logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tubbis_2  
#21 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2015 5:35:29 PM(UTC)
tubbis_2

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I try to set up a midi keyboard to control my scoreboard. Somehow I don't get the PauseCountdown to work. I can start and stop the gameclock but I can't seem to pause it. No matter what midi note I'm using. Find key works in the shortcut editor but no response whatsoever with the gameclock or any other clock when i press the chosen key.
Updated to latest version but no success. Has anyone else experienced this?
IceStream  
#22 Posted : Sunday, November 15, 2015 12:01:48 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ tubbis_2

It seems to work fine for me.
What version of vMix are you using? (this was an issue with vMix 16 prior to .92).
Are you applying the 'Function' "PauseCountdown" to the right field of the XAML Title for the Key you want to use?
What are the exact steps you are taking in setting up your 'Shortcuts'?

Ice
tubbis_2  
#23 Posted : Sunday, November 15, 2015 9:10:00 AM(UTC)
tubbis_2

I'm using Vmix 16.0.0.106 free version. x64. Windows 7.
I click on View shortcuts, edit. Add shortcut, find key. It recognises the key(channel 1 note 74). Function, title, PauseCountdown. Input I choose my scoreboard xaml and the right textfield GameClock. and as for title i write Pause, description1 clock. Show in webcontroller. I then press ok. I have done the same for startCountdown and stopCountdown.
It works with the webcontroller but not with the midi key. I've changed the keynote to see if its a malfunctioning key on my keyboard but none of the keys is able to pause the clock. Start and stop works just fine.
IceStream  
#24 Posted : Sunday, November 15, 2015 2:36:05 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

@ tubbis_2

tubbis_2 wrote:
... and as for title i write Pause, description1 clock...

Not sure I understand this step.
Which field is your actual timer?
Can you provide a screen shot?
The field for your clock timer should be blank or have the 'time' of the timer displayed.
What happens when you start the timer manually with the controls in the 'Title Editor' window?
The 'PauseCountdown' function of your shortcut key should work the same as the 'pause' button of those controls.

Ice
tubbis_2  
#25 Posted : Monday, November 16, 2015 7:19:28 AM(UTC)
tubbis_2

Title, description1 and description2 further down the side is where you name the button in the webcontroller. Nothing to do do with the actual function. It's just for you to tell the buttons you create in the webcontroller apart. The field for my timer is GameClock. In the title editor and the webcontroller I can start,pause and stop the clock. It's just that I can't pause it with a midi key thats puzzling.

tubbis_2 attached the following image(s):
shortcutpause.png (43kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
shortcutstart.png (42kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
IceStream  
#26 Posted : Monday, November 16, 2015 1:05:13 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

@ tubbis_2

Ah, I got ya.
Yes, that is weird, it appears to be set up properly and as I indicated, it works fine for me, in fact, I tend to prefer the 'PauseCountdown' over the 'StartCountdown' for starting and stopping the clock ('StartCountdown' only starts the timer and 'StopCountdown' zeroes out and resets to start time on next start).
I'm wracking my brain trying to think of what might be causing your issue, but I don't know of any other settings to check (in fact I'm learning a lot about the 'Clone' feature and "dual" functions of the same key in the process, but I digress).
What Midi controller are you using? (not that it should be an issue but I'm grasping at straws here).
Another thought is, have you tried it on another clock? (maybe it's just a glitch in the one you're using).

Ice
tubbis_2  
#27 Posted : Monday, November 16, 2015 7:30:58 PM(UTC)
tubbis_2

@Ice Stream

Thank you for all your help. The midikeyboard is an old Roland PC-200.
I have tried it on the penalty clock but it gives the same result. PauseCountdown not working from a midikey.
I will try to do a fresh install of vmix instead of updating and see if I get the same result.
IceStream  
#28 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2015 10:09:13 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

@ tubbis_2

I am not familiar with the Roland PC-200, but considering it's a Keyboard, perhaps it's an "On/Off" situation.
What happens if you hold the key down?
Upon subsequent investigation, I have a similar issue with the Novation Launchpad, I had originally assigned my 'PauseCountdown' to a 'MIDIControlChange' key (as detected by the 'Find' button), but when I assign it to a regular 'MIDINoteOn' key, I have to hold the key down to activate, as soon as I release, the clock pauses again, kind of like a toggle switch.
This is an on-going issue I have with the 'LaunchPad', it's like each press and release of a key is akin to a 'double click' of a button and displays an apparent 'stutter' when switching (and why I have deemed my Launchpad as 'unsuitable' for live switching). I am not sure how some of the other MIDI devices work, but that has been my experience with this 'older' Launchpad, if there is a way to program it more effectively, I'm all ears, but I just haven't had the patience to learn enough about it myself.

Ice
tubbis_2  
#29 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2015 3:53:22 PM(UTC)
tubbis_2

@Ice Stream

Yes it has something to do with on/off because when I'm keeping it pressed the clock starts and when i release the key it pauses.
If i assign it to the MidiControlChange i e the modulation wheel on my keyboard it pauses and start the clock.
Well there goes the idea of using the keyboard as a remote... unless Martin find it in his heart to alter the behaviour of the PauseCountdown to just stop the countdown. StartCountdown starts the clock from where it is in the countdown(like it does now) and StopCountdown stops and resets the clock.

Thanks Ice Stream, I'm not losing my mind over this now.
r@wisla  
#30 Posted : Sunday, January 3, 2016 12:39:04 PM(UTC)
r@wisla

Man

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 37 post(s)
IceStream wrote:
This is an on-going issue I have with the 'LaunchPad', it's like each press and release of a key is akin to a 'double click' of a button and displays an apparent 'stutter' when switching (and why I have deemed my Launchpad as 'unsuitable' for live switching). I am not sure how some of the other MIDI devices work, but that has been my experience with this 'older' Launchpad, if there is a way to program it more effectively, I'm all ears, but I just haven't had the patience to learn enough about it myself.

Ice,

I have a Launchpad mini (quite new, bought less then 2 months ago) and have the same issue. Your post is from November, so I would like to ask if it has been solved (workarounded) somehow?

Here is my tip.

I started playing scripts with launchpad, not shortcuts. It's not possible to run the same script at one time, so I end my scripts with
Code:
sleep(1000)

When I press the button on the script starts to run.
Then I release the button. The script is still running (sleep for 1 second), so it can't be launched again at this moment. The result: releasing the button doesn't trigger the script for the second time.

But I have no idea what to do with shorcuts (except writing a script that behave like shortcut...)