logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
richardgatarski  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2016 9:11:44 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
I've noticed that if I select "only me" for the stream's Privacy setting, it is not applied for Pages. Instead it becomes Public. Likewise "Friends" on my own timeline becomes "Private". But "Private" for my own timeline becomes Private.

I think this is very critical, in particular for us when we test before going live for real. We don't want the tests to be visibile...

Tested with 17.0.0.111 and 18.0.0.50
kdvberg  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2016 1:56:46 PM(UTC)
kdvberg

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I have done a little testing with Facebook streaming and only once tried to let someone else view it. I had set the Privacy setting in vMix to "Friends" but my friends could not see the video. I checked the Privacy setting on Facebook and it was set to "private" I changed that from my Facebook page and they were able to see it. I then double checked my vMix settings and confirmed it was set to "friends". Something is not right.

I have not done more with it but my experience supports what Richard is saying, "friends" setting in vMix is really "private" on Facebook. I have not tried the other settings.
hubert17  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 22, 2016 9:39:26 AM(UTC)
hubert17

I also have this experience. My work-around is to change the privacy to Public and re-share the post. It's messy but it's fine.
kdvberg  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 25, 2016 9:36:20 AM(UTC)
kdvberg

I tried to Facebook stream again this weekend. Again, "Friends" setting in vMix resulted in "me only" on Facebook. While I am testing things it is important that I am at the Friends privacy settings but it does not look like ANY setting in vMix results in that setting on Facebook. Once I hit the Stream button I am way too busy to get on Facebook and update that setting. I would appreciate this getting fixed. Thanks in advance.
kdvberg  
#5 Posted : Friday, December 16, 2016 5:19:38 PM(UTC)
kdvberg

I am bumping this thread again, our church is getting more serious about using facebook to stream but the security setting in vmix does not make it to facebook. I am getting "only me" on facebook, even when I choose public. Is this a known bug or is it something I am doing wrong?
kdvberg  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 21, 2016 9:14:06 AM(UTC)
kdvberg

Are others not having this problem? I am looking for help to do it correctly or to know that it is a bug that is somewhere on the priority list to fix. Any feedback would be great. Thanks in advance.
admin  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, December 21, 2016 10:56:21 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4161 time(s) in 1494 post(s)
Facebook can be a bit confusing when it comes to privacy settings as there is an app level privacy setting also which will override
any settings you select in vMix.

See the guide below on how to change this:

http://www.vmix.com/know...rivacy-settings-overview
thanks 2 users thanked admin for this useful post.
kdvberg on 12/22/2016(UTC), stigaard on 1/11/2017(UTC)
kdvberg  
#8 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2016 9:03:39 AM(UTC)
kdvberg

This looks like the answer I need, thank you Martin!
fLipz  
#9 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2016 11:27:21 PM(UTC)
fLipz

Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
if we have 20mbps upload

can we max it to 10mbps upload to facebook. do facebook allow it?
kdvberg  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2017 9:16:52 AM(UTC)
kdvberg

Just wanted to follow up and say thanks for the help with Facebook Live. Our Church is now streaming live and, now that I understand the feature, it works awesome!

In case you are curious of the final result the Facebook page is [Calvary Baptist Church of Holland, MI] (scroll down to "Posts")

We ended up making me an editor on the church's page and I simply set up a stream and choose the church's page as the destination.

I was talking to my brother-in-law (he is on the AV team of his church) and they are currently Facebook streaming from a phone. People complain of sound quality. They have a Roland video board but no easy way to get that to Facebook. I showed him what we are doing and he is now looking into a vMix system. This software sells itself!

Thanks vMix!
thanks 1 user thanked kdvberg for this useful post.
al4video on 6/13/2017(UTC)
DWAM  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2017 9:40:01 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
fLipz wrote:
if we have 20mbps upload

can we max it to 10mbps upload to facebook. do facebook allow it?

Recommended settings for FB are
720p
4 Mbps

More details:
https://www.facebook.com...okmedia/get-started/live
richardgatarski  
#12 Posted : Friday, May 5, 2017 2:57:27 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong. But when I set up a stream for the page https://www.facebook.com/westreamu/, and choose "only me", it becomes "Public" on Facebook. (v19.0.0.43)
richardgatarski  
#13 Posted : Monday, June 12, 2017 10:59:10 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Unless someone can tell me I am wrong, I still consider this to be a bug (19.0.0.53). Actually a rather severe issue as it is typically important for our customers to do a private live test on their page in due time before the real thing. (We know it is possible to test stream to a Live event in Facebook using Custom RTMP, but sometimes using the vMix API is better/required).

Thanks.
admin  
#14 Posted : Monday, June 12, 2017 11:23:22 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4161 time(s) in 1494 post(s)
Hi Richard,

Our recent tests indicate that both the manual and API methods only allow Public publishing for Facebook pages.
The API gives no indication private wouldn't work which is why it is shown in Facebook Settings in vMix, however it seems Facebook always override this on their end to Public for pages.

If you have a step by step to enable this via the manual method, please do let us know and we can investigate further how to mirror that via the API.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
richardgatarski on 6/12/2017(UTC)
richardgatarski  
#15 Posted : Monday, June 12, 2017 11:38:41 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Thanks Martin,
I'll try to reach out to one of our connections at Facebook Sweden and see if they have something to say on the subject.

Meanwhile, I suggest you change to current dropdown choice to just inform about the effective privacy (which I guess is what is set for the vMix Facebook App settings, if you can poll that info)

Some slightly off topic additional comments.

Please, on the settings page clarify that "Title" is for the on demand video published afterwards, and that "Description" is for the Facebook post AND the on demand video. Maybe implemented as mouse-over info pop-ups, or some kind of text. (Took me a while before I figured out the use of these two fields).

"Stay logged in" is somewhat unclear. It seems that if you stay logged in for Stream [1], you still have to log in for Stream [2]. And if the streaming profile is deleted, one is logged out.

"Sign up" to Facebook is something I guess is required by Facebook to use their API. Otherwise I really don't see the need. In particular if one is already logged in. This item would benefint from some clarification too. As well as perhaps somewhat adjusted size/position on the settings page.
richardgatarski  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, June 21, 2017 10:24:57 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

My contact at (creative side of) Facebook says regarding always Public. "Will look into it and submit feedback to the programmers" (I assume Facebook's)