog sound when through just fine. But as soon as I actived External, the BlackMagic analog outputs muted.
vMix Master Output was configured to use BlackMagic Audio 1 + 2.
Windows was configured to use the audio card of the motherboard.
The BlackMagic card was configured to use analog audio.

I've used this configuration many times with earlier versions of vMix (and Decklink drivers) and worked.

I was able to run the show by using the 'Default Windows Playback Device' to the audiocard of the motherboard. And yes, I'm still a happy vMix user.

But, before I start testing with earlier version of vMix and DeckLink drivers... could this be a bug in 18.0.0.61?

Cheers,
Martin

Today I did some further testing and I've come to this conclusion. When selecting a camera input 'Decklink 4K 1' and input 'SDI' there is no way you can use the analog in and outs from de Decklink. VMix (or the Blackmagic driver) assumes you will be using SDI embedded audio. Even though you change it in the 'BlackMagic Desktop Video Setup', with SDI the analog connectors just won't work. With composite video, analog audio works as expected.
admin  
#50 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2017 10:26:02 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi,

I can confirm there have been no Decklink specific changes in vMix 18, so my guess is they have changed
the way the audio works in the latest Decklink drivers...

Regards,

Martin
vMix
h2video.nl  
#51 Posted : Wednesday, February 8, 2017 1:42:31 PM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Man

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 39 post(s)
I get lots of dropped frames on my recording when opening a multi view input and rearanging one of the inputs.

recording to mp4 1080p - checked again when I came home from a recording and used only the webcam of my laptop, started recording and did a test on a multiview window and frames were dropped on the input.

Is this just me or a bug. running the latest vmix minus 1 ( just saw a update message this morning but did not install).

stefan
admin  
#52 Posted : Wednesday, February 8, 2017 10:47:42 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

What is the Render Time and CPU Usage? Likely running into a GPU limit of some kind when using the input settings.
h2video.nl  
#53 Posted : Thursday, February 9, 2017 2:51:32 AM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Man

running vmix reference system msi with nvideo 1060 at around 35% cpu total and render time around 8 ms when recording 2 inputs and one desktop capture.

its just when I open a multiview window the recording will start dropping.

so no limit here... mayby a bad install?

checked with one input, simple setup, same behaviour.

will check my other system as welll for comparison.
stefan
lbgaus  
#54 Posted : Thursday, February 9, 2017 4:31:04 AM(UTC)
lbgaus

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Hey Martin,

I see in the newest releases some shortcuts for Replay were added, is it possible to add a replay shortcut for ReplayAudio1, ReplayAudio2, ReplayAudio3, and ReplayAudio4 to toggle the replay audio source? This would be really appreciated. Thank you sir!

Landon
h2video.nl  
#55 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2017 3:42:12 AM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Man

Hi Martin,
as discussed today did some tests and diabled / removed the nvidea gaming software included in the driver package. the overlay and shader settings are probably interfearing with a vmix overlay.

so this explains the sudden apearance of this problem after a driver and software update by nvidea.

so anybody using nvideo 1060 gpu and updating: be aware of the nvidea gaming experience software.

I have now removed most of the msi software that comes with a msi gaming laptop.

Please also note this when you use a msi machine: the laptop also comes with a kind of screen docking software: everytime you open a sub window and move it around you get an anoying docking window and the sub window will snap to a dock.

you can disable this in the true color settings sub menu: there is the option of docking windows and you can disable it with a radio button. theres more to disable: i disabled them all, because the msi is my vmix machine and not a gaming thing.

so vmix is happy running again and I don't have to worry about framedrops anymore during my recordings....

cheers
Stefan
mjgraves  
#56 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2017 3:12:58 PM(UTC)
mjgraves

Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
Is there any way to revert back to a prior release of vMix? I patched from v18.0.0.63 to v18.0.0.65 last week. Since then I'm having trouble with vMix and VoiceMeeter Banana not playing well together.

Audio in VMB gets corrupted, it sounds like it's playing half speed or slower. If I reset the audio engine in VMB it's ok until I touch vMix. Thereafter it becomes problematic again.

It seems like vMix is taking considerably more system resources since the update.
ask  
#57 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2017 6:00:27 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Just load the version of vMix you want over the top of the existing one. You can do a remove and re-install if you really want. The source files will be found in your Documents directory if you have been using the inbuilt update link.
xaver  
#58 Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2017 3:01:51 PM(UTC)
xaver

Man

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 32 post(s)
lbgaus wrote:
Hey Martin,

I see in the newest releases some shortcuts for Replay were added, is it possible to add a replay shortcut for ReplayAudio1, ReplayAudio2, ReplayAudio3, and ReplayAudio4 to toggle the replay audio source? This would be really appreciated. Thank you sir!

Landon

Hi
I'm also waiting for a shortcut to change the audio source
RoboST  
#59 Posted : Friday, March 17, 2017 2:05:22 PM(UTC)
RoboST

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Running 18.0.0.65 x64 on Windows 10.

Starting today, vMix crashes when I go to record config. First thought there may be an issue with the Preset, but even just running vMix and pressing the record config button (not loading a preset) crashes.

Yesterday, Windows 10 did get KB4013418 and KB4013429 updates but vMix was running after. I can't remember if there was a reboot after yesterday's cumulative update, but normally Windows requires that on those.

After the initial crashes today, I did Windows Update and got KB3150513, rebooted.

Same crash.

If I just load the record Preset (which is taking in a NDI source for recording) and record, no issues. But I can make changes to the recording config since vMix immediately crashes.

Anyone experiencing issues with this?

pm  
#60 Posted : Friday, March 17, 2017 2:24:54 PM(UTC)
pm

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Hello

Same problem here on Windows 10 x64, vMix 18.0.0.65 x64.

After installing this week windows patches, after clicking recording settings, vMix crashes. It also happens on multicoder settings.

Installed patches today:
KB4013418
KB4013429
KB4014329
KB4013867

vMix was OK before.

Regards,
Patrick
thanks 1 user thanked pm for this useful post.
RoboST on 3/17/2017(UTC)