logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gubben  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2015 6:55:44 AM(UTC)
Gubben

Groups: Registered

We are having problems with error message during streaming, and we get the following message once in a while (about every 10 - 30 minutes), without an obvious reason:

"ffmpeg.exe stop working"

After some seconds the encoder starts streaming again, but this aborts the streaming for those watching.

We are streaming in 3 simultaneous streams with bitrates from 700Kb to 3,5Mb.

Equipment:
ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3, Socket-1155 ATX,
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 32GB CL10 Kit w/4x 8GB
Intel® Core i5-3570 Processor Socket-LGA1155, Quad Core, 3.4Ghz, 6MB, Boxed w/fan
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 950 2GB PhysX

vMix 16.0.0.108 x64

Anyone have en idea for solution for this?
Speegs  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2015 8:42:39 PM(UTC)
Speegs

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 58 post(s)
Gubben wrote:
We are having problems with error message during streaming, and we get the following message once in a while (about every 10 - 30 minutes), without an obvious reason:

"ffmpeg.exe stop working"

After some seconds the encoder starts streaming again, but this aborts the streaming for those watching.

We are streaming in 3 simultaneous streams with bitrates from 700Kb to 3,5Mb.

Equipment:
ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3, Socket-1155 ATX,
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 32GB CL10 Kit w/4x 8GB
Intel® Core i5-3570 Processor Socket-LGA1155, Quad Core, 3.4Ghz, 6MB, Boxed w/fan
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 950 2GB PhysX

vMix 16.0.0.108 x64

Anyone have en idea for solution for this?

Firstly are you SURE you have enough bandwidth and didn't by mistake add an extra 0 on a bitrate? Drove me nuts for about 20 minutes one day a simple typo.

You need to have enough bandwidth down the entire data path at all times, easiest way to figure that out is start with less and build up the bitrates.

I would also switch to FMLE and see if you get a different error message. Sometimes the errors from FMLE make more sense and give you that small amount if information to get further.

Not saying FMLE is better, I just find it good to try under the same circumstances and see if the result is different. It could be an issue with the GPU Acceleration, so turn that off first too it's still beta.

Just hints to work through and find more information, this will hopefully direct you towards the answers.

Gubben  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2015 9:59:15 AM(UTC)
Gubben

Thank you for Your prompt reply! The bitrates should be OK, and we have a stable 100/100Mb line. We have already deactivated the GPU accelaration, because that did not work. I will try to use the FMLE instead, have not tried that yet. However, we just seemed to have found a way around the problem just after we posted Our problem. Somehow, we do not seem to get the error Message when we simultaneous record the stream. We are using the program for streaming and recording Church services and speeches, and noticed that we do not get any errors while the Speech is beeing recorded, but lots of errors before and after. We tried therefore 6 hours streaming and simultaneously recording without any errors! Anyway, it would be OK to not have to record everything, so we will try out FMLE instead.

Best regards

Firstly are you SURE you have enough bandwidth and didn't by mistake add an extra 0 on a bitrate? Drove me nuts for about 20 minutes one day a simple typo.

You need to have enough bandwidth down the entire data path at all times, easiest way to figure that out is start with less and build up the bitrates.

I would also switch to FMLE and see if you get a different error message. Sometimes the errors from FMLE make more sense and give you that small amount if information to get further.

Not saying FMLE is better, I just find it good to try under the same circumstances and see if the result is different. It could be an issue with the GPU Acceleration, so turn that off first too it's still beta.

Just hints to work through and find more information, this will hopefully direct you towards the answers.