logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
h2video.nl  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2015 12:39:59 AM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 39 post(s)
I had some issues using my yuan 4 hdmi input card after upgrading to windows 10.

there are specific drivers on the yuan site under the vmix logo for win10. just be aware you download the right one, on the page they all are named the same only the link under it is different. the new drivers have vmix added in their name.

In the end I did not trust the update so i uninstalled the drivers, uninstalled the cards, re installed the drivers and then re installed the cards.

I have the impression the card is now more stable. the by effect is that all my inputs are reordered: was 1234 and now is 4231.

The yuan cards provide an affordable input card option, with a range of vmix tested cards: 2 input sdi hdmi and 4 sdi and 4 hdmi etc.

just be extra cautious with the drivers and test everything in full swing All inputs occupied, is my advice.

Anybody using yuan? experiences?

stefan
richardgatarski  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2015 3:49:47 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
We use a bunch of the SC510 N4 HDMI and are quite happy, although with Win 8.1 (earlier W7) not yet Win10.

Also have had some issues with the port numbering, in particular if you have more than one card. But our experience is that the port closest to the motherboard get the lowest number, end then in sequence up to port 4. If we insert another card, then it may happen that the new card gets 1,2,3,4 and the one that was inserted before gets 5,6,7,8. Sometimes this is fixed if the drivers are de/re-installed. Not a big problem for us though. We have never had reverse order.