logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
djevo1  
#21 Posted : Friday, January 6, 2017 5:51:58 PM(UTC)
djevo1

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I know I have been away from this topic for a bit but now I do believe there is some interest. So a small rundown on the system. Its a simple 1u rack unit with 4 1gb ethernet connections and 2 10gb connections. Base model will start with a 4 input configuration. It is controlled via a web-ui to set names of NDI streams. It is not a windows unit, it runs a special embed linux OS. First version could handle up to 1080p 60, second could very well handle 4k; it just depends on what processor cost is.
thanks 2 users thanked djevo1 for this useful post.
PFBM on 1/6/2017(UTC), SportsNetUSA.net on 1/6/2017(UTC)
DWAM  
#22 Posted : Saturday, January 7, 2017 5:22:07 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
I'm wondering what's the need for 1 gigabit + 2 10gigabit network cards if this device can only handle 4 1080 signals... Uplink connection to a 2nd unit? Why not simply plugging them to a switch (1 or 10 Gigabit)?

Besides I think it would be very convenient if such a device could use NDI's main strength: bi-directional connexions. If it's meant to be something like a stage box, it would be very interesting to use it also as an NDI output solution with HDMI/DVI plugs to be able to send any NDI signal to the cameramen (PGM i.e.) or to stage monitors (timers, slides, prompters, PGM, etc...)

My 2 cts...
doggy  
#23 Posted : Saturday, January 7, 2017 6:38:03 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
SportsNetUSA.net wrote:
Since some folks have pre-ordered BirdDog Studio NDI device, there is interest in an NDI hardware capture product that can be delivered to the end users.

So far the BirdDog unit hasn't been released. Perhaps your company can get a device to the marketplace before they do.

Hope ever any type of such capture unit will be available, seems several have a need for this especially for more remotly set up cameras (around a field or so )
djevo1  
#24 Posted : Saturday, January 7, 2017 9:44:33 PM(UTC)
djevo1

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
DWAM wrote:
I'm wondering what's the need for 1 gigabit + 2 10gigabit network cards if this device can only handle 4 1080 signals... Uplink connection to a 2nd unit? Why not simply plugging them to a switch (1 or 10 Gigabit)?

Besides I think it would be very convenient if such a device could use NDI's main strength: bi-directional connexions. If it's meant to be something like a stage box, it would be very interesting to use it also as an NDI output solution with HDMI/DVI plugs to be able to send any NDI signal to the cameramen (PGM i.e.) or to stage monitors (timers, slides, prompters, PGM, etc...)

My 2 cts...

The reason for the 10gb connections is exactly for the the second statement you have made. This unit is aimed to be upgradeable as better hardware comes along. Additonally, it will be made to act as a router eventually for other lowercost units such as the bird-dog. Essentially a central uplink location that caries all the signals back to the main switch over a single fiber connection.