logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
thecloudmediagroup  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 6, 2015 3:48:08 AM(UTC)
thecloudmediagroup

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 43 post(s)
In appreciation to our vMix users and to celebrate the release of vMix 16, We have permanently dropped the price of vDesk from $19.99 down to $4.99! A scaled iPhone version will also be released soon. We will also be renaming the app very soon so watch for an update in the forums when that happens. Get it in the app store today! You can also click the link here

vDesk Features:
-12 preview buttons
-12 program buttons
-12 overlay buttons
-12 audio input faders
-12 mute input buttons
-4 DSK buttons to control up to 4 overlay channels
-4 transition buttons
-4 user programmable buttons (programmed within vMix)
-Master / Bus A / Bus B audio fader
-Master / Bus A / Bus B mute button
-Record, Stream, External, FadeToBlack and Take buttons
-Smooth T-Bar

******NOTE****** The host vMix computer must have its network set to "Home". Setting this to "Work" or "Public" will block vDesk from connecting to vMix. This can be changed by right clicking the network icon on the bottom right of windows and selecting "Open Network and Sharing Center". In the Network and Sharing Center, the network that you are currently connected to will be displayed along with an icon. Under the name should list the current security setting. It will either list "Home", "Work" or "Public". To change this setting, click on the link below the network name and a new window will pop up. In this new window, select "Home Network"

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Bardos  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 6, 2015 8:15:14 AM(UTC)
Bardos

Groups: Guests
Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
When will the Windows version be available, that is the one that was promised a while now......I am waiting for that, since I do not have apple equipment....

Thank you
Len56  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 6, 2015 11:22:54 AM(UTC)
Len56

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 23 post(s)
I have vdesk already on my ipad so when you change the name will I get an update with the new name or will I have to buy it again?
thecloudmediagroup  
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 6, 2015 12:11:40 PM(UTC)
thecloudmediagroup

Man
United States

Len56 wrote:
I have vdesk already on my ipad so when you change the name will I get an update with the new name or will I have to buy it again?

It should show up with the same icon but with a different name. You definitely will not have to buy it again:)
Bardos  
#5 Posted : Monday, September 7, 2015 6:33:59 AM(UTC)
Bardos

Man

I bought the vDesk a few days ago, and I tried to connect to vMix, but with no luck, what can be the cause, and is the windows version going to ready soon......
Len56  
#6 Posted : Monday, September 7, 2015 10:13:40 AM(UTC)
Len56

Man
United Kingdom

Bardos wrote:
I bought the vDesk a few days ago, and I tried to connect to vMix, but with no luck, what can be the cause, and is the windows version going to ready soon......

Hi Bardos,

Yes I have the same problem, I was in contact via email with Seth Haberman from the cloud media group but I have still not got an answer to this problem I have a APPLE iPad with Retina display - 4th generation software version iOS 8.4. It does connect with vMix but it takes at least 2 to 5 minutes to connect but Seth did say it should take 1 to 2 seconds.

So it looks like there is some problem some ware. I am using windows 7.
thecloudmediagroup  
#7 Posted : Monday, September 7, 2015 10:41:01 AM(UTC)
thecloudmediagroup

Man
United States

Bardos wrote:

Did you make sure that your windows network adapter is set to "Home" and not "Work" or "Public". The way the Windows firewall is setup will block the all from connecting if it is set to Work or Public. You can also try disabling your firewall temporarily to see if that causes the app to connect. Any third party firewall software can cause it not to connect.

Windows does not have an ETA. The windows port of the program takes a good amount of work because of the resizing of elements and buttons. We will keep you up to date as it progresses. I'll inbox you some details.
KJ4AWR  
#8 Posted : Monday, September 7, 2015 7:32:19 PM(UTC)
KJ4AWR

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I'm glad to hear there is going to be a Windows version as I too have no i devices in the household. Will the Windows version be a store version, or desktop version?
Bardos  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2015 9:12:50 AM(UTC)
Bardos

Man

thecloudmediagroup wrote:
Bardos wrote:

Did you make sure that your windows network adapter is set to "Home" and not "Work" or "Public". The way the Windows firewall is setup will block the all from connecting if it is set to Work or Public. You can also try disabling your firewall temporarily to see if that causes the app to connect. Any third party firewall software can cause it not to connect.

Windows does not have an ETA. The windows port of the program takes a good amount of work because of the resizing of elements and buttons. We will keep you up to date as it progresses. I'll inbox you some details.

You had released a video of the windows version on youtube,(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzdPOrMsq1I).... can I have that until you get the full version fully ready ...At this moment this will do what I want.....
thecloudmediagroup  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2015 11:19:17 PM(UTC)
thecloudmediagroup

Man
United States

KJ4AWR wrote:
I'm glad to hear there is going to be a Windows version as I too have no i devices in the household. Will the Windows version be a store version, or desktop version?

It will be a desktop version and possibly a store version.
thecloudmediagroup  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2015 11:21:23 PM(UTC)
thecloudmediagroup

Man
United States

Bardos wrote:
Bardos wrote:

You had released a video of the windows version on youtube,(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzdPOrMsq1I).... can I have that until you get the full version fully ready ...At this moment this will do what I want.....

In the version you saw on that video, we were having enough of an issue with the T-Bar to not release it yet. My goal is to have the first Windows version out in the next 5 weeks.

As for the Android version it may be a little bit longer. We are working with an issue with the keyboard entering the IP address. A project that is up and coming is integrating Multicast Broadcast from vMix that would allow the program to auto discover vMix on the network. That feature is a little ways off.
thecloudmediagroup  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2015 11:22:46 PM(UTC)
thecloudmediagroup

Man
United States

Len56 wrote:
Bardos wrote:

Hi Bardos,

Yes I have the same problem, I was in contact via email with Seth Haberman from the cloud media group but I have still not got an answer to this problem I have a APPLE iPad with Retina display - 4th generation software version iOS 8.4. It does connect with vMix but it takes at least 2 to 5 minutes to connect but Seth did say it should take 1 to 2 seconds.

Did you try connecting on a different machine with vMix? It's extremely hard to troubleshoot the program without being able to be hands on with your network and workstation setup. Let me know if you could test it on another computer. Thanks!
Len56  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2015 5:31:08 AM(UTC)
Len56

Man
United Kingdom

No I only have the one machine.
thecloudmediagroup  
#14 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2015 8:04:42 PM(UTC)
thecloudmediagroup

Man
United States

After some fixes to the porting process, the Windows version of the software is ready. We are working out some details with the re-naming of the application but should most likely have the software for sale by this week.

Because of the restraints of our development software, the application will currently only run at the resolution of 1024x768. Our goal is for future releases to have the ability to re-size in some capacity. Thank you for your patience!

-Seth
The Cloud Media Group.
mdsavio  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2015 8:22:00 PM(UTC)
mdsavio

Man

Len56 wrote:
Bardos wrote:

Hi Bardos,

The same crazy problem... 3 minutes to connect but nothing happend then... Only some buttons with lights on, but i can't do anything.
The app say my Vmix number... but nothing more... Vmix 16... Win 8... Home Network...
thecloudmediagroup  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2015 8:25:25 PM(UTC)
thecloudmediagroup

Man
United States

mdsavio wrote:
Len56 wrote:
Bardos wrote:

Hi Bardos,

The same crazy problem... 3 minutes to connect but nothing happend then... Only some buttons with lights on, but i can't do anything.
The app say my Vmix number... but nothing more... Vmix 16... Win 8... Home Network...

What iPad version do you have? Did you sent your network security to home network? Also, do you have any firewall software on your computer?
thecloudmediagroup  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2015 10:44:45 PM(UTC)
thecloudmediagroup

Man
United States

Also for an update on the PC version, we are done with software but working through some naming issues. As soon as this is taken, we will post the link for download and purchase.
mdsavio  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2015 6:22:47 AM(UTC)
mdsavio

Man

mdsavio wrote:
Len56 wrote:
Bardos wrote:

Hi Bardos,

What iPad version do you have? Did you sent your network security to home network? Also, do you have any firewall software on your computer?

I have two ipads, Retina & Mini, Firewal Deactivate... Ports open in Pc and Router... Takes now one minute to connect... but then only mark program and preview the same number on vMix... But the buttons don´t work.

Video:

imagebotique  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2015 10:30:58 AM(UTC)
imagebotique

Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have had the same problems as others have expressed in this thread. It just doesnt seem to pair properly with the Vmix computer. I run vmix on more than one network and on more than one computer and the problem persists under all circumstances. Paid $20 and it doesnt work, now its $5. Wish I could get a refund
thecloudmediagroup  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2015 12:39:42 PM(UTC)
thecloudmediagroup

Man
United States

mdsavio wrote:
mdsavio wrote:
Len56 wrote:
Bardos wrote:

Hi Bardos,

I have two ipads, Retina & Mini, Firewal Deactivate... Ports open in Pc and Router... Takes now one minute to connect... but then only mark program and preview the same number on vMix... But the buttons don´t work.

Video:

I believe I have fixed this bug. I was able to replicate this issue on my new iPad Air 2 and was able to patch this problem. I will get an update to the app store ASAP to correct this issue. Thank you for your patience.