logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
waterprof  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 14, 2016 2:42:08 AM(UTC)
waterprof

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I've been using vMix for a while now, but there have been issues with performance and I am not quite sure whether it's because of me messing up settings in the application somewhere or just a performance issue.

Laptops Specifications are here:
Using Windows 8.1
Intel Core i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz (8 CPUs)
8GB RAM (Not sure about the DDR)
Integrated Intel HD Graphics 4600, but also a separate GeForce GT 745M graphics card (which I am about 95% sure the vMix is using)

and I suppose that's it, if you need anything else about computer specifications, please do ask.

What I am trying to accomplish with this is a sports broadcast with 1 camera (At least for now).

I use one camera input, with 720p50fps settings. I also have custom scoreboard using Title/XAML input (which actually uses quite a lot of CPU). Video Delay as a replay (only updated to 16th version this morning) and a separate audio input for commentator.

The issues is that I have dropped frames when I want to record all of it. If I am not recording using the record feature I think there usually aren't any problems. I am talking about constant frame drops, I am not sure they should be called frame drops anymore.. the average goes down to 47 at best (42 at worst).

Sorry if this is too messy, it's pretty early for me and English obviously isn't my first language. And if you need anything else, let me know! Thanks for the help in advance!

EDIT: I am using HDD for the recording. Would changing the storage device to SSD help? I mean, I suppose it would help, but how much?
EDIT2: I am also streaming to youtube, if that changes anything.
SportsNetUSA.net  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2016 3:23:28 AM(UTC)
SportsNetUSA.net

Was thanked: 123 time(s) in 115 post(s)
@waterprof

What capture device are you using? What does your CPU usage look like while streaming/recording?

IceStream  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2016 11:30:15 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
This posting was "Cross Posted" to "General" thread...

http://forums.vmix.com/d....aspx?g=posts&t=5827

Best to follow up there where additional info has been contributed.

Ice