logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cacooley  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 8:47:22 PM(UTC)
cacooley

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Has anyone gotten vMix to work with a Hikvision PTZ? I am using 2 of the DS-2DF5220S-DE4/W at our church. They work great and are reasonably priced for what they offer. I would rather have PTZ control through vMix instead of a web browser or joystick like I am currently using. Here are the specs of the camera off of the USA web site. http://www.hikvision.com...ducts_1_10566_i8493.html . Please let me know if anyone has had any luck interfacing with Hikvision.
Thanks
DWAM  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2017 8:45:55 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Your link doesn't seem to work

Is this the one :
http://www.hikvision.com...ducts_1_10566_i8493.html
cacooley  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2017 8:25:32 PM(UTC)
cacooley

DWAM wrote:
Your link doesn't seem to work

Is this the one :
http://www.hikvision.com...ducts_1_10566_i8493.html

Yes that is the one
cacooley  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2017 2:34:37 PM(UTC)
cacooley

cacooley wrote:
Has anyone gotten vMix to work with a Hikvision PTZ? I am using 2 of the DS-2DF5220S-DE4/W at our church. They work great and are reasonably priced for what they offer. I would rather have PTZ control through vMix instead of a web browser or joystick like I am currently using. Here are the specs of the camera off of the USA web site. http://www.hikvision.com...ducts_1_10566_i8493.html . Please let me know if anyone has had any luck interfacing with Hikvision.
Thanks

Does anyone have any input on using this with vMix???
SportsNetUSA.net  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2017 4:09:25 PM(UTC)
SportsNetUSA.net

Was thanked: 123 time(s) in 115 post(s)
From the vMix User Guide:

Quote:

PTZ Optics cameras and and other cameras that support the VISCA over UDP protocol such as ValueHD.

What does the manual for the DS-2DF5220S-DE4/W say in regards to this?
cacooley  
#6 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2017 5:12:25 PM(UTC)
cacooley

SportsNetUSA.net wrote:

Quote:

PTZ Optics cameras and and other cameras that support the VISCA over UDP protocol such as ValueHD.

Here is what I found in the spec sheet. Please see attached PIC of Spec sheet with highlighted areas. I may have to call them tomorrow and see what I can find out about Visca over UDP.
cacooley attached the following image(s):
Ptz Camera.png (285kb) downloaded 47 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
onio  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2017 9:20:25 AM(UTC)
onio

cacooley wrote:
SportsNetUSA.net wrote:

Quote:

Here is what I found in the spec sheet. Please see attached PIC of Spec sheet with highlighted areas. I may have to call them tomorrow and see what I can find out about Visca over UDP.

Its expensive did you tested any cheapest PTS or any camera?
cacooley  
#8 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2017 10:14:53 AM(UTC)
cacooley

onio wrote:
cacooley wrote:
SportsNetUSA.net wrote:

Quote:

Its expensive did you tested any cheapest PTS or any camera?

I actually have 2 of these cameras now just trying to enhance the use through Vmix. I am a dealer for Hikvision so I got these at a very low price and work great so far.
Gordon  
#9 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2017 9:05:23 AM(UTC)
Gordon

I am new to whole topic of cameras and video setups, but I have just installed a new video system in my church. I am fascinated as to how you managed to get your Hikvision cameras to work with vMix. I have two Hikvision DS-2DE4220IW-D cameras which I am trying to get to work with vMix and a Hikvision DS-1005KI Joystick. Ideally I would like to program the 3 F-Keys to select a camera to control directly through vMix but I can't get vMix to recognise the cameras in the PTZ settings. Any ideas?
wwdv  
#10 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2017 1:07:28 PM(UTC)
wwdv

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 15 post(s)
With the correct rtsp command you can access the camera in vMix.

See this link

The DS-2DF5220S is not in the list, but maybe it works with another DS-2DF camera command.
Gordon  
#11 Posted : Sunday, February 12, 2017 6:10:29 AM(UTC)
Gordon

wwdv wrote:

See this link

The DS-2DF5220S is not in the list, but maybe it works with another DS-2DF camera command.

Thank you. Just to clarify, I can use the cameras with vMix, they are working perfectly. It is just that I want to be able to control the cameras with the Joystick from within vMix. In otherwords when I have cameras in the preview window I want to ba able to position them with the joystick before making them live. At present I have to use the iVMS software that came with the cameras and joystick as a seperate application to position the cameras.

Thanks
cacooley  
#12 Posted : Sunday, February 12, 2017 9:26:30 AM(UTC)
cacooley

Gordon wrote:
wwdv wrote:

See this link

Thank you. Just to clarify, I can use the cameras with vMix, they are working perfectly. It is just that I want to be able to control the cameras with the Joystick from within vMix. In otherwords when I have cameras in the preview window I want to ba able to position them with the joystick before making them live. At present I have to use the iVMS software that came with the cameras and joystick as a seperate application to position the cameras.

Thanks

Gordon. You are using a similar setup as me but with a different keyboard. Your models are different than mine in the US but the same idea. I don't think you will be able to get the keyboard to control through vMix. From what I understand PTZ control for them is done via VISCA over UDP. It is a specific protocol that Hikvision is using to control through iVMS software. iVMS is also very processor intensive so be careful of how much resources you will be using having that running along with vMix. Does your PTZ have RS232 or RS485 control connection as well? If so I would change controllers to like what I have( http://www.hikvision.com...ducts_1_10654_i8639.html ) and do a wired connection to the PTZ directly to the keyboard. That way no other software has to be running and you have complete control of the PTZ, presets etc. Then use shortcut commands on the PC keyboard for video switching.

On a side note. I am assuming you are bringing in the video into vMix using RTSP? If so how has the quality been and did you have much problem syncing the audio?
wwdv  
#13 Posted : Sunday, February 12, 2017 12:16:53 PM(UTC)
wwdv

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Is the PTZ feature in vMix working with the Hikvision camera?
In that case you can use a joystick or xbox controller to control the camera.
See the helpfile.
Gordon  
#14 Posted : Sunday, February 12, 2017 1:57:04 PM(UTC)
Gordon

cacooley wrote:
Gordon wrote:
wwdv wrote:

See this link

Thanks

Gordon. You are using a similar setup as me but with a different keyboard. Your models are different than mine in the US but the same idea. I don't think you will be able to get the keyboard to control through vMix. From what I understand PTZ control for them is done via VISCA over UDP. It is a specific protocol that Hikvision is using to control through iVMS software. iVMS is also very processor intensive so be careful of how much resources you will be using having that running along with vMix. Does your PTZ have RS232 or RS485 control connection as well? If so I would change controllers to like what I have( http://www.hikvision.com...ducts_1_10654_i8639.html ) and do a wired connection to the PTZ directly to the keyboard. That way no other software has to be running and you have complete control of the PTZ, presets etc. Then use shortcut commands on the PC keyboard for video switching.

On a side note. I am assuming you are bringing in the video into vMix using RTSP? If so how has the quality been and did you have much problem syncing the audio?

First of all thanks and I realise that iVMS is VERY resource intensive, so much so that I have it on a seperate Laptop to the system running vMix. I think the cameras do have the ability to connect via serial, just have a problem running cables to them due to their location in church. The larger Joystick/Keyboard was an alternative I considered but the budget just wouldn't stretch that far.
I did connect the cameras using RTSP and the quality is great. Even in low light conditions I am very pleased with the output. I don't use audio from the cameras, but syncing the audio is a problem.
Gordon
Gordon  
#15 Posted : Sunday, February 12, 2017 1:58:51 PM(UTC)
Gordon

wwdv wrote:
Is the PTZ feature in vMix working with the Hikvision camera?
In that case you can use a joystick or xbox controller to control the camera.
See the helpfile.

No the PTZ feature in vMix is not working as I can't get the Hikvision cameras to connect with the default cameras in settings.