logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Kelvin  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2016 12:33:53 AM(UTC)
Kelvin

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Just finished a 3 day webcast of the NCWSA Collegiate Water Ski National Championships. I truly enjoy doing this event where I get to combine my passions for water skiing and webcasting. Three solid days of uninterrupted streaming over 10 hours each day.

New additions this year was the use of an Amimon Connex wireless HDMI transmitter to transmit flawless 720P/60 HD video from the boat and the use of Speedify.com bonded internet service with a Verizon MiFi and AT&T iPhone as the hotspots for uninterrupted streaming.

Saturday:

Friday:

Thursday:

With events taking place simultaneously on 2 separate lakes, it was tricky to get all competitors, but the Video Delay feature along with some Triggers and Shortcuts made it much easier.

Enjoy
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2016 9:52:17 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ Kelvin

Congrats, job well done!
Thanks for sharing, reminds me a little of tonylightfoot's waterskiing coverage from earlier on this year...
As opposed to an "on boat" camera, he used an aerial drone, but never-the-less, it is great to see such "wireless" coverage being used so effectively.
(On a side note Friday's link was blocked for copyright reasons)

Ice
Kelvin  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 22, 2016 11:31:37 AM(UTC)
Kelvin

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 37 post(s)
IceStream wrote:

(On a side note Friday's link was blocked for copyright reasons)

Yea, last year I piped the onsite music through the webcast and had much of the audio completely muted. This year, I did not run the onsite music through the webcast, but the announcers mics picked up just enough of the music to get flagged. Most of the songs just prevented me from monetizing the video and only blocked it completely in Germany. Only 1 song out of a 10 hour webcast caused the entire video to be blocked in most countries around the world, including US and Canada. . . very frustrating. Fortunately, as the creator, I could still access the video. I was able to create my own copy of the video and edit the soundtrack using the Sony Vegas Noise Gate to mute the soundtrack during periods of low volume. That did the trick and I reloaded the video last night.