logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mcgrubso  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 5, 2016 9:37:38 AM(UTC)
mcgrubso

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi there,

Is it possible to use IP PTZ cameras (the kind normally used for home security) within vmix? Some home security cameras seem to connect via a network cable, so I'm wondering if it's possible to have a 3 camera set up with 3 low-cost PTZ IP security cameras, 3 network cables, and an ethernet card with multiple inputs.

Is that feasible?
SHMD  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 5, 2016 4:02:56 PM(UTC)
SHMD

Canada

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 31 post(s)
We have a mobile laptop vmix setup that works with POE (Power Over Ethernet) on Gigabit network. It has 3 low cost FOSCAM POE 1080p PTZ cameras that we control remotely with an ipad app.

If you understand networking and how to set up a LAN and/or WAN then this route may be an option, but it is not a plug and play option. Just plugging cables into a NIC on your PC is not going to work.

You need to understand bandwidth limitations and how to use and setup RTSP streaming on the cameras so it streams video data into Vmix with low latency.

-sheldon
mcgrubso  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 7, 2016 4:55:50 PM(UTC)
mcgrubso

Thanks for your reply Sheldon. Very useful info. I think I'll get an IP camera and try it out.
danpets  
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 11, 2016 8:42:58 PM(UTC)
danpets

I am looking for software to control IP network cameras with my Logitech Joystick. I have worked with security cameras (ip using rtsp) with the software that was bundled with them, but I wanted to find a software that would be able to control them just for the PTZ function. I have got a test set of these cameras working well with vMix (at 1080, and I almost can't tell the difference between them and my 1080 HDMI connected cam with a blackmagic capture card) but now I want to control the PTZ with the joystick and vMix does not support this. All of my cameras are Onvif compatible, and cant seem to find what I'm looking for.

Does someone have a good idea what options I have, seeing that vMix does not seem to support this function?

Thank you,
Daniel
mcgrubso  
#5 Posted : Friday, December 16, 2016 5:53:12 AM(UTC)
mcgrubso

danpets: try ispy http://www.ispyconnect.com/

danpets  
#6 Posted : Saturday, January 14, 2017 1:53:26 AM(UTC)
danpets

mcgrubso, Thank you for this option. I do have one issue with it as that is if I use the standard OnVIF option the camera will not stop. But if it's listed, then it works great. Does vMix plan on implementing OnVIF PTZ control?