logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BETech  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 24, 2016 6:35:47 AM(UTC)
BETech

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 71 post(s)
Given that vMix has a partner relationship with NewBlueFX, are there any further updates with the integration of TitlerLive into vMix 18.

Quote from Admin: "Support for NewBlue Titler Pro Live will be coming to vMix sometime in 2016, so keep an eye out for that!"
Monday, 30 November 2015 1:31:16 PM http://forums.vmix.com/d....aspx?g=posts&t=5498

Or has that feature request been dismissed in light of the NDI solution for the $US 1,499.00 version of Titler Broadcast.
Ed Tech  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 24, 2016 9:59:25 AM(UTC)
Ed Tech

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
+1 for the ability to integrate TitlerLive into vMix.
Ittaidv  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 24, 2016 7:41:18 PM(UTC)
Ittaidv

Man
Belgium

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 75 post(s)
+1
madness  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2016 11:50:21 AM(UTC)
madness

Man

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 29 post(s)
BETech wrote:
Or has that feature request been dismissed in light of the NDI solution for the $US 1,499.00 version of Titler Broadcast.

I believe that was the support! That said, there is a way to do it on the cheap. Open the live window, resize it to an appropriate resolution, and do a desktop capture of it.
quinte  
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 1, 2017 5:01:10 AM(UTC)
quinte

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am already looking for a good live titler solution with vMix for horse sport event.

I need follow requirenments:
-- support of transparency --> Keying signal
-- auto update of contents in the title by live data
Ranking list, scoreboard data
-- animated titles
-- auto start of animated titles

There are already a lot of 3third party titler software solutions like CG Caspar, NewBlueFX Titler, ClassX, CG LIVE and much more.
Some can use NDI to input the keying and fill signal.

So far so good.
But I don't see how vMix can control or trigger the external titler software to start by example a title animation that also contains live data if the input in vMix is changed.
Wirecast? Activators?

It seems the third party titler software works only in one directions.

I already work a little with the combination blend and the built in titler skills in vMix. But the designing of professional titles is very time consuming and not very comfortable.

Perhaps anybody has already a solution that works with the two directional communication between vMix and third party title software.

Thanks
Alex

DWAM  
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 1, 2017 6:00:17 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Hi Alex

IMHO using such tools underlies multi machine workflow and multi people crew for manual operation. It is not designed to be one man production.
Quote:
But I don't see how vMix can control or trigger the external titler software to start by example a title animation that also contains live data. It seems the third party titler software works only in one directions.

When using a titler, live data has to arrive in the titler not vMix, so that the titler operator sends the title to vMix. Yes it's one direction workflow by design.

Guillaume
kane  
#7 Posted : Thursday, June 1, 2017 9:12:59 AM(UTC)
kane

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 94 post(s)
quinte wrote:

But I don't see how vMix can control or trigger the external titler software to start by example a title animation that also contains live data if the input in vMix is changed.

Don't think that vMix supports this, but NewBlueFX does support the ability to receive commands from NDI sources. I know that on TriCaster for example, I can write macros that can control NewBlueFX, from the switcher I can trigger titles on or off the screen.

If you are interested here is a video showing off this functionality, being demonstrated by your truly!
https://www.facebook.com...ideos/10154582649278815/

Not sure what it would take for other application to support this ability, but NewBlueFX already has the support.

Kane Peterson
NewTek
quinte  
#8 Posted : Friday, June 2, 2017 5:15:03 AM(UTC)
quinte

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Kane, Guillaume

Thank you very much for your informations.

I already use the vMix API in my showmanagement software. I really like that easy to use interface concept which I can control all the vMix functions by my software. For me is it not a problem also to realize an software interface in my software for a life titler.
It seems not so easy to figure out which low - medium budget live title software supports also programmable user interfaces.
Unfortunately for the NewBlueFX Title live broadcast that seems an interesting product for me there is no clear informations on their homepage what kind of programmable user interfaces they supports.

Alex