logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
admin  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2016 8:21:45 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4132 time(s) in 1486 post(s)
vMix 17 has been released!

Visit the download page below to download and view all the changes:

http://www.vmix.com/software/download.aspx

Feedback

Please report any bugs or questions in this thread.

Auto Update Note

vMix 17 won't show up through the vMix Update program until sometime after the NAB show.
We thought it was best not to have everybody upgrade while most of our support staff are at the show!

Thanks,

Martin
vMix
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
GeorgeR on 4/11/2016(UTC)
lbgaus  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2016 2:21:52 PM(UTC)
lbgaus

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Hi Martin,

Thanks for the .76 update to fix the Object Reference error. I went to update the new system I am setting up with the release version to test and make sure the problem was gone, but immediately noticed my DeckLink SDI audio was about 1 second behind my video. It seems vMix starts up cold with it playing in sync, over time it drifts.

The Windows audio device is playing audio in sync just fine. A few special things in this scenario...

1. Windows 10 x64 build 10240. vMix version 17.0.0.70. Project is at 1080p59.94. Sending to 2 DeckLink outputs simultaneously.
2. External goes to "DeckLink SDI (1) 1", External 2 goes to "DeckLink SDI (1) 2".
3. Hardware is a DeckLink Duo with only outputs connected. Driver version 10.6.2. External is set to 720p59.94, External 2 is set to 720p59.94.
4. I am seeing a lot of the following in the log file (see attachment)

Updating to 17.0.0.76 now, will let it run and see what happens.

EDIT: This may be a problem with the Blackmagic driver. I have reverted to version 10.1.1 (pre-"Windows 10 support") and it seems to not have this problem...
File Attachment(s):
20160410.31.txt (8kb) downloaded 25 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
GeorgeR  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 1:42:40 AM(UTC)
GeorgeR

Man

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 28 post(s)
I did a Skype test tonight, importing Skype directly into my vMix computer (version 17.0.0.72) with vMix NDI Desktop Capture.

Initial thoughts are, vMix 17 with NDI may require more graphics resources for certain tasks than did vMix 16.

When doing Skypes with vMix 16 (one computer), benchmarks for CPU and render time were always within limits 5-7%. The render time was up to 17-26ms, peeking at 41ms.

Here is a link to the YouTube video is case you would like to view any of it; vMix 17 with NDI Skype Test https://youtu.be/yM27prMF6T4.

The graphic card in my vMix desktop is, ASUS GeForce GTX 750Ti GDDR5 2GB Graphics Card.

~George
desmar  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 5:23:36 PM(UTC)
desmar

Man
Canada

Was thanked: 80 time(s) in 60 post(s)
Same issues here, UWP (Universal Windows Platform) applications only show black screen also...
And Microsoft Outlook 2016 doesn't display properly and if windows are minimized, Local Desktop
Capture are not always visible in the add input option and program name for UWP is labeled
Application Frame Host on Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316 ...

See picture
desmar attached the following image(s):
Capture.PNG (25kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
prass  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2016 9:48:48 AM(UTC)
prass

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello!
I have capture card Blackmagic Design: Intensity Pro 4K and capture one PC with it on 1920 X 1080 NTSC 60p Video format RGB32 with vMix 16.0.0.111 without problems. Now in vMix 17.0.0.76 vMix tell me ''FrameRate is not supported: 60''
Master Frame Rate: NTSC 60p
Output size:1920 X 1080
PC: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
RAM 4X4 GB
Processor Intel I7 - 4970 3.60 Ghz
Display adapter AMD Radeon R9 380
Motherboard Z97X - Gigabyte Gaming G1
Hard: Samsung SSD 850 pro 250 GB
Decklink Duo
Intensity Pro 4K
doggy  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2016 3:07:27 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 913 time(s) in 752 post(s)
Not getting any audio from the webbrowser input.
any hints ?
thanks 1 user thanked doggy for this useful post.
ilovevmix on 8/22/2016(UTC)
lbgaus  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2016 4:18:41 PM(UTC)
lbgaus

Small note... I read somewhere that vMix was modified to save the state of the Fullscreen window in the vMix preset file. However, this conflicts with the Config option to start fullscreen on launch when launching a preset directly instead of just the app. I'm not sure what changes would be better, but deciding on one method or the other would help in the case you want to start a preset without Fullscreen enabled and then enable it through a shortcut later without having to remember to deactivate it before saving any changes you might make to the preset.
SlantFM  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2016 5:45:31 PM(UTC)
SlantFM

Why can I no longer select the area of the desktop that I want to capture? I could in version 16, but not in 17. I have to select either the desktop or one of the applications that is running. When capturing Skype, I would size my capture window down to fit the incoming video. I haven't found any way to do that now. Am I missing something?
GeorgeR  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2016 6:35:14 PM(UTC)
GeorgeR

Man

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 28 post(s)
doggy wrote:
Not getting any audio from the webbrowser input.
any hints ?

doggy this is just a guess. If you are trying to import audio on the same computer you are running vMix on, in the past (vMix 16, you could not import audio sources on the same computer as it would cause an audio loop.
~George

doggy, my bad. Open the NDI settings and click the check for Audio Outputs on the right side of the NDI control panel. Once checked you will have audio with your web pages.
Sorry for the confusion.
~George
JAIRODJ  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2016 6:47:42 PM(UTC)
JAIRODJ

Man

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello, greetings and thank first for this new version of vmix is excellent.

I have a problem, or changed options that automate or is failing vmix.
No Dif- the options triggers entries in ocaciones not appear Duratio in other input or value ... to review it or give me instructions as to use the new version
admin  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2016 9:45:05 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Desmar,

It's not possible to capture universal app windows at this time due to a windows limitation.
You can instead capture the entire screen and crop out the section you want in the input settings
or run it on a separate laptop and use NDI which will crop it automatically.

For NDI thumbnails showing black, these are updated every few seconds or so and may take some time to update
on some systems. However if they are always black then it usually means the source does not support NDI. (perhaps due to an old processor)
admin  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2016 9:45:48 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

JAIRODJ wrote:
Hello, greetings and thank first for this new version of vmix is excellent.

I have a problem, or changed options that automate or is failing vmix.
No Dif- the options triggers entries in ocaciones not appear Duratio in other input or value ... to review it or give me instructions as to use the new version

Duration is only used for transition durations which is why it is not visible on most shortcuts anymore. Maybe what you are looking for is delay?
admin  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2016 9:46:41 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

SlantFM wrote:
Why can I no longer select the area of the desktop that I want to capture? I could in version 16, but not in 17. I have to select either the desktop or one of the applications that is running. When capturing Skype, I would size my capture window down to fit the incoming video. I haven't found any way to do that now. Am I missing something?

vMix now uses GPU acceleration to capture the screen, therefore the crop became unnecessary as
you can now zoom, position, crop etc from the input settings instead which is also GPI accelerated.
desmar  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2016 10:27:33 PM(UTC)
desmar

Man
Canada

Was thanked: 80 time(s) in 60 post(s)
admin wrote:
Desmar,

It's not possible to capture universal app windows at this time due to a windows limitation.
You can instead capture the entire screen and crop out the section you want in the input settings
or run it on a separate laptop and use NDI which will crop it automatically.

For NDI thumbnails showing black, these are updated every few seconds or so and may take some time to update
on some systems. However if they are always black then it usually means the source does not support NDI. (perhaps due to an old processor)

Well, I guess I am going to have to rewrite all my apps I was developing for vMix as they were all UWP... or put them on hold til there's a fix for Windows and NDI..
admin  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2016 10:45:04 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Its not an NDI issue, the local desktop capture works the same as prior versions of vMix.
You could only capture these applications by selecting the display rather than the application.
doggy  
#16 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 3:08:41 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Quote:
Open the NDI settings and click the check for Audio Outputs on the right side of the NDI control panel. Once checked you will have audio with your web pages.
Sorry for the confusion.
~George

Thank you George

While the audio output was checked, unchecking and resetting it did fix it
doggy  
#17 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 3:12:55 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Little BUG when selectng browser input ?

when I want to select a web browser input I imidiatly get a "illigal character in path" error.
Closing this input can continue but I can not switch to another input If I wanted to. That is I can click on it and it turns green n but it does not respond to its appropriate form

SlantFM  
#18 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 8:19:20 AM(UTC)
SlantFM

admin wrote:
SlantFM wrote:

vMix now uses GPU acceleration to capture the screen, therefore the crop became unnecessary as
you can now zoom, position, crop etc from the input settings instead which is also GPI accelerated.

Seems to make it more difficult to set the shot up then. To me, it's so much easier to actually have the red outlined box and to be able to grab the corner anchor points and size everything that way. Using sliders to zoom or crop is the same way Wirecast does it and it's a pain also.
admin  
#19 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 4:29:54 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

A drag and drop crop feature was planned for 17 but didn't make the release deadline, but hopefully one of the updates to 17
to come in the next few months will have it.
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
madness on 4/15/2016(UTC)
lbgaus  
#20 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 1:08:01 PM(UTC)
lbgaus

I seem to be noticing a problem in vMix 17 where you cannot add a Decklink input at 720p60, 59.94 works but 60 gives a "FrameRate Not Supported" error. Reverting back to vMix 16 resolved the problem.

Thanks!