logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages<12345>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
admin  
#41 Posted : Saturday, October 22, 2016 11:56:24 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4146 time(s) in 1491 post(s)
vMix 18 Preview 18.0.0.51 has been uploaded!

http://cdn.vmix.com/download/vmix18preview.exe

* Added blink options to APCmini activators template
* Temporarily disabled tally feature in NDI (there is a bug that may cause vMix to close with an error)
* Fixed custom names not showing up in Datasources dropdown in Title Editor
* Fixed List editor not filling window when stat
thanks 6 users thanked admin for this useful post.
stigaard on 10/22/2016(UTC), vijay6672 on 10/22/2016(UTC), corporatejames on 10/22/2016(UTC), tonylightfoot on 10/22/2016(UTC), SHMD on 10/23/2016(UTC), vadim_d on 10/24/2016(UTC)
ovinas  
#42 Posted : Saturday, October 22, 2016 2:34:13 PM(UTC)
ovinas

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 49 post(s)
I have a Novation LaunchControl (just one row of buttons with LEDs) and want to use the activators. When I set it up for LEDs to go green when in preview it works fine, when I set it up for LEDs to go red when in program it also works fine. But not when both are configured at the same time.
I understand that there's a little conflict because what happens if one input is in preview and also program? That leads to my next question, why is it possible to have the same input in pre and pgm and what's the sense of this? Blocking this would perhaps allow the use of green for pre and red for pgm with controllers having just one row of buttons/LEDs like the LaunchControl.
Mathijs  
#43 Posted : Saturday, October 22, 2016 3:30:09 PM(UTC)
Mathijs

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 72 post(s)
I also noticed that using 2 activators on one button does not work like expected. I wanted to make an input key blink when it is playing a video, but at the same time keep it working like normal when there is no video on that input.

I do not agree that putting prg and preview on the same input should not be possible. Normally you can use that to preview overlays before putting them live.
I would even like to see the behaviour go away that when you set both to same input, put a overlay in preview and transition to it, nothing happens.

ovinas  
#44 Posted : Saturday, October 22, 2016 4:01:55 PM(UTC)
ovinas

Man

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Mathijs wrote:
I would even like to see the behaviour go away that when you set both to same input, put a overlay in preview and transition to it, nothing happens.

If using it like this a transition to pgm would be useful.

I just preview overlays without the background input but I understand that there are situations where someone perhaps really need this. Maybe it could be an option in settings?
Mathijs  
#45 Posted : Saturday, October 22, 2016 4:09:01 PM(UTC)
Mathijs

I don't know the technical reason for the activators not being able to set multiple colors on a button, if you would have the same button on preview and program, it would be yellow in your case. Not a big problem if you ask me.

So instead of changing other behaviour, let's ask Martin what his reasons are to have a one assignment limit per button?
admin  
#46 Posted : Saturday, October 22, 2016 9:16:06 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Multiple activators per button is a challenge because who determines what the priority is for each?
If both preview and program are set to different colours which takes preference? In that scenario one would assume program has priority
but for other types of activator combinations it isn't always obvious.

For example, say we decide program has priority, then what happens if an input in program is selected later into preview as well?
Should it search through all the activators every time, find one that is already in output for the same midi led and therefore not do anything?

All this has the potential to introduce unexpected bugs and possibly CPU increases vs a simple one activator per button policy, so
how important is something like this?

Regards,

Martin
vMix
thanks 2 users thanked admin for this useful post.
corporatejames on 10/22/2016(UTC), stigaard on 4/6/2017(UTC)
corporatejames  
#47 Posted : Saturday, October 22, 2016 9:46:04 PM(UTC)
corporatejames

Man
Australia

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 62 post(s)
admin wrote:
Multiple activators per button is a challenge because who determines what the priority is for each?
If both preview and program are set to different colours which takes preference? In that scenario one would assume program has priority
but for other types of activator combinations it isn't always obvious.

For example, say we decide program has priority, then what happens if an input in program is selected later into preview as well?
Should it search through all the activators every time, find one that is already in output for the same midi led and therefore not do anything?

All this has the potential to introduce unexpected bugs and possibly CPU increases vs a simple one activator per button policy, so
how important is something like this?

Regards,

Martin
vMix

I was going to ask about this Martin but your questions made sense. Something to think about.
Mathijs  
#48 Posted : Sunday, October 23, 2016 11:05:58 AM(UTC)
Mathijs

For me it is not that important. The buttons light up now which is a nice improvement.
I do not look that much at my panel anyway, so for me it was just an extra feature when looking trough the possibilities.
But I can imagine this being more important for ovinas, as that panel has one row.

Maybe a column that adds a number of preference would get this out of the way. So for program it can be set to 1 and preview to 2, shifting the job deciding what's best from you to the user, while remaining at one activator working per button at the same time. For my example I would set program to 2 and playing to 1 to get it to work.
Because vmix supports that much different controllers, I imagine this will be different for each one.

But I very much agree that stability goes before versatility, I would not like to have an activator crash my production indeed!
Maximus  
#49 Posted : Sunday, October 23, 2016 9:56:26 PM(UTC)
Maximus

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Is there any reason Activator settings can't be accessed from Midi Short Cuts setup? It seems faster if on Midi Setup page you can have a checkbox to set Activator settings right there instead of having to leave the Midi setup page to Go to Activator setup Page and enter the same key information with Activator Parameters.

Any Thoughts

Maximus
corporatejames  
#50 Posted : Monday, October 24, 2016 3:47:22 AM(UTC)
corporatejames

Man
Australia

Seem to be getting a random System Freeze with latest Vmix 18 using XML Datasources
I have about 6 XML Datasources and after the recent update, I get a freeze where my Mouse and Keyboard are unresponsive
Only method to resolve was to restart manually to power button.

If I don't have any Datasources running system runs fine. Data works great before the random freeze that can occur after about 15 - 30mins.
Just wondering if a tick box for a data that only needs to be read once when it first loads with a refresh button. But for live data it
can check every 1000 secs as it does now. May help reduce system use. CPU and Memory has been good with 6 xml datasources running in the background.
Data is pulled from cloud CMS remotely via http://.....xml

macgiver76  
#51 Posted : Monday, October 24, 2016 4:25:40 PM(UTC)
macgiver76

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hello,
I am trying midi LED control of APC Mini
To the sound on / off control, if imposed status LED corresponding to a midi controller button when I put it to ON turns on well, but when I put it in the OFF I do not find a way to turn it off the led status on controller.
Why?
Thanks so much.
stigaard  
#52 Posted : Monday, October 24, 2016 6:53:28 PM(UTC)
stigaard

Man
Denmark

Was thanked: 100 time(s) in 79 post(s)
macgiver76 wrote:
Hello,
I am trying midi LED control of APC Mini
To the sound on / off control, if imposed status LED corresponding to a midi controller button when I put it to ON turns on well, but when I put it in the OFF I do not find a way to turn it off the led status on controller.
Why?

Remember to add a activator rule of the button with the type Default, setting the LED of the button to off. This will turn off the LED when no other activator rules is matched in your Activators policy.
alt10  
#53 Posted : Tuesday, October 25, 2016 8:16:53 AM(UTC)
alt10

I'm experiencing issues when trying to connect to a Panasonic AW-HE40 PZT camera.
Everything works fine in v17. In v18 I'm getting "error 400 Bad Request"

Edit:
Creating input at position works fine...

Edit 2:
Xbox controller works fine too, but in PZT menu it's not connected to the camera...
StepBackInTime_TV  
#54 Posted : Tuesday, October 25, 2016 8:57:38 AM(UTC)
StepBackInTime_TV

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Is there any chance of making vMix remember where the list window was (when un-docked) ... everything else restores to its correct positions/monitors when I launch my vmix with my profile, except the list window.

Many thanks!
hubert17  
#55 Posted : Tuesday, October 25, 2016 12:05:08 PM(UTC)
hubert17

Hello Martin,

Please add Activator support for Samson Graphite MD13 on your next preview release. Thank you so much.
admin  
#56 Posted : Tuesday, October 25, 2016 4:02:57 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

corporatejames wrote:
I get a freeze where my Mouse and Keyboard are unresponsive

If the whole system is freezing this indicates a hardware issue of some kind, perhaps triggered
by the data sources. My guess is maybe there is an issue with the network card, though it does seem odd.

admin  
#57 Posted : Tuesday, October 25, 2016 4:05:17 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

alt10 wrote:
I'm experiencing issues when trying to connect to a Panasonic AW-HE40 PZT camera.
Everything works fine in v17. In v18 I'm getting "error 400 Bad Request"

Could you try updating your cameras firmware as per instructions below:
http://eww.pass.panasoni...2main/soft/upghe40_e.htm
ask  
#58 Posted : Tuesday, October 25, 2016 8:23:02 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
The new List functionality works extremely well. Thanks. The way to play individual clips is not intuitive atm. Could a help item be added to show the sequence to use. Un-select AUTO-NEXT; highlight required list item; Select PLAY OUT.
corporatejames  
#59 Posted : Tuesday, October 25, 2016 9:14:42 PM(UTC)
corporatejames

Man
Australia

admin wrote:
corporatejames wrote:
I get a freeze where my Mouse and Keyboard are unresponsive

If the whole system is freezing this indicates a hardware issue of some kind, perhaps triggered
by the data sources. My guess is maybe there is an issue with the network card, though it does seem odd.

The don't think it would be the network card. Does a datasources have a timeout? so if taking to long to read the data it will just move on to next time.

I had no issues last night using vmix 18 for press conference other then I was not getting master audio when camera feeds showed audio metres. Closing Vmix and
adding preset from fresh by selecting the input from open pre preset resolved the issue. Why would master audio metre not showing audio when M is selected on the input and input Audio metre working and I can hear sound.
admin  
#60 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2016 12:50:22 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

James,

Datasources does not have a timeout but each source runs independently in its own thread timer.
This means it will not interfere with anything else and won't queue up in cases where updates are taking along time.

It's actually very basic code, so if the whole system freezes, data sources is no more likely to cause this then say a browser
timing out visiting a web site is.

As for audio, if you heard the audio, how did you determine there was no master audio?
You can check the logs in Documents\vMixStorage\Logs to see if any audio mixer errors have been noted.

Regards,

Martin
vMix