logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
xbamaris  
#41 Posted : Monday, February 29, 2016 1:13:57 PM(UTC)
xbamaris

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
admin wrote:
Hi guys,

There appears to be a recent update called the Windows 10 November Update
that is causing blue screen crashes to occur on systems with NVIDIA graphics when running graphically intensive software such as vMix.
(A lot of reports of games having the same issue as well)

For many users this update has only been installed in the past month or so causing an increase in problems being reported.

I initially though this bug was caused by vMix 17 as that is when I started seeing it for myself.
(For what its worth Windows 10 has actually been pretty smooth sailing on our own systems up until now..).

We have submitted an emergency support request with both Microsoft and NVIDIA to hopefully get this issue resolved very soon.

If you are seeing high CPU, that is an unrelated issue that you can narrow down the source for in Task Manager.
If it is "System and compressed memory" that means it could be a driver, possibly a capture card driver that does not like the November update either.
Since we aren't seeing this issue internally, if you are able to email us to setup TeamViewer I have some diagnostic tools to find the specific driver at fault.

Regards,

Martin
vMix

Martin -

I too had this issue but found out two solutions, one of which isn't a "good" solution but does work.

One solution to the BSOD regarding the DXGMMS2.sys is rolling back the NVIDIA drivers to 347.88

Second solution is upgrading to the Fast Builds of the Insider Preview.

The second solution, however, has an issue with FFMPEG which will cause streams to crash every few minutes from a file called d3dim700.dll

The fix for this is to copy the d3dim700.dll file from the CURRENT (non beta) Windows 10 build which is saved if you upgrade in Windows.Old in the Windows/SysWOW64 folder to the vMix/Streaming folder as that is the folder that contains ffmpeg that vMix comes with.

Currently on build 14267 and no crashes.

madness  
#42 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 2:21:21 PM(UTC)
madness

Man

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 29 post(s)
I had to rebuild my system this past weekend. Messed up the dual boot to both Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, and couldn't recover from my partition images...

So... Fresh install of both and now correctly configured to dual boot.

As instructed by another poster, this appears to have solved my windows 10 render times and FPS issues.

For the time being, everything is purring along nicely. Just have to get everything else back on that system I use on a daily basis.

I too suffered at one time, the dxgmms2.sys BSOD that xbamaris mentions until a recent update, but then I suffered the high render times and low frame rates until I updated the driver, basically on a daily basis.

I do hope Martin, that your request to Microsoft is resolved quickly. Honestly though I don't think they are too concerned about it.
GeorgeR  
#43 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 3:39:34 PM(UTC)
GeorgeR

Man

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Guess anything is worth a try to resolve the Windows 10 CPU issue.
@WindowsSupport on Twitter tweeted me back on the question about high CPU stress in Windows 10.
Hi! Take a look at Santosh's post here http://msft.it/6011BddTx ~ for info on how to resolve this issue.
~George
admin  
#44 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 4:30:36 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Great news! The latest updates released today for Windows 10 resolves the dxgmms2.sys issue and may resolve other issues as well.

The updates are:

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3140743)
Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3139907)

thanks 4 users thanked admin for this useful post.
ask on 3/3/2016(UTC), madness on 3/3/2016(UTC), Cpilcher on 3/3/2016(UTC), GeorgeR on 3/3/2016(UTC)
corporatejames  
#45 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 7:12:29 PM(UTC)
corporatejames

Man
Australia

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 62 post(s)
admin wrote:
Great news! The latest updates released today for Windows 10 resolves the dxgmms2.sys issue and may resolve other issues as well.

The updates are:

Thanks guys just saw that on the Nvidia forums and about to do upgrade to latest build to confirm.
Will confirm later today.
corporatejames  
#46 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 8:52:37 PM(UTC)
corporatejames

Man
Australia

corporatejames wrote:
admin wrote:

The updates are:

Thanks guys just saw that on the Nvidia forums and about to do upgrade to latest build to confirm.
Will confirm later today.

Hi guys

After downloading the latest build and installing to 1511 with both those updates.
I can confirm that it fixed the dxgmms2.sys BSOD error and so far no further crashes.....at the moment ;) .....touch wood.

But do still have issue with internal Intel HD 4600 driver control panel not working
use this with my Nvidia GTX 980ti to give me a virtual monitor or extra hdmi out port. People have reported this previously but
didn't do much research on as I was following the dxgmms2.sys issue.

Will also see how the performance is over next week or so.

----Update---
Fixed the Intel HD 4600 control panel issue with reinstalling the motherboard ASUS z97 deluxe video driver again
and updated successfully. Both Nvidia and on board Intel HD working normally again
thanks 2 users thanked corporatejames for this useful post.
sinc747 on 3/4/2016(UTC), MartinJudkins on 3/5/2016(UTC)
corporatejames  
#47 Posted : Saturday, March 5, 2016 6:06:50 PM(UTC)
corporatejames

Man
Australia

Hi Guys

Its been 2 days since I updated to latest build 1511 applied updates for March of Windows 10
and I have had no further issues. CPU and Memory seems to be running well. Most important no BSOD.
Vmix running well. Tried 1080p HD stream and record and didn't notice and additional increases in CPU or Memory.

Onwards and upwards now.

Just reminder to anyone with drivers being updated
please use this tool to hind updates to the devices that you require to manually install drivers from the manufacturer.
Show or hide updates troubleshooter
Run it and select the devices that you don't want updates. Make sure you have your driver installed before running it
as it won't detect the Microsoft version of the driver when it is checking which hardware needs updating and providing you
with a list of those devices with a tick box to hide the update.
LAJDigital  
#48 Posted : Sunday, March 6, 2016 1:22:03 AM(UTC)
LAJDigital

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I have been doing a lot of testing on this update and so far i am having no blue screen issues so far. Going to be trying it on the MMA event i'm switching on tonight. Wish me luck. (yes I do like to live dangerously)
LAJDigital  
#49 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2016 12:16:41 AM(UTC)
LAJDigital

Ok recroded at 720p 50f along with 2 outputs and 1 camera instant replay. Had a few drop frames here and there but everything worked well :)
jpeg2RAW  
#50 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2016 7:57:13 PM(UTC)
jpeg2RAW

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Does this mean that it's now safe to upgrade to Windows 10? My production machine is still running Windows 7 and the only reason I have been holding off on upgrading is the issues with vMix.
madness  
#51 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2016 8:41:37 PM(UTC)
madness

Man

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Since, I reloaded windows 10 from scratch, I have not had a single issue with it. I had loaded windows 8.1 on a new SSD, and planned on using it for my production system, but turns out I haven't used it at all. It's nothing more than a backup now.
jpeg2RAW  
#52 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2016 8:15:24 PM(UTC)
jpeg2RAW

I made the jump to Windows 10 on my production machine this weekend and immediately had issues. Some crazy process called "System and Compressed Memory" would immediately jump to 12%-15% of the CPU when vMix was launched and would never settle down. After hours of research that lead to no improvements, I decided to start with a fresh profile, or what ever it is called. No shots loaded except for the 2 blanks you start off with. Then I started recreating shots one by one. When I got to my first C920 webcam System and Compressed Memory process jumped to 6%+ and then when I loaded the 2nd C920, it jumped to 12%+. I could repeat this over and over again.

I was brining the C920's in at 1280x720, NTSC 30p and RGB24, which was the default I guess because it's not something I picked, but it also never gave me issues before with Windows 7. Once I changed them to MJPG, System and Compressed Memory process went down to 1% or less with both C920's loaded.

Last night was our first show (which was over an hour) since upgrading to vMix 17 and Windows 10. Not a single problem, other than my mistakes, during the entire show and the CPU remained around 40% - 50% most of the time.
thanks 1 user thanked jpeg2RAW for this useful post.
avid_liquid on 11/21/2017(UTC)
admin  
#53 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2016 10:30:15 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
One important thing to note is "System and Compressed Memory" is what all the hardware drivers are counted under CPU wise.
So if the webcam is converting from some compressed format to RGB24 for example, that process is going to show the CPU needed to decode. (depending on where in the chain the hardware does the processing, in the driver or in the software)

As MJPEG will just be copying the video directly from the camera, the CPU usage there is naturally a bit lower.

On Windows 8.1 and lower "System and Compressed Memory" was previously called "System".
jpeg2RAW  
#54 Posted : Saturday, May 14, 2016 9:36:17 PM(UTC)
jpeg2RAW

Thanks for the info. I don't remember "System" taking up as much CPU under Windows 7, but I can't be sure or even check it out now since I am 100% Windows 10. What I do know is that under Windows 7, with vMix running and my standard shots loaded, but no streaming or recording, my i7 3770k system would be around 20% or lower total CPU (per Task Manager). Under the same conditions in Windows 10 it was running over 40% and sometimes hitting 50%. Maybe I have something else wrong as well and will keep looking. Want to make this system last a little longer before building a new one.
thanks 1 user thanked jpeg2RAW for this useful post.
avid_liquid on 11/21/2017(UTC)
Kelvin  
#55 Posted : Thursday, August 4, 2016 10:28:04 PM(UTC)
Kelvin

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Anybody tested Windows 10 Anniversary Update yet?
RoboST  
#56 Posted : Friday, August 5, 2016 11:34:06 AM(UTC)
RoboST

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Kelvin wrote:
Anybody tested Windows 10 Anniversary Update yet?

I've upgraded 4 of our computers so far.

the issue I have encountered on both computers running vmix 106 is the BCC950 webcam (first input) says offline when loading the profile so no picture (and audio seems to have been lost on the 2nd computer for the first Input to when the profile is loaded). When the old Profile is loaded, 'Offline' is added in front of BCC950 ConferenceCam Input Title ("Offline BCC950 ConferenceCam").

I had to go back and do a 'Change' on that input resetting the camera and audio

Any reason why that would happen?
RoboST  
#57 Posted : Saturday, August 6, 2016 1:51:49 PM(UTC)
RoboST

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I'm experiencing lower overall cpu usage after installing the Win10 Anniversary Update, around 10-15% which is significant. Nothing else has changed, same FMLE streaming settings, same vMix settings (except I had to update/change the BCC950 webcam for the Input in the Profile after the update).. same everything else.

Anyone else experiencing better performance after the Update?

LAJDigital  
#58 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2016 11:06:27 PM(UTC)
LAJDigital

Did a MMA event on the weekend, it did feel a bit more faster but that can be subjective. Nothing major broke so im all happy.
corporatejames  
#59 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2016 9:00:46 AM(UTC)
corporatejames

Man
Australia

Hi guys. I tried the August anniversary update and I'm getting the dxgmms2.sys error bsod with vmix again similar to the november update. Was fixed with update in february/March.

Have tried a few versions of Nvidia drivers but have had to roll back to previous win10 build as I event again a week.

Man Windows 10 is the worst OS for issues I have seen. Even had to disable Windows updates so I don't wake up the next day with something broken. Even just taking pc to event and turning back on I had boot issues that had resolve quickly.

Will try again in few weeks. Let us know if any one else is getting problems.
jpeg2RAW  
#60 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2016 12:15:29 PM(UTC)
jpeg2RAW

I just installed the anniversary update and now neither of my C920 webcams can be added using the MJPG video format like they were before the update. Looks like the only format supported now is YUY2. Also, not sure if this was there before and I just didn't notice it, but there is a process running called Windows Camera Frame Server and it's using over 2% CPU when I have both my C920 added to vix.

Found this article which seems to confirm the problem with USB cameras and the MJPG format. https://www.mgraves.org/...sb-camera-functionality/