logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
HWL1223  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2017 4:25:39 PM(UTC)
HWL1223

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I can stream to my FB account. -> Log in to my FB account, go to Publishing Tools -> Video Library -> +Live. You are given a stream URL (FB) and a unique, one-time key, and you can add titles, etc. Then you "go". The URL and key are entered into the streaming encoder....along with any tech parameters.
Anyone can view it on my biz page if it is made public.

Client gives me an URL and key for his event. Tells me to log in on MY personal page, do the above and then put in his URL & key, then Tag him. But I cannot change the URL and key. (or tag).

Any help? Thanks
jhill0224  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 22, 2017 11:24:17 AM(UTC)
jhill0224

HWL wrote:
I can stream to my FB account. -> Log in to my FB account, go to Publishing Tools -> Video Library -> +Live. You are given a stream URL (FB) and a unique, one-time key, and you can add titles, etc. Then you "go". The URL and key are entered into the streaming encoder....along with any tech parameters.
Anyone can view it on my biz page if it is made public.

Client gives me an URL and key for his event. Tells me to log in on MY personal page, do the above and then put in his URL & key, then Tag him. But I cannot change the URL and key. (or tag).

Any help? Thanks

I've pretty sure FB will not override that, based on tests I've done. What I would suggest you do, is create a dummy facebook user (i.e. Joe Insurance)... have the client make you an "editor" on that page. Then you will have access from VMix to log in as the dummy facebook user, you will then see the page and be able to go live.
DWAM  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 22, 2017 11:36:25 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
I lately could use my personal FB account to stream to my client's FB page after he added me as an administrator to his page.

Hope this helps
Guillaume
Mari  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 22, 2017 12:08:51 PM(UTC)
Mari

Netherlands

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 14 post(s)
You don't have to create a dummy facebook-account, just make shure your are added as administrator on the page on which you have to stream. I'm "admin" on several pages, on all of them I'm able to livestream.

Another option is that your livestream is shared on the page...
HWL1223  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2017 2:16:25 AM(UTC)
HWL1223

Man

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
thank you all - I have found these issues true too...log into any account, and then make the owner of the account that wants the stream make you an editor or admin. Then you can publish on their pages and remain anonymous.

Also found that FB issues a key once per stream; that is once you stop or drop the stream you must get a new key! Therefore do your log into FB via browser on the same machine as vMix.

To me, FB live streaming is therefore not robust enough for business use...

Also, Ive been using it as an RTMP service.....not as the FB service (which also requires log in).