logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Newsman21  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2015 12:23:57 AM(UTC)
Newsman21

Groups: Registered

Shot this a few months back...

My only issue with this is... I need to know which settings is the highest grade of video?? I'm using 4 video capture devices. (1 dazzle, and 3 ION video to PC)
As you can see in my video my church is a nice size chur
ch, but they have not updated to the cameras to HD, so what can I do to get the highest grade of SD video??
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2015 4:48:46 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ Newsman21

Are you talking "Streaming" or "Recording"?
For streaming, to some extent you are at the mercy of your internet connection and what your 'system' can handle.
For recording, a lot depends on the codecs you have available to you, your 'encoding' power, and how much storage space you have (typically, uncompressed will give the best 'quality' but file sizes for hour+ shows will be HUGE)

Ice
sinc747  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2015 5:28:48 PM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Looks like lots of dropped frames in the YouTube video. I'd work on fixing that first.

Dropped frames means that something somewhere is not keeping up. If this video was recorded on your PC straight to your hard drive, there are lots of possibilities. PC CPU too slow. HDD too slow. Other software accessing PC at same time (virus protection, etc.). Bit rate on recording set to0 low. And more.

Once you've gotten the dropped frames fixed...

What bitrate was the YouTube recording recorded at? Try increasing that. Maybe double. How does it look? Better? Then double again. Look, again, etc.

Also, are all 4 cameras outputting 480P? If one is less than that, you can improve its video by increasing it from whatever to 480.

Streaming video quality can be improved (somewhat) by increasing the bitrate of the stream. The limits are your PC and your internet connection speed as IceStream says. Do a speed test and check your uplink speed. Let's say its 3Mbps. That's more than you would need for SD video. Try 1500kbps for streaming bitrate.

Hope this helps.

- Tom