logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages«<23456>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
corporatejames  
#61 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2016 2:57:52 AM(UTC)
corporatejames

Groups: Registered
Man
Australia

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 62 post(s)
Not entirely sure the master audio was not active but the audio metre next to cut/fade was not visable.

Didn't have a chance to check what else could make it freeze but only occured on latest dot release of vmix when having several xml data sources. Same preset why no data sources can run for 2 hours with out issue. But it is random. All good as still playing. I have the full suite of my tv xaml titles running from the xml sources including all images. So can be customised completely depending on the Game ID that can be different leagues/competitions graphics. Great job.
alt10  
#62 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2016 5:45:25 AM(UTC)
alt10

admin wrote:
alt10 wrote:
I'm experiencing issues when trying to connect to a Panasonic AW-HE40 PZT camera.
Everything works fine in v17. In v18 I'm getting "error 400 Bad Request"

Could you try updating your cameras firmware as per instructions below:
http://eww.pass.panasoni...2main/soft/upghe40_e.htm

The cameras are running latest firmware, v1.48.
thinkcustom  
#63 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2016 5:12:13 PM(UTC)
thinkcustom

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I think I found an Activator Bug with the APC Mini. LED doesn't return to "default" state if its set to "off". A color default state seams to work just fine. This seems to affect the following events: Streaming, External and Recording.

:::First Test:::
Activators Programmed as such-
1.. Ch 1:8, Event: External, Type: AKAI APCmini Square LED "Green"
2.. Ch 1:8, Event: Default, Type: Off
From the start, light is off. turn on external output- light goes green. Turn off External output - light stays green.

:::Second test:::
Activators Programmed as such-
1.. Ch 1:8, Event: External, Type: AKAI APCmini Square LED "Green"
2.. Ch 1:8, Event: Default, Type: AKAI APCmini Square LED "RED"
From the start, light is red. turn on external output- light goes green. Turn off External output - light turns red.

:::::::::::::::
Also found that if I set a Default activator on midi Ch1:0, Any default activator I have made will instantly be set to mimic Ch1:0. But will go back to what its' suppose to be individually as I use those buttons. This is annoying because the APC mini has a button on this channel.

I hope I explained it well enough.
admin  
#64 Posted : Saturday, October 29, 2016 3:31:16 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4161 time(s) in 1494 post(s)
vMix 18 Beta 18.0.0.52 Uploaded!

http://cdn.vmix.com/download/vmix18preview.exe

* Fixed NDI Tally bug
* Fixed error with Panasonic PTZ CGI support
* Fixed error when setting recording filename to folder instead of file
* Fixed issue with APCmini LEDs with Activators
* Improved NDI compatibility with new Android/iOS camera apps
* Improved RTSP compatibility for H264 streams

thanks 5 users thanked admin for this useful post.
stigaard on 10/29/2016(UTC), vijay6672 on 10/29/2016(UTC), ON.tv Channels on 10/30/2016(UTC), thinkcustom on 11/3/2016(UTC), corporatejames on 11/6/2016(UTC)
mashynewie2  
#65 Posted : Saturday, October 29, 2016 8:49:50 AM(UTC)
mashynewie2

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Hello Martin!

Just wondering if you could look at the attached file and see if this is an error. When streaming to Facebook the bitrate keeps rising and rising. I want to keep it stable so that costs don't go up on 4G dongles.

I have also ticked "Strict CBR"

It is very very slowly creeping upwards.

If that happens on YouTube and you go over their bitrate limit they will kick you off the stream.

The version I am running is 18.0.0.50 x64

Thanks very much!!
File Attachment(s):
KEEPS RISING.txt (46kb) downloaded 27 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
stigaard  
#66 Posted : Saturday, October 29, 2016 11:38:48 AM(UTC)
stigaard

Man
Denmark

Was thanked: 100 time(s) in 79 post(s)
mashynewie2 wrote:
Just wondering if you could look at the attached file and see if this is an error. When streaming to Facebook the bitrate keeps rising and rising. I want to keep it stable so that costs don't go up on 4G dongles.

I have also ticked "Strict CBR"

It is very very slowly creeping upwards.

If that happens on YouTube and you go over their bitrate limit they will kick you off the stream.

As I read the log, the stream uses the first few seconds to rise to 3-4 Mbps, and then stays stable on ~4060 kbps for the rest of the session. I do not see any problem regarding this example..
mashynewie2  
#67 Posted : Sunday, October 30, 2016 2:51:51 AM(UTC)
mashynewie2

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 33 post(s)
ok I just did it again for a 2 hour stream at 3.7mbit

3536 and slowly rose in increments of 1 to 3837 over a 1 hour and 35 minute period then after that it was very steady.

But then it stayed steady at 3837

So my own lesson would be. Set the bitrate lower than the actual maximum I want it to be.
Mathijs  
#68 Posted : Sunday, October 30, 2016 10:56:40 AM(UTC)
Mathijs

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 72 post(s)
The audio also needs some bandwidth, so that comes on top of the video bandwidth setting.
macgiver76  
#69 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2016 2:22:01 AM(UTC)
macgiver76

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hello,
Activators can also be added to the Instant Replay function?
Thank!
KJ4AWR  
#70 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2016 2:03:23 PM(UTC)
KJ4AWR

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Getting some big scaling issues again on my Surface.
I set my Surface to 1920x1080 to match the 2 external monitors and things are either too large or too small.
I also have the right 1/4 of the vMix software completely cut off.

EDIT - I should note that no issues occurred until I started the local desktop capture built into vMix.
NiBTour  
#71 Posted : Friday, November 4, 2016 6:51:47 AM(UTC)
NiBTour

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
vMix,

Love a lot of the new changes and additions but i found some frustrating issues when using the data source Excel and formatting. If i create a sheet with calculated columns such as a Adv. column vMix will display the formatted calculated number such as a round number like: 19.666666667 but in Excel its formatted so it displays as: 19.7. I have to convert it to text each time before saving it.

*Side note about data sources and the ticker. I have to create a special program for something that every other modern package or even OBS has and thats to populate the ticker in real-time. You resolved that with data sources but now i can only read a column at a time it would be cool if we could have a little better support for tickers and have it toad the columns all at once or by paging instead of just one at a time. Ive had to once again create a hack to add them all together and put them in a single line when it seems like a very easy and useful feature so it can neatly integrate with existing workflows! thanks Oh and if i'm missing a way to do this let me know!

NDI: vMix has been stable and its been tested for 25+ hour streams but any vMix accepting NDO's from a v18 to a v18 box drops frames and crashes where with v17 it did not.

-King
admin  
#72 Posted : Friday, November 4, 2016 3:32:09 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

King,

I will look into the excel formatting issue, but for the NDI crashes, can you confirm all systems
are either running the latest 17 or the latest 18 (.52) beta? There was a bug in .49 that has now been fixed so that would be the first thing to check.
If there is still an issue, please check the Windows event viewer and post the event log for the error.

For tickers, you can use the data sources to update the entire ticker in real time, but it really isn't designed
to append data, and as far as I am aware the only way to do that would be with a dedicated animated graphics software that supports NDI
of which there are a lot of options out there now, many with quite advanced ticker generating features.

Regards,

Martin
NiBTour  
#73 Posted : Friday, November 4, 2016 11:30:07 PM(UTC)
NiBTour

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
admin wrote:
King,

I will look into the excel formatting issue, but for the NDI crashes, can you confirm all systems
are either running the latest 17 or the latest 18 (.52) beta? There was a bug in .49 that has now been fixed so that would be the first thing to check.
If there is still an issue, please check the Windows event viewer and post the event log for the error.

For tickers, you can use the data sources to update the entire ticker in real time, but it really isn't designed
to append data, and as far as I am aware the only way to do that would be with a dedicated animated graphics software that supports NDI
of which there are a lot of options out there now, many with quite advanced ticker generating features.

Regards,

Martin

Thanks Martin and i did check and it seems one of the machines was on the older one. I will be testing tonight and let you know how it goes. As for the ticker or any data source option i guess i was hoping you could assign a column as a row so if i had a data sheet or excel spreadsheet and it had player, wins and losses instead of it just reading the one row at a time i could assign the column as the row and it would load all X players. for now i will just make sure we re-write our outputs to put all the data in one field which i was hoping to keep truer to data normalization and not have to do. unless you there si another way that is perfered when using data sources? I'm finding them pretty limited since its just one row at a time.

also is there any way we can not make the changes done in the settings live? I mean if i have a screen that's live and i want to change something in the settings (even if i'm accessing it from preview) it updates everywhere including the live section. I wish it had a LIVE button like the titles where i can see if everything is good before pushing it. than again im new to this world so perhaps theres a better way

-King
admin  
#74 Posted : Friday, November 4, 2016 11:46:54 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

In .52 there is now the option to convert data source rows to columns so maybe that is what you are looking for?

Just fixed the bug with cell formatting, so that should be released soon as well.
doggy  
#75 Posted : Saturday, November 5, 2016 8:53:45 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Strange (bug maybe)

V17 had no problem getting a browser as input be it vMix launched with standard graphics processor or high-performance nvidea

with v18 I can not get the browser input to show up the page when launched with the high-performance nvidea

any ideas ?

EDIT : WHen choosing high-performance nvidea manually during launch no problem , occurs when vMix is set to launch automatically with high-performance nvidea
fenki86  
#76 Posted : Saturday, November 5, 2016 11:54:30 AM(UTC)
fenki86

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Data Sources working great so far - however I do have some problems with Google Sheets. I created an API-Key and it worked fine with one file.

As I tried to add a second Google Sheet it brought out some errors (429 too many and 403). Any idea what the problem could be? I even tried to create a second API-Key but it doesn't work. :-(
richardgatarski  
#77 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2016 7:28:39 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
A few bugs/isssues regarding v18.0.0.52

For scrips, Function=PreviewInput only works when input is specified by number, not by name

Scrolling up in the scripting log behaves strange, sort of jumps back down. (Would be nice to be able to clear the log).

The scripts are not immediately cleared when Settings are made default, only after vMix is restarted. (Shortcuts are immediately cleared).

If Audio mixer is undocked, clicking Record button to stop recording then Windows' focus is set to the Audio mixer. Might not be a big issue, just noticed that if the Audio mixer was hidden behind the vMix Window, it was put in front when stopping a recording.
lbgaus  
#78 Posted : Monday, November 7, 2016 1:42:39 AM(UTC)
lbgaus

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Perhaps this is minor enough to include in a version 18 release candidate, but is it possible to make the video inputs undockable? Thanks!
ccolewilliam  
#79 Posted : Monday, November 7, 2016 8:37:16 PM(UTC)
ccolewilliam

Man

Hi, Is there a way to rotate between data sources other than manually switching it for the ticker? For example I have two separate text file I would like to combine for them both to run and update. Currently I am only seeing where I can add one file at a time and manually switch between them. Thanks for your help!
admin  
#80 Posted : Tuesday, November 8, 2016 2:06:02 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

vMix 18 Preview (18.0.0.53) Updated

http://cdn.vmix.com/download/vmix18preview.exe

* Excel data source will now follow formatting
* Fixed local activators not saving in Preset
* Fixed scripting log auto scrolling even when it has not changed
* Fixed Settings Import not updating Activators and Scripts
* Fixed Web Browser blank issue on laptops with Optimus
* Added workaround for Win10 AE bug where Web Browser may crash system under heavy load

thanks 10 users thanked admin for this useful post.
corporatejames on 11/8/2016(UTC), stigaard on 11/8/2016(UTC), ask on 11/8/2016(UTC), ON.tv Channels on 11/8/2016(UTC), vijay6672 on 11/8/2016(UTC), fLipz on 11/8/2016(UTC), tonylightfoot on 11/8/2016(UTC), vadim_d on 11/10/2016(UTC), SHMD on 11/11/2016(UTC), sinc747 on 11/11/2016(UTC)