logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DeeJay  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 3, 2014 12:48:43 PM(UTC)
DeeJay

Groups: Registered
Germany

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hi Martin,

I love the Color-Management to categorize the inputs.
But maybe you could even take it further with a little tuning.
By clicking the color on the very left end of the inputs, vMix shows all those inputs with the same color I just picked.
I would love to have kind of tick boxes so that I also have the chance to see all inputs BUT the green ones for example.
I produce live sports with vMix and so I do get a lot of highlight clips and the it can get very confusing when you have so many inputs. So I would like to fade those out, I don't want to see at that time.

Happy new year,
Daniel
Innomedia  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 3, 2014 2:09:17 PM(UTC)
Innomedia

Man

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 10 post(s)
+1
Very good guess and extremely useful in live sports (my business, too). Sometimes you need two or three categories at a time and want to skip the rest. Input management by color categories is a great feature that helps a lot.

Let me add another wish at this topic: it would be much more convenient to determine the color category directly when selecting the source at AddInput. Just pick the color when choosing the source and you are done. It is sometimes a little bit complicated to change the color type. When you have let´s say 30 or more open inputs (easy in live sports) and add another one. You have to go all the way down to the last input and select the color type there. Some sources (like Capture or Video Delay) can not be added by drag & drop to the corresponding color type and for this cases it would be a great improvement.

Happy new year to all vMix users and especially to Martin and the whole developer team.

Karsten
krassesPferd  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 4, 2014 6:43:50 PM(UTC)
krassesPferd

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
+1
This feature could be useful in my sports productions. It would be very comfortable to have highlights (red category) and capture-inputs (green) on the screen without being disturbed by many commercials (yellow). So you only have everything on the screen you really need in this situation and nothing more.
Regards,
Yannick
richardgatarski  
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 9, 2014 4:34:14 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
+1
To facilitate backwards compatibility I suggest that a category is ticked/unticked by a right-click in the category button. And a right-click in the top category button (grey) would tick all categories on.
admin  
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 9, 2014 4:55:59 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4136 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
I imagine it would have to be a sixth button you can right click to see a checkbox menu of each colour that would
appear in that category.
richardgatarski  
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 9, 2014 5:38:54 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
admin wrote:
I imagine it would have to be a sixth button you can right click to see a checkbox menu of each colour that would appear in that category.

Not sure if I understand. Do you mean a sixth button with a right click to see a checkbox menu of each colour (category) that would appear if that button is selected? (If so I would not call that a "category", it's rather a meta category). The advantage which such a button would be that the ordering of the selected categories would also mean that the included inputs will always appear in the same order. If two or more category buttons are right clicked in different order, then that would affect the input ordering.

I might add that I think a right-click on one of the four "normal" category buttons should toggle it on/off. Not offer a checkbox that then should be clicked on/off (which means an extra click).