logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

64 Pages«<1011121314>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DWAM  
#221 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 10:31:21 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Groups: Registered
Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Quote:
As for list widget for points: you can put SetText 0 function into your button, now I just can't say will it update widget or not (maybe you need manually update state then), but it'll 100% update your scorebug.

This is what I do.
But you gave me the idea to add the UpdateState command in this button so NOW IT WORKS !!! The 2 List Widgets are now reset to 0 at the same time.
Thank you!

Quote:
4) I thought you need hide one scorebug and then show another, don't you?

Not really. Only 1 scorebug with 2 alternate images in it.

I just decided to try to add a SetImage command by modifying your Functions.xml.
It works I now can create a button which sets the image to show.

Here is my change in functions.xml. Is it correct?

Code:
  <vMixFunctionReference>
    <Description>Set Image path</Description>
    <Function>SetImage</Function>
    <FormatString>Function=SetImage&amp;Input={0}&amp;SelectedIndex={1}&amp;Value={2}</FormatString>
    <ActiveStatePath>Inputs[{0}].Elements[{1}].Image</ActiveStatePath>
    <ActiveStateValue>{2}</ActiveStateValue>
  </vMixFunctionReference>

Many thanks Elgarf. Thanks to your help, now I have 3 clicks only at the end of each game and I can redesign my UI so that it's simpler. And it gives me new ideas ! Cool!
elgarf  
#222 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2017 12:09:31 AM(UTC)
elgarf

Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 225 time(s) in 129 post(s)
DWAM wrote:

This is what I do.
But you gave me the idea to add the UpdateState command in this button so NOW IT WORKS !!! The 2 List Widgets are now reset to 0 at the same time.
Thank you!

I'll thought about making some commands working directly with internal UTC state, so you will not need UpdateState command at next. I prefer not use UpdateState when all work stable.

SetImage function looks ok :)

As for multiviewer, why you don't use tabs in vMix? So you can just make all camera inputs red, and switch to the red tab.

Changing input selecting logic to GUID's will break compatibility with previous saved controllers (you will needed to make all mappings again), so I think there will be another version with GUID's in near future.

BTW, look at the first post. I've made SetText/SetImage functions to auto update your lists, so now you don't need to call UpdateState manually. Also @ is working now, I changed @ symbol to ~ for delimiting tags.
DWAM  
#223 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2017 1:27:07 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Quote:

I'll thought about making some commands working directly with internal UTC state, so you will not need UpdateState command at next. I prefer not use UpdateState when all work stable.

I understand. That'd be nice as a future improvement. The ability to populate variables thru the fields internally is a good feature.

Quote:
As for multiviewer, why you don't use tabs in vMix? So you can just make all camera inputs red, and switch to the red tab.
Changing input selecting logic to GUID's will break compatibility with previous saved controllers (you will needed to make all mappings again), so I think there will be another version with GUID's in near future.

I need the multiview with cams on several external TV monitors for me and my team. It's not a problem with tabs that I already use, but I really need to see my cams, not the titles.

Concerning the use of GUIDs, I can wait, no problem, but I think it would be a major improvement and added-value for your product in terms of reliability. Thus it would give the ability to share presets amongst users. I wanted to share my tennis preset (vmc+xaml) but I realized that it's nearly impossible because of this issue. This could help your product to be used by more people if some of us would share (or sell) presets for it, don't you think ? When I see how professional titles James can produce with vMixUTC I think it's worth...

But don't worry. When we are aware of this, it's easy to deal with for personal projects.

Quote:
BTW, look at the first post. I've made SetText/SetImage functions to auto update your lists, so now you don't need to call UpdateState manually. Also @ is working now, I changed @ symbol to ~ for delimiting tags.

Does this mean there is a new updated version to download ?
I'm going to check this right now.

Thank you very much for your support Elgarf. Donation on its way soon... ;o)

PS : I'm starting a new vMixUTC project for ice hockey, I will try to use XML data this time
DWAM  
#224 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2017 1:43:02 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Oh concerning the GUIDs problem, I forgot to mention something.

Yesterday I was thinking about it and I was wondering if you could create some sort of a pre-routine (when opening a vmc project) that would first check that all required XAML files are available/opened in vMix (and alert user if some files are missing) maybe that would prevent from losing all widgets mappings configuration

My 2 cts...
DWAM  
#225 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2017 2:59:41 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Elgarf

Just gave a try to new beta version

2 problems so far

- timers widgets won't start
- button widgets won't read new updated functions.xml

Text, List, NDI, Label and Score widgets seem ok as far as I could try.

FYI I did not replace previous version (which still works), I simply made a new folder for beta version.
DWAM attached the following image(s):
screencap03.png (109kb) downloaded 26 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
elgarf  
#226 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2017 4:58:07 AM(UTC)
elgarf

Man
Russian Federation

Oops, that was my fault. I've replaced archive.

As I see, your default time is 00:00:00, so the timer will not start before you set time.
thanks 1 user thanked elgarf for this useful post.
Issa Ramia on 1/23/2017(UTC)
DWAM  
#227 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2017 5:01:12 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

elgarf wrote:
As I see, your default time is 00:00:00, so the timer will not start before you set time.

Oooops, my mistake this time! In tennis we say DEUCE ! ;o)

Thanks Elgarf, I try it at once
DWAM  
#228 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2017 10:33:16 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Beta version seems perfect, thanks Elgarf...
Re-thinked entirely my UI, now easier to operate, more dynamic functions. Very pleased. I just have to improve my graphics now.

Best regards
Guillaume
screencap04.png (316kb) downloaded 85 time(s).

DWAM  
#229 Posted : Saturday, January 21, 2017 8:03:07 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Hi Elgarf!

Experimenting with ExternalData and Xpath. Is there a full implementation of Xpath features/syntax in vMixUTC?

For example, things like :

/bookstore/book[position()<3]
/bookstore/book[2]

don't seem to work.

Nor other simple syntax like "bookstore/book" which should select all book elements that are children of bookstore (root)

I'm using this reference to learn
http://www.w3schools.com/xml/xpath_syntax.asp

Thanks
Guillaume
elgarf  
#230 Posted : Saturday, January 21, 2017 10:11:29 AM(UTC)
elgarf

Man
Russian Federation

Hi!

It supports standard features for c#. I think it will better to read MSDN.

BTW, I'll try complex queries by yourself later and maybe find solution.

It's all working for me.
This link is link to functiuons.xml from UTC.
https://dl.dropbox.com/s...uu1ehwkiiu/Functions.xml
I've used query below, and it's working pretty good.
Code:
ArrayOfVMixFunctionReference/vMixFunctionReference[position() > 3]
elgarf  
#231 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2017 10:28:57 AM(UTC)
elgarf

Man
Russian Federation

I've added GUID version of UTC, it will become main version after a while.

You must update all your mappings/scripts for using this version.

First post
thanks 2 users thanked elgarf for this useful post.
DWAM on 1/23/2017(UTC), stigaard on 1/23/2017(UTC)
DWAM  
#232 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2017 10:41:15 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

It's working fine. Great improvement!

спасибо

PS : Elgarf, the update period setting for XML data provider don't seem to work. Even if I change the value, it comes back to 1 sec.
DWAM  
#233 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2017 3:04:19 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

This new version with GUID is really cool. It's nice to be able to move things in vMix presets without messing vMixUTC !

I've been trying to experiment with timers for more complex things. Like many people requesting a new feature in vMix for triggers at the end of timers/countdowns, I think it would be nice for vMixUTC aswell. Do you think it's possible to add the ability to have scripts/commands in Timer Widgets so that we can execute things when the time or countdown is over?

As a turnover I tried to do things with SetCountdown function in Buttons (See screencap attached).
It's working pretty well when only one button is active. When I run 2 or 3 buttons at the same time, the final SetText command with an empty value (to hide the text) does not work all the time. I tried several combination (SetImage before or after SetText, add a very short timer (10ms) before the SetText, double the SetText command) but no improvement. Sometimes it works, most of the time it won't...

Also with this method (SetCountdown in buttons) there is no way to pause the timer if there is a timeout in the game. Do you think it's possible to have "Pause" and "Restart" hotkeys in buttons?

Thanks
Guillaume

PS I forgot to ask, is there a way to format the countdown in buttons, like m\:ss in Timers. By defaut SetCountdown function formats like hh\:mm\:ss. Is it possible to change this?
screencap-timers.png (61kb) downloaded 31 time(s).

DWAM  
#234 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2017 3:56:37 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

I think there is a problem with data sources in List Widgets. Datasource dropdown shows absolutely ALL elements in project, not only real Data Sources.
Nevertheless it's working fine.
elgarf  
#235 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2017 11:54:56 PM(UTC)
elgarf

Man
Russian Federation

Data Sources shows all elements, so you can take, for example, text from label widget, etc =) I don't know will it be useful someday, but why not.

I think there is no way to send into vMix countdown format, at least I don't found this command.

I can make ExecLink field for timer, so it will fired after timer ends/paused/stopped. Then you can make button, which will execute script.
DWAM  
#236 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2017 7:03:29 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Quote:
I can make ExecLink field for timer, so it will fired after timer ends/paused/stopped. Then you can make button, which will execute script.

That'd be great! Thanks Elgarf

Quote:
Data Sources shows all elements, so you can take, for example, text from label widget, etc =) I don't know will it be useful someday, but why not.

It's a little confusing at first but even though I still didn't find a way to take advantage of it, as you say, it might be helpul someday ! ;o)

Don't know if you got my email yesterday but there is really a problem with SetImage in Buttons in GUID version.

You can reproduce the problem easily (I wanted to make sure it was not an issue with MY xaml files)

- load any vMix title with an image, I just tried with "NewsHD4.xaml"
- make a button with command "SetImage" mapped to this xaml input and correct image index number as IntValue
- as string value, leave blank (to remove the image) or indicate another image path
- when you click the button, UTC crashes all the time

If you do the same with a List Widget, it works perfectly (so I guess the SetImage definition is ok in functions.xml)
If you do the same with pre-GUID version, it also works fine.

That's it for now, everything else seems to be working perfectly in this new version.

thanks for everything
Guillaume

elgarf  
#237 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2017 8:02:18 AM(UTC)
elgarf

Man
Russian Federation

GUID version updated with bug fixing and timer events.
DWAM  
#238 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2017 10:16:42 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Thanks!

The Timer new controls are Great !!!

A little problem anyway : with the OnSTop trigger, I think the timer should reset automatically because the ExecLink is perfectly executed but when you press manually the stop icon to reset it, the ExecLink is executed a second time.

So, maybe it should be reset by default or maybe you should add (or change it) to something like "OnCompletion" so that it won't do nothing when we press the stop icon for this timer.

This is a very cool new feature anyway ! A lot of potential...

For this problem with SetImage in Buttons, it won't crash UTC anymore (unless you indicate int values out of scope) but I think there is still problem. To make it work (sometimes) you must NOT indicate the correct image index.

For example, vMix API says for title NewsHD4.xaml:

<input key="20c3e12c-393c-4e95-bf4b-76a3c49f6224" number="4" type="Xaml" title="NewsHD4.xaml" state="Paused" position="0" duration="0" loop="False" selectedIndex="0">
NewsHD4.xaml
<text index="0" name="Headline">HEADLINE</text>
<image index="0" name="BackgroundImage">file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/vMix/titles/NewsHD4.xaml.png
</image>

If I use IntValue=0 as it should be, it won't work
If I use IntValue=1, it works

In other XAML with several images (using Zindex in xaml), I have some buttons that work, some that won't. Difficult to understand where the problem is really.
elgarf  
#239 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2017 10:58:26 AM(UTC)
elgarf

Man
Russian Federation

SetImage and SetText in buttons work another way now because they directed to internal UTC state instead of simple vMix web request. So there is no sense between text, image, etc., and indexes begins from 0.

Hmmmm... Timer must reset at the end of interval. Maybe it stays for second in 00:00:00, but then it should reset automatically.
DWAM  
#240 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2017 11:30:13 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Quote:
Timer must reset at the end of interval. Maybe it stays for second in 00:00:00, but then it should reset automatically.

Yes and No...
for a 10 sec countdown for example, yes the clock stops after 10sec, the ExecLink is executed and the play button is clickable again but the Current Time stays at 0. It should come back to the defined duration (10 sec) so that the widget is usable again simply by pressing Play. Currently we must click manually on Stop icon which resets the current duration to 10 sec but it also re-executes the defined ExecLink for OnStop.

Quote:
SetImage and SetText in buttons work another way now because they directed to internal UTC state instead of simple vMix web request. So there is no sense between text, image, etc., and indexes begins from 0.

I'm sorry but I don't understand your answer.
And I also don't understand why some buttons work when I replace or remove an image using index="4" in my xaml, and some won't.