logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Damn2Good4U  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2013 1:20:01 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Hi,

Could Martin have a look at integrating a WebRTC function into vMix as an Input? I think its a killer app to bring in remote broadcaster/guest into vMix directly with the elimination of using skype or other screen capture means

WebRTC is a free, open project that enables web browsers with Real-Time Communications (RTC) capabilities via simple Javascript APIs and its an initiative project supported by Google, Mozilla and Opera. Please read more here http://www.webrtc.org/faq#TOC-What-is-WebRTC-

Regards,
Rottimmy

thanks 1 user thanked Damn2Good4U for this useful post.
sinc747 on 5/5/2015(UTC)
Egriswold  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 9, 2014 11:43:51 AM(UTC)
Egriswold

Man
United States

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 32 post(s)
+1
Damn2Good4U  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 2, 2014 2:40:17 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

I sure do believe its going to be a very good leap for vMix...
admin  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 2, 2014 3:01:14 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
I think it is early days for WebRTC but it is certainly something I am interested in integrating
once the software and browser support becomes a bit more stable.

The key thing to remember though is the difficulty in setting up a workable audio setup from a single PC.
Without an external mixer it becomes difficult to route the audio without feedback etc.

If you guys could perhaps discuss amongst yourselves and even build a graphical schematic
of what video sources you would want sent to the caller and what audio sources would be needed I can take it from there!

Regards,

Martin
vMix
thanks 3 users thanked admin for this useful post.
sinc747 on 5/2/2014(UTC), atpt on 5/4/2014(UTC), mjgraves on 1/17/2017(UTC)
watchfulone  
#5 Posted : Saturday, May 3, 2014 11:13:47 AM(UTC)
watchfulone

Man

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 14 post(s)
admin wrote:
I think it is early days for WebRTC but it is certainly something I am interested in integrating
once the software and browser support becomes a bit more stable.

The key thing to remember though is the difficulty in setting up a workable audio setup from a single PC.
Without an external mixer it becomes difficult to route the audio without feedback etc.

If you guys could perhaps discuss amongst yourselves and even build a graphical schematic
of what video sources you would want sent to the caller and what audio sources would be needed I can take it from there!

Regards,

Martin
vMix

Guys when Martin gives an opportunity like this run with it.
hassan yaghi  
#6 Posted : Monday, May 5, 2014 5:43:54 PM(UTC)
hassan yaghi

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
hello i just wanna share something to let you know .

when you goto https://apprtc.appspot.com/?r=74399449
you see those numbers after the ?r example https://apprtc.appspot.com/?r=74399449
you can change those number to put text or whatever you want
for example :https://apprtc.appspot.com/?r=vmix.com.au

and send this link to the other person you wanna connect with , this link will be private between you and him , also you can make the link more complicated like

https://apprtc.appspot.c...8dtg9a786dt9as6tda97s6dt

so the thing is that you can customize your own link , so this is an extra option you can have .
make your own key ..

hope this helps too and hope this will be considered in any application to run WebRTC you can put your every own string after the /?r

regards

drjoeblack  
#7 Posted : Sunday, May 11, 2014 8:51:44 AM(UTC)
drjoeblack

atpt wrote:
If we want that Martin develops some kind of VMIX/WebRTC integration we need other contributions.

No, we do not want that. A system where Martin does all the work does not make economic sense - I assume he has yet not cloned himself!

The better option is to produce a plugin system with documentation - Here's a starting point: https://obsproject.com/f...es/categories/plugins.3/ -- to leverage the huge number of developers out there who would be prepared to assist for free (or for very little)

vMix plugins would be fantastic for:
* Titles - instead of the vb interface
* Additional Inputs
* Extending the web interface
* providing bonus features - such as a "PTZ control overlay"
Damn2Good4U  
#8 Posted : Monday, May 12, 2014 10:22:22 AM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

drjoeblack wrote:
atpt wrote:
If we want that Martin develops some kind of VMIX/WebRTC integration we need other contributions.

No, we do not want that. A system where Martin does all the work does not make economic sense - I assume he has yet not cloned himself!

The better option is to produce a plugin system with documentation - Here's a starting point: https://obsproject.com/f...es/categories/plugins.3/ -- to leverage the huge number of developers out there who would be prepared to assist for free (or for very little)

vMix plugins would be fantastic for:
* Titles - instead of the vb interface
* Additional Inputs
* Extending the web interface
* providing bonus features - such as a "PTZ control overlay"

Getting Developers to build addons or plugin would extend the the additional functionality of vMix and I am in a total support of DrJoeBlack opinion, while Martin concentrate on other important areas such as CPU usages and durability.
thomas  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2015 5:36:15 PM(UTC)
thomas

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
And now new Livestream has integrated webRTC in their product:http://help.livestream.com/customer/portal/articles/1928773-how-to-use-live-interview-in-livestream-studio

Looks interesting!
sinc747  
#10 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2015 12:51:24 AM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 160 post(s)
A stand alone product called Live-to-Air by Gnural Net (www.gnuralnet.com) works in a similar fashion with up to 4 video callers. The video callers can be "parked" in a virtual green room where they can be chat amongst themselves while waiting their turn to go live.

I am not advocating that vMix add this exact functionality, but rather i am sharing this to illustrate that this is a viable feature. As Thomas pointed out, Livestream has added this feature and I expect that Telestream/Wirecast and VidBlaster will be looking at this, too.

Adding WebRTC functionality into vMix would simplify the process of integrating a "Skype" guest into a broadcast especially the tricky audio part.

This function like Instant Replay could be the foundation of a talk show Edition of vMix... vMix TalkShow, anybody?
vedranius  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2015 5:14:40 PM(UTC)
vedranius

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
+1
And still no news about implementing something like this? Or any other alternatives? Thanks
admin  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2015 7:03:46 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
I have been investigating WebRTC for quite some time.
I think it is now mature enough that it should seriously be considered for vMix 16.

The only challenge is this is a big project development wise, so it would likely be the only
new feature in vMix 16 (along with ASIO support).

So what do you guys think, is it worth it?
thanks 2 users thanked admin for this useful post.
ON.tv Channels on 5/6/2015(UTC), PFBM on 5/13/2015(UTC)
ON.tv Channels  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2015 1:23:42 AM(UTC)
ON.tv Channels

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
IMHO this is a 'must' have to keep ahead of the game! Go for it Martin!
richardgatarski  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2015 4:05:18 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
I definitely think it would be worth it!

admin wrote:

Absolutely, which adds to the usefulness of ASIO support. And, sorry to nag about this, the possibility to delay video sources (sub second) in order to compensate for USB latency when audio is sent out and then back into vMix.

For many productions (eg talk shows with remote guests) the remote communcation is setup before the show starts. But we have found it very important to sometimes be able to connect/disconnect remote participants during the show. Which means checking audio and video with the remote guest before she or he goes live. This further complicates the audio setup. Our solution is to have a totally separate PC for Skype. Actually, not sure if it at all would be doable on the vMix PC with Skype/webRTC (considering the mouse/keyboard control). In any case, as I said, for MANY productions simple webRTC integration would be great.
PFBM  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2015 4:16:07 PM(UTC)
PFBM

Man

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 30 post(s)
admin wrote:
I think it is now mature enough that it should seriously be considered for vMix 16.

The only challenge is this is a big project development wise, so it would likely be the only

Hi Martin :)

Asio Support ? GREAT !!!

64 bit VST3 ? ;) That would be The best !!!

Cheers,

PFBM
Damn2Good4U  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2015 5:17:23 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

admin wrote:

100% in support of this.. 2 major update is good enough...

Martin Sinclair rocks......................................
pba  
#17 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2015 4:41:36 PM(UTC)
pba

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 20 post(s)
WebRTC integration is getting more and more important for us. Now this is a really missing thing. More and more client ask me about this, we do many webinars, video conferences. I'm really curious what can we expect about webrtc integration. If it will be available in the near future, I don't spend too much time and money for a workaround solutions...
sinc747  
#18 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2017 12:34:40 PM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

admin wrote:

Reviving this dusty old thread for some more attention. Based on the number of views this thread has received (over 8K), I think it's a real need.

I did a show yesterday about adding a Zoom/Skype Guest into vMix from a 2nd PC (similar to a vMix Tutorial on the same subject) and I was reminded how complicated it was... and it could be so easy.

So, let's talk this up and see if we can't get more support for this idea. I think its time has come.

- Tom

BTW - if you'd like to see how I did the Zoom Guest thing, here it is.
DWAM  
#19 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2017 5:57:01 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
WebRTC integration?

Let's define "integration" first...

If integration is the ability to use WebRTC in vMix, we already have it since the very first day WbRTC existed. Basically it is as easy as using Skype or Zoom. We only need to open the WebRTC service in a browser page and connect vMix i/o to this page. That's it! It might even work directly with vMix internal Web Browser input!

If integration means vMix becomes a WebRTC server for clients to connect to, I think it's stupid. First because it is a professional "Video Switcher" and not a piece of software that pretends to do anything (for geeks). And I like it this way. But also because it would mean that vMix would become a WEB server (not only for remote management) for clients to connect to FROM the internet with all the security risks it implies. Not even speaking of routing issues, of sessions management, of bandwidth, of STUN and NAT issues and of the numerous considerations a web server has to handle. And WebRTC also means a lot of specific video and audio encoding, specific yes cause it may look alike but it's not the same audio codecs and the same video encoding profiles/codecs... And what happens if this WebRTC server fails? You have to close vMix in the middle of your production... Argh!

If you still want or need your own WebRTC service on your network?
https://www.google.fr/se...?q=install+webrtc+server
sinc747  
#20 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2017 7:06:25 PM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

@DWAM - love that you think that Skype & Zoom are easy to work with in vMix. Working with those weekly I find them cumbersome at best and very difficult to teach to others. The twists and turns of virtual audio cables, for example, are very intimidating for newbies (and some of us oldies).

I'm not advocating having WebRTC built-in to vMix but rather have the ability in vMix to bring in a WebRTC conversation, video & audio, simply by adding an input. All of the audio/video connections would be magically taken care of. Similar in feature and function to NewTek's Talk Show, but all on one PC. So, integration, yes. Client, no.

- Tom